18630leejones.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
A

alvinpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anyone help me buy holdem manager? I dont have access on all the payment method they accept. Any help here would be really appreciated.

No need for this. I think EnTy is going to help me with this one. :)

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This sums up my day. I rarely get tilted, but today got the best of me. Practically every time I had a really good hand and tried something aggressive, villains had monsters.

poker stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 280357
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $1.40
UTG: $9.65
MP: $10.00
CO: $6.25
Hero (BTN): $5.00
SB: $10.70

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with A
diamond.gif
K
diamond.gif

UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.55, SB calls $0.50, BB calls $0.45, UTG calls $0.45, CO calls $0.45

Flop: ($2.75) K
club.gif
club.gif
A
spade.gif
(5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $4.45 all in, SB folds, BB folds, UTG raises to $9.10 all in, CO folds

Turn: ($11.65) T
club.gif
(2 players - 2 are all in)

River: ($11.65) 8
heart.gif

Final Pot: $11.65
UTG shows 7
spade.gif
diamond.gif
(three of a kind, Sevens)
Hero shows A
diamond.gif
K
diamond.gif
(two pair, Aces and Kings)
UTG wins $11.10
(Rake: $0.55)

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG, I just realized this happened 5 minutes later against the same villain as above.

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 280361

CO: $16.10
BTN: $8.75
SB: $5.30
Hero (BB): $5.00

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with A
diamond.gif
A
spade.gif

CO raises to $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.55, CO raises to $3.80, 1 fold, Hero raises to $5 all in, CO calls $1.20

Flop: ($10.55) T
heart.gif
heart.gif
J
spade.gif
(2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: ($10.55) 8
club.gif

River: ($10.55) 2
spade.gif

Final Pot: $10.55
CO shows 8
heart.gif
spade.gif
(three of a kind, Eights)
Hero shows A
diamond.gif
A
spade.gif
(a pair of Aces)
CO wins $10.05
(Rake: $0.50)

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frustrating month so far. Here is my graph of shame. Too passive? I hate that ugly red line.Graph091309

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This sums up my day. I rarely get tilted, but today got the best of me. Practically every time I had a really good hand and tried something aggressive, villains had monsters.

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 280357

BB: $1.40
UTG: $9.65
MP: $10.00
CO: $6.25
Hero (BTN): $5.00
SB: $10.70

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with A
diamond.gif
K
diamond.gif

UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.55, SB calls $0.50, BB calls $0.45, UTG calls $0.45, CO calls $0.45

Flop: ($2.75) K
club.gif
club.gif
A
spade.gif
(5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $4.45 all in, SB folds, BB folds, UTG raises to $9.10 all in, CO folds

Turn: ($11.65) T
club.gif

River: ($11.65) 8
heart.gif

Final Pot: $11.65
UTG shows 7
spade.gif
diamond.gif
(three of a kind, Sevens)
Hero shows A
diamond.gif
K
diamond.gif
(two pair, Aces and Kings)
UTG wins $11.10
(Rake: $0.55)

Why shove the flop? Doesn't make a diff given the set, but curious why we'd shove.

EDIT- just answered my own question, you can't bet smaller as a half stack.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, very probably too passive, you're likely calling when you should be folding and folding when you should be betting/raising.

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often have overcards to the flop and miss. I c-bet around 65-70 percent of the time, both ip and oop. Is it right to fold or check/fold on the turn after one opponent either calls the flop on my c-bet or bets when I don't c-bet. I never know what to do here. If opponent has a pair of anything, I'm way behind. All I can think of besides folding is trying to re-raise, and I've had bad timing with that so far.

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frustrating month so far. Here is my graph of shame. Too passive? I hate that ugly red line.View attachment 23339

Maybe post some PT/HEM stats?

Yes, very probably too passive, you're likely calling when you should be folding and folding when you should be betting/raising.

How do you come up with this conclusion? He has positive showdown winnings. You mean like calling and then giving up on later streets to further aggression?

I often have overcards to the flop and miss. I c-bet around 65-70 percent of the time, both ip and oop. Is it right to fold or check/fold on the turn after one opponent either calls the flop on my c-bet or bets when I don't c-bet. I never know what to do here. If opponent has a pair of anything, I'm way behind. All I can think of besides folding is trying to re-raise, and I've had bad timing with that so far.

