Poker profitable? Or not?

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Know your limits, literally. I play $.50/$1 to $1/$2 LIMIT poker and up to $4/$8 limit live, basically, the lowest limit tables. I can continually crush those games and over years netted few thousands of dollars after roughly 200,000 hands. I've taken my winnings before and tried my hand at $2/$4 and even $5/$10 limit online and got absolutely crushed. Whole different ball game when you start playing at limits where people are trying to play for a living and grind daily while I'm just playing casually to search for a few fish.

TL;DR: DON'T BE THE FISH AT THE TABLE.

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, I have not really profitable. I usually paid 50 usd. but I'm losing end of the month. It was bigger prize you? If so write about it. Good luck for everyone;)
For me poker is entertainment

D

DeadlyAce85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suck at poker, so for me. Pretty much breakeven.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not know what is happening...
something has been broken for a while and it is a series of profitable days.I haven’t won anything in 3 days and I realized this turbo isn’t really lying to me.It's just too fast.So with a very serious determination, I will move from the $ 1 45 normal to tomorrow. 92 seats are plenty enough. I try to develop myself further, play, practice.Oh and leaving the MTTs because that way I can download 1-2 a day doesn't make much sense. There is little chance of getting a higher score because I push a few MTTs.Next week I will try to download 50 $ 1 SnGs with as much profit as possible.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Playing Poker is very profitable especially for the poker sites, They don't play they just offer amazing prize money to the winners, which looks good on paper but when you consider the amount of players who buy-in to these tourney's there are thousands that do not make the money.
When I first started playing on-line my Father said "do be careful son, you can lose a lot of money, gambling like that"
I just laughed and said "Dad I play free-rolls, How can I lose?"
Then I went on to explain how free-rolls work and how much you can win from them.
He then asked How can they afford to give away free money like that.
I answered that for every person like me who dreams of winning a fortune there are thousands of others who think they can make the money without the hard work and studying they need in order to win.
It is so easy to deposit huge amounts of money and buy into big games that offer thousands of Dollars in prize money, but so much harder to make the top place and win.
My advice to any one starting on-line is to be Patient, success is not an overnight thing , and in order to be good at any thing it takes Practice, Practice, Practice,
I am still miles away from playing high stakes but do I really want to?
I am happy playing 1 Dollar Sit and Goes and the odd Free-roll MTT.
Poker is a game like any other, and it should be treated as a game, something to be enjoyed, not looked on as a way to make money or make a better lifestyle for yourself, Sure some people do make it big, you only have to look at the poker stars playing on T.V.
Remember this for each one you see, There are thousands and thousands of others that never do.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am proud of myself! Maybe yesterday’s little learning also helped or that I trusted my knowledge and didn’t lose my mind. I could be there mentally completely. All of these helped me achieve my success.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone says that 5% of players win, but no one puts themselves in this percentage. ))

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in the beginning it is not profitable. But if you study and practice, it may be some day.

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This month I made the final table of the CC freeroll twice. One of them made 20 dollars. And I also won a hot tournament of 1.10, which distributed 750 dollars, with 117 to first place. This month has been profitable, but generally it is not ... Good luck!:cool::cool:

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I basically don’t have a big goal with poker right now, I’m pushing until I run out of money. Pumpkin is good because I now have $ 32, but let me be honest, I deciphered the post-flop game. They can embarrass you. It’s like the field has become much more aggressive, but could it be a placebo?

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The time factor is always something that helps because a person who wants to win at poker and does not have much time to study or to play and practice will not improve at any time

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched a couple of videos on youtube yesterday I can’t upset myself so much if those sparse pulls don’t want to fall for a few days, if nothing comes to the AK, if it comes on the back of a cooler-cooler. There is one, done. But for important handicaps, I wouldn't mind if he came

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are things in my game that I’m happy with and more that I don’t. I think my game is pretty aggressive which is really useful especially towards the end of the tournaments. Another positive is that I noticed that it didn’t bother me at all if I dropped out of a tournament due to a bad beat even if I was a deep stack, so there was no tilt so far. When it comes to postflop play, I quietly note that I think it’s going in the right direction but there are still situations where I don’t know how to cheat even more chips from my opponent. On the other hand, I think it's a good thing to look for opponents who are better than average here on a micro limit because I like to play against regs because you can play lines there and often throw on the river.

mardasenia

mardasenia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each person in his own way considers poker to be profitable or not! If you throw in money and add a couple of bucks and know how to use it correctly, profit too! If you withdraw money and have never made a deposit, this is 100% profit !!!

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During the pandemic, it is all the more profitable to play poker. You perform two tasks self-isolation and if you understand poker well, you will win money. BEAUTY

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For most people, online poker is actually not profitable. But that's not because the poker software is rigged. The poker software makes enough revenue from the rake. The software does not have to artificially raise the pots. No, there are simpler reasons and that is called variance. Let's do the math all through. The winnings in online poker are not as high as in live poker, as many of the advantages of a good player are lost, such as the psychological component and the opponents are worse. That is why a good player can win 5 big blinds for 100 hands in online poker. That's a very good value. However, a player will not always win exactly 5 big blinds for 100 hands. Because poker is also dependent on luck. That means every player has fluctuations in his winnings. This is called variance. And a low profit margin has a damaging effect on variance. The standard deviation in poker is 100 big blinds for 100 hands. This means that even a good player can lose 95 big blinds to 100 hands. If you put these values ​​in the simulator, the results are terrifying. In around 35 percent of his playing time, this player is stuck in a downswing of 2000 big blinds! With a session of 10,000 hands there is a probability of 60% in the minus! It is therefore not enough to play 2 hours at 2 tables every day. You have to play a lot of hands to compensate for the variance. You have to play 20 tables for 8 hours a day (and against bad players) to beat the variance. it's impossible for people with a normal job. In addition, the win rate can also come under 5 big blinds. For example, when you have phases in which you play worse. Because of this, it is impossible for ordinary people to make a profit from online poker. Variance is a bitch.

M

MichaelTyler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I've been thinking,
If you start off in freerolls, and you play within 100bi bankroll rule, never risking more than like 1% of your bankroll at a time, then how can poker be anything other than breakeven at the worst? You are never really risking anything of import and you can only go up and the only thing it costs you is time, so it's all good. :laugh:

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So I've been thinking,
If you start off in freerolls, and you play within 100bi bankroll rule, never risking more than like 1% of your bankroll at a time, then how can poker be anything other than breakeven at the worst? You are never really risking anything of import and you can only go up and the only thing it costs you is time, so it's all good. [emoji23]

Time is the biggest loss of all. You can put all your time into freerolling into a decent BR only to lose it all 1% at a time. It's unlikely but happens anyway.

AMAQ12

AMAQ12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some days are just more profitable than others thats all!

bekbollkz

bekbollkz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker, when patience and a little math are key. And if you play freerolls you will only lose time !!!;)

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I decided that if I had any effect on my mood and mood before the sessions, I would describe it before the start of the session, so I'm sure I wouldn't forget, and on the other hand, reading it back later, maybe it could have a bit of a disciplining effect, e.g. we don’t play a hangover, tired, in a bad mood, too tossed, and so on. With that, I feel like I’m helping a little too, leading it as a kind of history, and who might read it to see if you find something useful in it for yourself. Because I think you can really stifle the game.

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker can be profitable, but depends on your bankroll I think. Risking more, can lead to more profit, but also more losses.