Poker profitable? Or not?

soLdaTeS88

soLdaTeS88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play well and constantly win, then of course it is profitable))

Well, if you play sometimes for pleasure, then there will be no special profit, you have lost somewhere, won somewhere. For poker to be profitable, you need to play professionally

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I keep a record of what I spend on poker and how often I make the money.
I do it be calendar year and I've always ended up in profit.

Some years it's only been £20, but there aren't many hobbies you can do every week that don't cost you anything.

I think it's important to keep an actual factual track of what it's costing you - It is gambling after all.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Although I am not a subsistence poker player at the moment only in such a semi-transitional state between the hobby and the regular player but it is really incomparable to the old e.g. 2010 field with today. There are also a lot of differences between the trends in the game and the skill of the players. So even now you can beat the limits with enough will to persevere to a "certain level".

N

Nounounou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On my end its not profitable at all! Nu biggest mistake is sometimes emotional attachment. Then the pressure is killing me

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The game went pretty badly this week. I read two psychological articles again, so I see my last week’s fall series a little differently. According to the article, it’s worth sitting out after a 100 BB fall, compared to my biggest fall was 39 BB when I sat down.

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you pay attention to the person and persevere then yes it can be profitable just take the time and bring it to you

Hitmanshoot

Hitmanshoot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker it's very profitable but not for everybody�� but If u work hard and play serious u can do a good bankroll.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only a minority make a profit and the skill level of players has increased a lot of the years making poker a lot a harder now. It requires a lot of time and effort to be profitable.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
When I first started playing, I thought that poker can only be won by luck, but over time I realized,that poker is a game of skill,and you can make good money,if you learn to play it right.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I missed out on the big monologue that it's been 8-10 years since I started playing poker. The NL2-NL5 of the field at the time could really be beaten with a lumberjack starting hand table, whether someone was playing SSS, MSS, BSS. That's why I was able to be a winning player for the most part. But as the years went by, the field also changed. Many learned to play better, and big fish also became rarer.

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some profit possible at a shrot distance . Usually 95 % players lose money

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is definitely profitable for my opponents! I play only for fun, and I know I have lost way more than I have won over the years . . . but luck has never been with me -- I think I used up all my luck when I met my husband.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll start fitness again on Monday. I was at rest from mid-December, just moving myself a little at home a little bit sometimes. I’m not a big kneader, it’s not my goal to be as big as I can, I just train for fitness. I have been missing regular exercise since this damn virus is here, there are plenty of restrictions!

T

TeamPro1980

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Professional Hold'em Strategies available this month!! Almost 900 pages of poker strategy!!! Strategies to compete with the professionals!!

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes

Yes, poker is profitable!
But you need to be a good bankrool manager, if you don’t manage your bankrool well it will certainly not be profitable and you’ll have an emotional problem or just play for fun
:deal::eek:

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most important thing I’ve learned is that you always have to set goals for yourself. Without them, we simply cannot succeed. Not only do you have to play with them orally, you have to write them down! To forget

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
by the slimmest of margins... not enough to pay for my coffee that I drink while playing.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play because I like it. I didn't put much in poker for about 10 euros, but so far I've taken out around 300 euros ... I've lost and I've won

B

bobor19871987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bobor19871987

Unfortunately, the poker is a non-profit I still lose everything so just for fun:):):):)

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the one who won - profitable. For the one who lost, no.
Even if you won one cent, that's already a profit. Now the main thing is not to lose the rest.

Rodolfo888

Rodolfo888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, both part a defeated as the victory is a variance of learning how to deal with the question of banking having a term of control in the defeats with having a good performance in the victories.

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If u are a good player and can control yourself - yes

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are two types of players in this no limit who are full nit and who are all hands and have no idea what they are doing.
Anyway, you don’t need a lot of knowledge here if you want to win, just a little luck