Poker books that changed your life

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Super System 2.

It taught me great things about poker at the time when I was still learning to play the game. Helped me in many ways especially in live play. Power Poker pays off if you know how to do it the right way...

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I am truly committed to getting better at poker and I find it frustrating when the chip leader in a tourney has shared a table with you from word go and you have watched him build his stack knocking out legit hand after legit hand with 3-4o or suited and 4-5o or suited???really??

NOT a huge stack bullying the table full of postnfolders and 3 players,,but right from the get go.. His ace-j always pulls a straight if there is a set of A's or K's?? its dumbfounding. 4 and 5 people in the pot doesnt matter.

Am I missing something???

did he read some book I dont know about?

Have you read and would recommend any poker books that you feel are must reads????
There's a large list of books I've read. Some books that are listed are outdated and newer publishing with offer what those books have plus more. Start with Strategies for Beating Small Stakes Poker Tournaments by Jonathan Little. Next read Excelling at No Limit Hold'em by Jonathan Little. These will improve your game greatly. Next read Kill Everyone: Advanced Strategies for No Limit Hold'em by Lee Nelson. After these 3 books I don't think you'll have as much trouble

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is Hansens book å good read?
Yes but the type of poker he plays have been refined and mastered by other players such as Patrik Antonius or Elky. Its a must read but you have to understand if you read new poker books you'd see may holes in Hansen's game. Plus some of the plays he makes won't get through in the modern game.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What constitutes a good poker book depends on what, precisely, your needs are. Are you a novice, intermediate or good (wanting to become expert) player?

What game are you trying to master? Hold'em? Omaha? Stud? Razz? Some form of Draw?

What stakes? Micro? Low? Middle? High? Nosebleed?

No single book is good at everything just as no author is an expert in all. What is for certain, however, is that there is a veritable plethora of really BAD books out there with a lot of erroneous information. And just because a player excels at the game, it does not mean he or she is a good author or teacher.

Take everything with a grain of salt: the main takeaway from whatever you read is that it forces you to THINK about the game.

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the most important Poker book I ever read was my own journal that I kept for the first year of my play. It showed me just how much I knew and didn't know. But I think a life changing read for me was definitely The Poker Mindset.

E

eggtart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Harrington book on tournament poker
David Sklanskly -The theory of poker
Barrry Greenstein- Ace on the river
Doyle Brunson- Super system 1 & 2
Johnathan Little- secrets of professional poker tournaments

A

Andy_mirON

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theory of Poker, Sklansky
Excelling at No-limit Hold'em, Little

Recommended reading, after reading some of the things in my game got really much better