Poker profitable? Or not?

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is arguably the most iconic recurring tournament in poker and now after 13 years the Sunday Million is halving its buy-in.

M

mioou2011

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it profitable so far
but nobody can predict the future
I hope nobody gets broke

Xesh

Xesh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is interesting, it can be profitable when you know how to play

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is worth everyone to look at the 'My Stars' -> 'Bonuses' -> 'Release Bonuses' section, there is a deposit action, I have $ 75 cash for $ 300. I don't know if everyone goes and how much ... is available to you?

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi!
Some forums say that from January 1st, poker and other tracking software will not be available on pokerstars. What do you know about this?

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Profitable

Most poker players are losing players. This just the truth. I think part of the problem for some is that they are trying to make money before they get good at the game. If you are not willing to build your skill, then only luck can save you, and as we know from bad beats, luck (variance) without skill is rarely kind in the long run.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The cash game field has been strengthened over the last few years, but on the NL400 it is possible to combine 50-60 € rake comfortably at Ipoker every hour, and it is around 30 € / h for a zero winnings. If he succeeds with a positive winrate, then I could go over.

T

TanaT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing happens for nothing. To make a profit, you need to learn, improve technology. What is lucky, quickly leaves.

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that poker is profitable in the long term for players who are instructed and know how to handle their impulses and their bankroll correctly. Exactly the profitability of 30% is the lack of profitability of 70% of the players.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll be honest ... I have no idea what my game is like. I feel that these limits have my skill and not. Of course I could say that I am downswingen and blabla, but actually EV is about $ 1 different from the actual amount. So I'm getting a different kind of cooler, or I'm just the fish. I just thought I could hear in legends and story books ...

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on are u winning or not
My guess - it can be ;)

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I have to think a little bit about plans for the month and the future. Not that my week would have been a bad one, but there are problems with my game volume. Overall, Starson didn't go bad, though not well. I'd rather say stagnation.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, it's been a while. However, I cannot achieve substantial progress. Somehow it always happens if I have a bigger tournament, then when I feel good, I'll drop before the final table. For example, today, 13/1253, which I really need to hold my hands in these critical situations, which is unfortunately not done, so I slip off the big moneh, stagnation.
I hope that in the future I will get a bit better at the end of my turn and I will stand up because there is always the big money from the top3 places, unfortunately not many of them got out of me. So I'll have it.
With SNGs, I get worse series after a smaller one. That's poker.

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
like phil helmeuth himself said

don't worry about your losses because over time it will all even back out again.

now i have definitely won more in live games then i have online
but i do prefer to play online as it is more convenient as i can sit at home without too much complaining that im always out playing poker lol
i can get very merry without the cost of my alcohol being too extreme leaving even more money for holdem. theres no chance of being in a tournament for free in this country unless of course you have paid in to win a satellite which still would have costed you any way and it is much harder for people to tell when you are bluffing * not that i do this anyways (yeah right lol)

(or am i just planting a seed to make you think im bluffing)
guess youll have to find out lolol

ether way good luck to everyone
ill be donking you at the tables real soon

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first ochered- this fun and excitement. everyone wants to win, but not all turns out. I'm not in the red, but not rich.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Weird question. Sounds like some kind of conspiracy theory and disbelief in existence of successful poker players.

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are not losing money, don't beat yourself up breaking even. It can be a relief and "a thrilling ride" to make it back to where you started. Sometimes, it can be funner than winning as you don't know where the best place to stop is.

That is all truer for me gambling with blackjack than holdem, which most and myself consider poker more a game of acquired skill than gambling.

Keep at it if it's not causing you problems.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker can be profitable but you need to be willing to put in the work. Many players are not or lose interest when they understand the dedication it takes to hone their craft. Even then, not everyone has the mental makeup to be successful.

With proper game selection and some effort you can make the game a profitable adventure. However, there is nothing wrong with poker being a non-profitable game as recreation provided your losses are not affecting your financial stability.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fff

Playing freeroll you will be always profitable.Any amount of money winning by freeroll is 100% profit .With 0 risk any amount like 2 or 20 $ is 100 % pure profit .Try to win more freerolls and then play with that small buyins mtt.

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its take some time to be profitable and a lot of study,i started whit 30$ on poker stars,now i play only in 888 poker, now i get about 300$/month,its not much but i ll try to do more in few years ,but you must love this game,not play becouse of money!i suggest new players to play only mtt not cash games ,there is to hard to get money,just my opinion!
So yea poker is profitable if u use your head and controll emotions!but dont be greedy.... :cool: :)

I agree tournament play is the way to go for beginners its not a matter of if you bust but when.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in all, Starson can say that after a poor start, there is a big downturn. In 79 SNGs, we managed to bring a little minute in the month. Approximately $ 60 + $ 42, then, in the last 20, I managed to build 2 ITMs, so it's pretty naughty. Thx is now the RNG of Stars :) So now it's $ 4.65 so far from the Starson SNG of the month. I hope it goes over it, but now it's a little bad.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Tilt state has two sides, like a coin, a positive tilt, and a negative one, both of which can lead to one of them being more noticeable than the other, because one is the Godfather, while the other is flying the monitor. The latter is easy to handle because you simply don't throw the monitor off :)
When the machine comes in and every Flop hits it, every drafts fall into the river, but if the basic concept is wrong (I don't open 82o with EP) then 5.7% of the cases come in vain.That's why I don't set a limit for the goal, but let's say 1-2k hands, then I realize how to continue :)