How often are you getting your cbet called? If they are calling you only when they hit the board, then it's fine to just fold the turn/river. Don't bother trying to barrel them because most of them won't fold. If they float you with nothing, you can mix in some double barrels but I found that few people float with air with the intention of stealing the pot later in the hand at 10nl. Position really helps here because it'll often allow you to see an extra card for free.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you come up with this conclusion? He has positive showdown winnings. You mean like calling and then giving up on later streets to further aggression?

That's what I meant, and I said "probably" and "likely", I haven't made a conclusion, can't tell without stats.

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
September so far Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. .25/.50 limit

Attachments

• september.jpg
    september.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 16
Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rouge

Until you buy in for the max and play some postflop that red line is just going to continue to go down.

A

alvinpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I need some help on postflop play. For e.g I hit on flop. Then the original raiser raises. Should I go on top of his raise? Or should I just call?

Like for e.g im holding pocket pair. which is higher on everything on board.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I need some help on postflop play. For e.g I hit on flop. Then the original raiser raises. Should I go on top of his raise? Or should I just call?

Like for e.g im holding pocket pair. which is higher on everything on board.

This depends a lot on villain.

In general, though, I think you're describing a donk bet, where you bet into the pf raiser. The pfr will frequently raise a wide range, including overpairs bigger than yours, but also tptk type hands, sometimes even overcards because you're donk betting.

If you're talking about say JJ on a 9 hi flop, we should have 3bet pf, in which case this wouldn't be a donk bet.

Like I said, though, this is very villain dependent - some villains will fold without an overpair or set, some villains will bet aggressively with air to knock you off your hand. Against the former, you obviously fold. Against the latter, you may want to call and see what the turn card is.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, here's a question for you cash players:
you're quite new to a full ring table so you have no reads on the other players, nor history with them. utg goes all-in for 100bb, it gets folded round to you in the BB with QQ. Call or fold?
After tanking it, I called, but I was pretty sure he had AA, which he did indeed reveal. Being new to ring, did I make the right call, and is this always a call?

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's what I meant, and I said "probably" and "likely", I haven't made a conclusion, can't tell without stats.

Not criticizing what you said. I meant to phrase it more along the lines of, "what made you think that given the information?"

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rouge

Until you buy in for the max and play some postflop that red line is just going to continue to go down.

Yeah I agree. I have no idea why you're half stacking 16 tables. I don't get it, and I have never read any strategy about half stacking (especially at 6max), nor have I ever heard of a great cash game player that half stacks. It just seems like the least logical buy-in.

You don't have the full advantage of a short stack. You can't capitalize for the full possible amount on your big hands. And you get stuck w/ awkward stack to pot ratios when playing throughout the hand.

My suggestion is to drop down to 5NL. OR move up to 10NL, cut back on tables, and learn to play w/ a full stack. I think I lean towards the latter of the two options.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My suggestion is to drop down to 5NL. OR move up to 10NL, cut back on tables, and learn to play w/ a full stack. I think I lean towards the latter of the two options.

For real though. Even though you dropped from like 24 tables or whatever insane amount it was, 16 is still waaaay too many to actually learn/play at the same time

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe post some PT/HEM stats?

Which ones should I post? Most likely they would be post-flop stats that I need to look at.

How often are you getting your cbet called? If they are calling you only when they hit the board, then it's fine to just fold the turn/river.

Overall my c-bets are about 55% successful. My Turn c-bets are 38% with 33% success.

Thinking about my red line, one idea I had that makes sense is that I don't bet the river nearly enough. That would explain the high blue line. To give you some idea, I've only bet the river 175 times out of 25,000 hands this month. That can't be good. And of those I've bet, I've only lost 40 hands.

Yeah I agree. I have no idea why you're half stacking 16 tables.

I earn FPPs too slow at 5nl and my bankroll isn't quite high enough to full stack at 10nl yet, but it will be soon. Often, though, I double up my half stack and play with a full stack and above a high percentage of the time, so it's not really that bad. I feel a little more comfortable psychologically playing a full stack after doubling up than buying in full in the first place. It's just a comfort level thing and I'm gradually increasing the amounts.

