Odds of Straight Flush Versus Straight Flush?

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The odds are 1 to 1.4 Million. Bad beat jackpot Baby.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not as rare as 4 of a kind vs a straight flush since you are sharing board cards with the two straight flushes? does anyone know? There was a hand at the wsop main event that was 4 aces vs a straight flush, it's on Youtube. what a way to get knocked out!

A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the link, but that table appears to show the probability of a full house losing to a straight flush?

I did some Googling and tried some calculating. But I didn't find the answer, and I'm not good enough at math to figure this out.
You need to scroll down more.

A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did scroll down all the way, but I think I misread the table.

Now I'm confused as to how you converted the decimal odds to a ratio where "1" is the first term.

I think the formula should be something like this:

1/.25 = 4, which means that a .25 chance is a one in four chance.

The table presents the odds of any straight flush suffering a bad beat as 0.0000012.

1/0.0000012 is 833,333. So shouldn't in be a one in 833,333 chance?

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happend to me once, and because of my lucky charm i was the top straight flush. He raised to all-in and i was like "What's going on, is this real". From my 8year poker experience that happend only once to me. So i guess its 1 in a million :)

Nikka18

Nikka18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmm that's one in a billion. Lol. I got a straight flush once in my lifetime since I started playing poker. And it's very rare that two players in a table gets a straight flush. It's shocking that it actually happen.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did scroll down all the way, but I think I misread the table.

Now I'm confused as to how you converted the decimal odds to a ratio where "1" is the first term.

I think the formula should be something like this:

1/.25 = 4, which means that a .25 chance is a one in four chance.

The table presents the odds of any straight flush suffering a bad beat as 0.0000012.

1/0.0000012 is 833,333. So shouldn't in be a one in 833,333 chance?

Yea I just added some more for good measure. Although OP did not say if both hole cards need to be used. I am guessing they do not. The odds are 1 to 833,333 not 1.1.4m. If they do then odds are probably closer to 1. 1.4 m. Either way the chance of this happen is very rare.

Full Flush Poker Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator