Poker profitable? Or not?

T

ThinkIllcallUwitha5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm down some time but up a tiny bit of money and a lot of fun and experience, so I would say it's a profitable activity, in the broad sense that it provides good things to my life. I would recommend that you train yourself to be disciplined in freerolls before you start paying money. If you don't have the discipline to do that, then you are probably acting like a donk at the table and that's why you lose money. It's more fun to take shortcuts, I know because I've lose some buy-in money, but I think it's very important to work your way up.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Capability means what you're talented, motivation decides what you're doing, and attitude determines how well you will be doing." Unfortunately I'm not yet talented in poker but I'm working on it:D :joyman:

S

suener

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the most important rule is not to play too many hands.
Play the best 15 hands in poker. Try to make sure what way the other players play and play your top 15 hands aggressive. Good luck

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the amount of people who live poker and is a millionaire thanks to poker, I find the question ridiculous, when the answer is a clear yes. If it were profitable for everyone, there would be danger as well as work itself.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why most of the important cases do not arise from what you have but on what you are supposed to do with the other. This should be the focus. Why? Because the reasons for telling you what to control your game (a little tautological, but I do not know how much to be trivial). The handles serve as a resource to cover your mistaken thoughts and arguments. If you analyze the hand correctly (you'll tell why you're doing what you do), there is much to improve your game.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's why it's realistic that spin and go in HU's nine times out of ten, the enemy wins with the worst card and when you're worse then he wins. As commonly known, the winner can always improve, either as it goes ....

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remembered that coaching should be done to learn the best of the world. Then how high would I be able to break it up? I wanted to make a thoughtful decision, so I gave it a 1 month cut. The problem is that a large number of players playing spin are in the group.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game is very tough now a days. Even players at Micros know the same stuff that pros know. When you add limpers/wide callers into the mix it makes it that much harder unless you have position. I was suggest signing up for some coaching, really learn some ranges, and really build a solid foundation for your game. It will turn around as long as your mind is right. That's the toughest part. especially at the micros where its almost a crap shoot sometimes.

X

xRanieri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is slowly dying

Poker has been less and less profitable for the past 10 years. There are still amazing players that make some pretty impressive graphs. The old timers (55+ years of age) will be losing their deposits consistently for the next 30 years lol (no offense to older players that are profitable), so there will always be fish.

But yeah, think about the kids. Will they be attracted to poker? But, I think as VR gets more popular, single-handed online VR cash games will be extremely popular, where you literally sit at the table and interact with the chips and cards.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it will not be a big break out of this and, unfortunately, it is the stamp of my everyday life. I feel very bitter.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know players who are very much analyzed, but they do not get one on the other. This is 3 hours a day (wtf) and there is nothing to look at. In most cases, such people would prefer to leave poker in my opinion. "The more analysis is not always better" thought I think most of them, but they are usually generally poorly conceptualized and / or denied mental game problems

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since this is "civil" for me in my profession, so I'm giving you free advice, so why not help the forum here?Until now, I have experience and / or useful information on the following topics:
Forex (or, if you like, FX Market)
Stock Exchange (shares yes, options and timelines not)
Gold (one of my favorite topics)
Government paper (they take people when they are not good business ...)
Real Estate (residential property yes, industrial)
Small business (everyone who does not have the money, he thinks the idea of the century ...)
MLM (anyone can get rich, only the ones on the other side of the stage ...)In time, I will share some thoughts on each of them. In the meantime ask yourself bravely!

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have received a larger deposit deposit bonus at the stars I would like to live with (and I don't want to make a big difference here). Not only Omaha will be in the repertoire. Or rather, I would like to count on the daily MTT number, ITM / FT. Now I was looking back at some of my old post offices when FTs dropped every day ... up to 1st place ... :) I want to do something like that again. :)

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played 13 races during the day, 6 of which were final tables, but unfortunately I was thrown three times before the bubble, but I won 2 races, and I became 5th. I didn't feel it during the races that luck would stand on my side, I think it could have been better, but it's not bad to get started!
bankroll: $ 35.72

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the question is "Is Poker profitable long term." I say just as much as opening a high risk business like a Bar or Restaurant. In today's game, the idea is. If you are playing perfect poker, and never make a mistake there is still a 30% chance you will be a losing player. More mistakes you make, the higher that number goes up. once you break 50% you have a better chance of losing money then actually making money long term....

If this is know you need to go in with 2 mindsets.....

1) I'm gonna play for fun, learn on my own, not commit a whole lot of time, and just treat it as a hobby to pass time. If I win, I win. If I lose, I lose. Im not gonna lose sleep over it.

2) Im gonna be a winning player, possibly go pro, and do this for a living. If that's the case you have to not only commit to studying your game off the table, but you need to know how to study. you have to understand GTO, ICM, True and Fold equity. know how to take notes.... without these things your gonna fail....

At the end of the day, if you want to be profitable you have to treat it like a business. set a schedule, study, always view every play as an investment. All while knowing when you can take down a pot with a strong bluff... And always knowing even if you do all the right things there is still a 30% you will fail....

So the choice is up to you. Is it worth the effort? Only you can deside.

T

The Driller

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
profit from poker

It's very hard to get profit from playing poker, but it is not impossible.
you have to put a pretty good strong plan to avoide loosing in poker, and of course this plan concern at first how you play during a poker hand how tight you play, and how much you decide to loose it means your budget.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very hard to get profit from playing poker, but it is not impossible.
you have to put a pretty good strong plan to avoide loosing in poker, and of course this plan concern at first how you play during a poker hand how tight you play, and how much you decide to loose it means your budget.
Really it's not that hard to be profitable.... all it really takes is A) understanding the game at the highest level. B) being able to play cash and Tournaments. C) (as long as you have A and B down, this is the most important) recognizing profitable, and non profitable tables to play on.

If you are doing everything right to be profitable (studying, not playing on emotion, playing mathematically correct, and picking "right" bluff spots) means nothing if you are not playing against players that are not doing that.... if you play bad players while you have the edge of knowlage this ups your profitability considerably.... but you still have to recognize the diffrent between good and bad players.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
profitable

To make a profit you must first mount a grid compatible games with what you put money for instance if you put 50 US dollars have to play cash of 2 cents and if tournaments from 10 to 50 cents to keep your bankroll

Ie it takes to play in the house 100 times less of your deposit but if you are recreational places and 50 US dollars and plays Bouins for example 5 or 11 US dollars you compromente their income due to variance in the games

I hope it helped a bit

:jd4:mateuspoker

X

xRanieri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The average poker player has gotten better since 2009. I mean, even a fish knows stuff like hand vs hand equities, 3-betting strategies, O-ranges for different positions, etc. But players are far from playing game-theoretically optimal.

I play a 3bb/100 at 100NL, if that helps, and I'm not even good. :p

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I've been playing with someone else's money since 2006

bereckelya

bereckelya

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, I have not really profitable. I usually paid 50 usd. but I'm losing end of the month. It was bigger prize you? If so write about it. Good luck for everyone;)

If you want to earn poker, you need to improve your skills.

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think to get a point for poker to be profitable you have to study hard, you to dedicate a lot, you to have a lot of time and a bit of luck too.
As I do not do any of this well then I play just like fun.

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is definitely profitable. For some.

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not immediately, but if you dedicate enough time you will surely see rewards. The "bad" part is that you are not the only one with those plans in mind, many start and fail due to lack of perseverance and a bad handling of bankroll, so be careful and good luck.