The Power of Position (Day 1 Course Discussion)

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some player react differently when raised. I feel like the pot value and your stack size have a big impact on the effect. You can guess some bluff because of positioning too!

Yes, a player's position certainly helps us to range them and thereby help us calculate the likelihood of a bluff!

AdonisPimenta

AdonisPimenta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is amazing the idea about "relative position" cause your strategy should change completely at the time that the players before you post their bets. A totally different game happens when someone raise or bet before you.

DanyDiablo

DanyDiablo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Talking about positions and their great importance is a great way to start the course. Good hands.;)

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is amazing the idea about "relative position" cause your strategy should change completely at the time that the players before you post their bets. A totally different game happens when someone raise or bet before you.
That's true--it's a total game changer! :D
Talking about positions and their great importance is a great way to start the course. Good hands.;)
Glad to hear you agree with where we decided to start things off! Hope you enjoy the whole course :)

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very important leason,im a cash player so the possition in table is very simple UTG,MP,CO,BTN,SB and BB but when im playing MTT 8 or 9 players table it was a litle dificult for me to know the exact possition i was, now with Katie explination it gets all cristal clear.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very important leason,im a cash player so the possition in table is very simple UTG,MP,CO,BTN,SB and BB but when im playing MTT 8 or 9 players table it was a litle dificult for me to know the exact possition i was, now with Katie explination it gets all cristal clear.

Very glad to hear that, thanks Freddy! :)

DanyDiablo

DanyDiablo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I have a question regarding the 30 day course. The other day I started it, and today I entered my course again to continue with the second class and it gives me the option to start the course. How can I save the progress? Or should I not? I'm half lost, I hope your help. Thank you and good hands.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I have a question regarding the 30 day course. The other day I started it, and today I entered my course again to continue with the second class and it gives me the option to start the course. How can I save the progress? Or should I not? I'm half lost, I hope your help. Thank you and good hands.

Good question. It's probably easiest to just continue reading the eBook starting on the next day and then watch the new day's video on the site. Apart from that, I don't think there's a Save feature. Sorry if this was unclear!

T

tatyus1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good

Essa é uma boa lição.

Eu acho que a posição é uma em cada três da estratégia de poker mais importante

P

Pablitto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My style of play is like freestyle i like to watch my opponents for 5-8 rounds, choose a victim and attack. I thing Best position for attack is last before stacks

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Location at the table can tell us a certain range of hands in the future. The position provides information and time to analyze actions performed by other players before us. I think that understanding this will help avoid unpleasant situations where we don't want to be involved in a big pot.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just finished day 1 enjoyed it a lot as well :D

All the best

Thanks very much for letting us know :) ! Best of luck with the rest of the course and just let us know in the daily threads if you have any questions.

O

okiepokerplayer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hahaha I am amused by using it as though it’s as common as saying hijack when it’s not of course lol. The LoJack always struck me as a celebrity couple type name—back when the trend was to combine every Hollywood couple’s names into one [emoji38]

So this one would be like Lindsey Lohan and Jack Black, basically the funniest insane couple in Hollywood...lol

O

okiepokerplayer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My style of play is like freestyle i like to watch my opponents for 5-8 rounds, choose a victim and attack. I thing Best position for attack is last before stacks

Please elaborate on this "last before stacks" position.

alex_dorda

alex_dorda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!

Everyone talks about this course in such a way that I hastily started to learn English, since I am Russian-speaking!))

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the button is the best position of all always always they will always fear you for that position the only way they don't respect you and have a pair of AA or KK.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone talks about this course in such a way that I hastily started to learn English, since I am Russian-speaking!))

That's great Alex. удачи с уроками английского и курсом!

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel to many players do not take advantage of position. You can be dealt poor cards,does not matter, and a late position raise can easily take the pot. Punish the limper!

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Position makes about 70% of my decisions for me in most cases

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel to many players do not take advantage of position. You can be dealt poor cards,does not matter, and a late position raise can easily take the pot. Punish the limper!

That’s certainly true! :)