$$$ November SNG Thread $$$

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well what a few days, after being 11 buy-ins down I am back in profit, not much but feels good really attacked the bubble and went for the win and it paid off. Its a shame I dont have the time to get my 20 block finished I am 7 games in with one playing now and at 225 points.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well what a few days, after being 11 buy-ins down I am back in profit, not much but feels good really attacked the bubble and went for the win and it paid off. Its a shame I dont have the time to get my 20 block finished I am 7 games in with one playing now and at 225 points.

How do you check your points - or do you just add them up manually?

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you check your points - or do you just add them up manually?

Lobby>requests>sit and go leader points.

You can also use the option underneath to see how this weeks board is going and how last weeks went. Gl for the week everyone hopefully we can get some rungood and one of us gets on the board.

Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lobby>requests>sit and go leader points.

You can also use the option underneath to see how this weeks board is going and how last weeks went. Gl for the week everyone hopefully we can get some rungood and one of us gets on the board.

If they considered 45p sng's - sng's than I might've cracked it.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they considered 45p sng's - sng's than I might've cracked it.

Alas they dont but maybe you should try 27 mans for a week if you can get on the board is double money so its got to be worth a shot!

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm really running badly at the moment had my AA crack by 99

Had my Set of kings Cracked by 75 suited!

Just really getting on my nerves!! Play a really good game at the moment as well... Learnt a few things in the sense of what not to do!

Last edited:
M

MaxiRodriguez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi peeps, Been playing the 18 mans recently on FTP after experimenting with all kinds of different games. Had been playing PLO8/NLO8 cash for last 2 weeks for some reason. Anyway switched back to what I had the most sucess with and boom! back on form lol.

8 Games
1st - 2
2nd - 2
No Cash - 4

Im running a bit hot, Big hands seem to be coming my way often but im back in the flow of these now. When I first came back to them I didnt cash because my game was a bit off, few donk calls, stupid bluffs. Im gonna try play the $2 buy ins now as I think $66 is roughly enough, and if things dont go so well I have no probs in dropping back down.

Best of Luck to the rest of ya

N

nicoiko

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been running such bad on 6 max and 9 max 5.5 SNG's on Full Tilt that I've decided to give them a break focusing only on MTT in FT in which I run relatively good (see the MTT November thread)
Instead I'll give a try at pokerstars Battle of Planets for the next two weeks.
Have a few bucks there so will try playing on the micro 27 players ones (1.10).
Have done 2 until now with no ITM but already one bubble :(

It's a long time since I haven't play such low buy-ins and even if I was used to see some donk plays on 5.5 and 11$ buy-in, I was amazed to see a player raising me and calling my AA shove with 93o :rolleyes:
The less funny is that he ended by making a full house :eek:

Well keeping my head on top of my shoulders and that should be a profitable spot ;)

Dr.Mik

Dr.Mik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This interesting thread motivated me to specify more exactly the elements of which my BR consists ,
and hence define my November/December goal for the SnG-subtotal of it.

1) The part of my BR that has been reserved for SnGs is at $ 421 today.
It should at any time be sufficient for 65 1-Table SnGs,
which means atm I play at a buy in of $ 5.50.

2) I don't like Turbos. So the next step up will be at $ 715,
when I am allowed to play buy ins of $ 11.

3) Experience made me confess to myself that I am very seldom able to multitable successfully.
Furthermore, I suck at NLHE, because if I play it very often and for hours, I feel bored as hell.
So you will mostly find me in other games, like PLO, PLO8 or Stud games, and sometimes in FLHE SnGs.

4) All of this put together means my goal for November and December
is making $ 294 by playing $ 5.50 SnGs. As this would mean a profit of $ 294,
I will maybe have to realuvate this goal and give me more time.
However, you have to aim at something, don't you?

It might be a good idea to use a Google spreadsheet. I never have done this so far,
but if I succed in setting it up, I will post the link here.

Wish me luck, plz!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck Dr.Mik! And welcome to our thread.

I have been wondering lately what I should be playing. I am playing $5.50's and doing well. But I am rolled to play much higher and I am wondering if I should at least move up to $11's.

I thought it was smart to start low regardless of my bankroll while I learn the game. But I can't do less than $5.50 so I started there.

I guess I will see what my coach advises and take it from there. Maybe I should mix the $5.50's and $11's for a month.

Dr.Mik

Dr.Mik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck Dr.Mik!