For real though. Even though you dropped from like 24 tables or whatever insane amount it was, 16 is still waaaay too many to actually learn/play at the same time

I'm not sure what I'm missing by playing this way. It seems like tons of time. I am stacking tables, so it's not like my attention is scattered all over the place at once.

What's the biggest difference between half-stacking and full-stacking? I gather that it's mainly set-mining and playing suited connectors profitably, which doesn't work with half a stack, but, he-he, it's a good defense against set-miners and sc players. Anything else? I like the SPRs with half-stacks when I have a strong pair.

I appreciate all your feedback -- this is a great community!

F

Falian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure what I'm missing by playing this way. It seems like tons of time. I am stacking tables, so it's not like my attention is scattered all over the place at once.

What's the biggest difference between half-stacking and full-stacking? I gather that it's mainly set-mining and playing suited connectors profitably, which doesn't work with half a stack, but, he-he, it's a good defense against set-miners and sc players. Anything else? I like the SPRs with half-stacks when I have a strong pair.

Because playing 16 tables forces you to play very ABC and fit/fold poker. This can be profitable, however, smart players will be able to pick up your ABC style and be able to exploit it easily. Logically, Smart Players increase as you increase stakes. Therefore, your winrate will decrease if you try this at higher levels.

As to your question regarding half/full stack, half stacks protect you from regs but cause you to lose value versus fish. You will always make the majority of your money from fish. So, if you play a full stack you will get maximum value from fish. If your afraid of setminer/sc's then avoid pots with regs unless you have strong hands.

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which ones should I post? Most likely they would be post-flop stats that I need to look at.

You have to combine preflop stats with postflop stats even if you only want your postflop game evaluated because your preflop range affects the kinds of stats you should have postflop. For example, a 10/8 nit cbetting the flop 85% of the time is probably just fine whereas a 30/25 lag cbetting the flop 85% of the time is probably spew.

That said, the following stats (HEM, i dunno how PT3 works) would give a fairly comprehensive view of potential postflop leaks (by position would be best): VPIP/PFR/Agg, Steal%, WTSD/W$SD, Flop Cbet%/Flop Cbet% Success/Turn Cbet%/Turn Cbet% Success/Bet River%, Fold Flop vs Cbet%/Flop Raise Cbet.

You can choose whatever, and I'll still comment but the above stats are what I look at to analyze my own game.

Overall my c-bets are about 55% successful. My Turn c-bets are 38% with 33% success.

A cbet success rate of 55% is immensely high and probably immediately profitable depending on your cbet size (I can show the math if you're interested). You can most certainly cbet more and be immediately profitable.

The turn cbet success rate is pretty much in line with my stats and they tell the same story: If people are calling you on the flop, they are also calling you with the same thing on the turn. What does this mean? Don't double barrel with air too much (in position, having A high often helps with double barrels because if villain misses a broad way draw of some sort, you may still pick up the pot by checking behind on the river). I see a lot of "people should turn barrel more" comments but I firmly believe that unless you think people are floating you light, you shouldn't double barrel all that much.

Thinking about my red line, one idea I had that makes sense is that I don't bet the river nearly enough. That would explain the high blue line. To give you some idea, I've only bet the river 175 times out of 25,000 hands this month. That can't be good. And of those I've bet, I've only lost 40 hands.

I'm not sure this has anything to do with your red line. I'm assuming that you don't fold the river a lot meaning that you could potentially have a higher blue line by betting more for value. This is definitely a leak but it has nothing to do with your non-showdown winnings.

I earn FPPs too slow at 5nl and my bankroll isn't quite high enough to full stack at 10nl yet, but it will be soon. Often, though, I double up my half stack and play with a full stack and above a high percentage of the time, so it's not really that bad. I feel a little more comfortable psychologically playing a full stack after doubling up than buying in full in the first place. It's just a comfort level thing and I'm gradually increasing the amounts.

FPPs are overrated. Money > FPPs. Unless you need to sustain your current rate to get Supernova, it's not worth it imo.

Meh... I personally have no problem with your halfstacking as long as you know how to bet size appropriately because you'll have the advantage of knowing 50bb effective stack size strategy better than your opponents. That said, I think it's better to learn full stack poker unless you intend to half stack even after moving up. Why would you want to relearn all the strategies, bet sizes, and SPR's all over again?