... I am playing $5.50's and doing well. But I am rolled to play much higher and I am wondering if I should at least move up to $11's.

... I can't do less than $5.50 so I started there.

I guess I will see what my coach advises and take it from there. Maybe I should mix the $5.50's and $11's for a month.

:) Thx for your wishes, dakota!

Why not make sure you always have enuf $$ for a certain amount of buy ins at the level where you do good,
and use the remaining $$ of your SnG BR to gather experience at the next higher level?
I may sound like a BR nit, but that is exactly what I am :D

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's helped a lot just won $22 in on of them $1.25 turbo Double Deuce satellites!

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hoping to get my uni work done this evening so I can go for 100 sngs tonight lol

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100? lol

And here I don't work or go to school and I struggle to play a few every day. :p

Well 100 will be a fair few more than I've ever done before, but I think I can get about 22/24 .10/360s going at once, plus I'll chuck in the .25/90s and 45s, I doubt I'll make 100 but I can give it a try lol

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:) Thx for your wishes, dakota!

Why not make sure you always have enuf $$ for a certain amount of buy ins at the level where you do good,
and use the remaining $$ of your SnG BR to gather experience at the next higher level?
I may sound like a BR nit, but that is exactly what I am :D

Better than going busto Mik gl and welcome to the thread!

And good luck Lacey, let us know how you do!!

Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alas they dont but maybe you should try 27 mans for a week if you can get on the board is double money so its got to be worth a shot!

Yeah I'm considering it. I'm on such a sick heater right now, I just don't want to mess with anything.

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol this 100 sngs really isn't gonna happen. My internet's being kinda dodgy. I fired up a pretty substantial set but the lag was pretty bad and I timed out a fair few times. It's still not great now tbh. Pretty frustrated atm. Think it's gonna be more in the 30-40 range unfortunately :( Whatever. Will go for it when I get back to uni and I have a more reliable connection lol. Just gonna have to run like Darvin and take down the 250k

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I'm considering it. I'm on such a sick heater right now, I just don't want to mess with anything.

In that case, don't, if your happy with the way things are going stick with it otherwise its a mistake playing to try and win this promotion which is going to take something great to win. As it stands now in the micro division that I play at top score is 625 which is pretty damn good my highest was over 500+ (cannot remember off hand) and I ran good in the 18 man games and that was only good enough for 4th. Playing you best game should come first and if it gets you a bonus then thats great.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty much ground back to even after the hideous start to November. 39 games for the month and I'm -$1.95 :eek:

Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In that case, don't, if your happy with the way things are going stick with it otherwise its a mistake playing to try and win this promotion which is going to take something great to win. As it stands now in the micro division that I play at top score is 625 which is pretty damn good my highest was over 500+ (cannot remember off hand) and I ran good in the 18 man games and that was only good enough for 4th. Playing you best game should come first and if it gets you a bonus then thats great.

yeah, thats exactly the mentality I have now.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol this 100 sngs really isn't gonna happen. My internet's being kinda dodgy. I fired up a pretty substantial set but the lag was pretty bad and I timed out a fair few times. It's still not great now tbh. Pretty frustrated atm. Think it's gonna be more in the 30-40 range unfortunately :( Whatever. Will go for it when I get back to uni and I have a more reliable connection lol. Just gonna have to run like Darvin and take down the 250k

How many did you get in?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Woo - another 15 games this afternoon and now I'm back +$11.10 for the month.

Got some confidence back after working back out of the hole in the $1 games and the final few games of this set I went back to three-tabling $2 STTs. Thinking maybe I jumped to four tables before I was ready, definitely feel like I'm making better reads when there's only three running.

Posted a hand from one of the $2 games in the HA section if anyone wants to take a look, one of those pesky bubble decisions...

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-hand-analysis-51/2-nl-he-stt-99-shove-164392/

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Treding water

Moving sideways this week - most of it simply sucked.

Funnily I do best at my last game of the evening mostly - maybe I focus harder on not going to bed with a net loss... :confused:.

This game we got a deal - my eyes were halfway shut - Didn't feel like I had an edge over villain HU being so tired

- he was quite a decent opponent (19% Vpip, sat with him at four FTs this month already).

Attachments

• FT results.jpg
    FT results.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 18
P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
God knows what possesed me but I played a 5 dollar sng today and got runner-runnered then out draw. Pretty stupid idea by me since thats like 5% of my br gone.