$$$ November SNG Thread $$$

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless we hijack you and make you stay with us in sng's. :p

Hahaha I doubt it. I mean I don't hate them tbh, and they're really kinda addictive lol. I much prefer cash though, it's just so much more interesting. I don't wanna have the rest of my 'poker career' to be reading shove bot charts for when I have 10bbs on the button with nits in the blinds lol. And I realllyyyyy don't wanna just be grinding out 30 tables for some tiny ROI just to show a decent profit. Plus the potential downswings in sngs are just far too sick for my liking

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The one I am currently on :(

16 BI currently.......This is why I have a 100 BI bankroll.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm shipping it here. there are too many draws and over pairs that could be raising here not too. the villian may also be taking a stab at the pot but there's enough in the pot to take it down.

Yep - and even if you're looking at a straight you could resuck for a boat.

but no thread for MTT's

Will be soon or make one...

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep - and even if you're looking at a straight you could resuck for a boat.

Will be soon or make one...

I ended up folding in that spot. I didn't think he would be making that raise with anything that doesn't beat me. I don't think he shows up with a bluff in that spot enough to make a ship profitable.

Plus, it was early in the tournament and I still had plenty of chips to work with.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive just been 3 handed in a SNG for 30 minutes and managed to finish 3rd... there was a couple of interesting hands in there though.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $150(BB) Replayer
SB ($4,050)
Hero ($4,975)
BTN ($4,475)

Dealt to Hero 79

fold, SB calls $75, check,

FLOP ($300) A93

check, Hero bets $300, SB calls $300,

TURN ($900) A938

RIVER ($1,500) A938J

SB bets $3,300 (AI), Hero??

What can you put him on here? All I could think of is maybe 9,J. He was pretty aggressive, so would have raised all aces preflop. I know my turn bet was a bit weak but I just didnt want to make it a big pot with only 2nd pair.

About two hands later he made exactly the same play to the other guy so maybe it is a way of getting more chips out of your opponents later in a tourney? Although it does seem risky, most people would call him if they had an ace...

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering about the graph in holdem manager. When you are above the luck adjusted winnings, does that mean you are not playing well, just getting lucky or is it the other way around? Heres mine for November so far, the lines go in opposite directions...

[broken image~tb]

Last edited by a moderator:
cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i see a super sat to the double deuce. it costs $1.80 +$0.20. it pays top 3 with a $5.50 entry into the double deuce. this seems to be an awesome deal for those of you on a small BR. instead of the 17% rake in the $1.00 + $0.20s(or 11% in the $2.25s) it only has a 10% rake(which is close to the $5.50s rake level). and the prize pool seems to be over 100% somehow. $1.80 x 9 = $16.20 and the prize pool is listed as $16.50. i'm wondering if you unregesister for the double deuce if the give you the full $5.50 as T$. All of those on the $1.20 or $2.25 level should be playing these as the rake is a way better deal. And in my experience satellites usually soft.

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right played another one of them 90 seater jobs and cashed!

Got another one going where I'm currently 2nd if anybody what to watch and learn please feel free!!

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i see a super sat to the double deuce. it costs $1.80 +$0.20. it pays top 3 with a $5.50 entry into the double deuce. this seems to be an awesome deal for those of you on a small BR. instead of the 17% rake in the $1.00 + $0.20s(or 11% in the $2.25s) it only has a 10% rake(which is close to the $5.50s rake level). and the prize pool seems to be over 100% somehow. $1.80 x 9 = $16.20 and the prize pool is listed as $16.50. i'm wondering if you unregesister for the double deuce if the give you the full $5.50 as T$. All of those on the $1.20 or $2.25 level should be playing these as the rake is a way better deal. And in my experience satellites usually soft.
Wow, u r right, they actually add 30c to the price pool.
Yes, if you unregister from the $5.50 tourney, you get the full T$5.50 credited to your account.

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive just been 3 handed in a SNG for 30 minutes and managed to finish 3rd... there was a couple of interesting hands in there though.

SB ($4,050)
Hero ($4,975)
BTN ($4,475)

Dealt to Hero 79

FLOP ($300) A93

TURN ($900) A938

RIVER ($1,500) A938J

What can you put him on here? All I could think of is maybe 9,J. He was pretty aggressive, so would have raised all aces preflop. I know my turn bet was a bit weak but I just didnt want to make it a big pot with only 2nd pair.

About two hands later he made exactly the same play to the other guy so maybe it is a way of getting more chips out of your opponents later in a tourney? Although it does seem risky, most people would call him if they had an ace...

10 J is definitely a possibility, it explains his check/calls then the bet.

Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I played in the 11:00 pm $2.20 MTT last night, and played till 6:30 am. :eek:

I'm Last Polka btw.

Best finish I've ever had!!

Attachments

• Nov. MTT cropped.jpg
    Nov. MTT cropped.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 25
Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I played in the 11:00 pm $2.20 MTT last night, and played till 6:30 am. :eek:

I'm Last Polka btw.

Best finish I've ever had!!

Wow WTG - I probably would have missed it - zzzzzz

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, how is it every time I get it in with say QQ vs A7 I lose. Now, I would be perfectly fine with them spiking an Ace, but nooooooooooo flop comes 4-8-k Turn 5......River.....6.

This has happened so many times today, Get it in and have them dominated, then get beat by their low card.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
End of another crappy poker day and 1 outered been horrible today and month so far.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had my 2nd coaching session tonight and it went really well. He helped me a lot with some leaks in my game - particularly with my hu game. I have another session scheduled for next week.

Can't wait to play some more!

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
October Goals

50 SNG games Fail
No 0-15 run this month!! Success
Post more hands So So

Make a video. Fail

October Results:
Missed the end of the month due to a business trip which wiped out 2 weekends of games otherwise I probably would have hit my 50 game target.

Played 29 SNG games w/ 31.03% ITM & 14.84% ROI

Overall bankroll $-151.74 mainly due to sports betting on bodog :(

November Goals:
Play 50 SNG games
Run good in the CCCoHE :)
Play solid in the SNG Challenge :D
Keep using SNGWIZ & SNGEGT
Post 4-6 hands

Make a video (will be trying super hard on this as I have all of Thanksgiving week off).

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This sucks

Attachments

• DisplayGraph2.jpg
    DisplayGraph2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 25
J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At some point I'm gonna stop running like dog crap.....I hope.

AA no good against QT. They are hitting every runner runner straight, runner runner flush, everything.

Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Moved up in stakes tonight from 1.10 45 player to 3.25 45 player. Ran unbelievably horrible. Got AA's in PF 6 times and lost all six. Lost all-in PF with KK's once, and capped the whole session off with my A7 losing to A2 to bubble from my last SNG. Only down 2 buy-ins fortunately.

I was really surprised at the similarity in play between the 1.10's and the 3.25's. No real obvious jump in skill level.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

SB ($4,050)
Hero ($4,975)
BTN ($4,475)

Dealt to Hero 79

FLOP ($300) A93

TURN ($900) A938

RIVER ($1,500) A938J

i think a bet of 2/3 the pot on the flop is ok. IMO 200 is just as good as 300 only it saves you 100 when you got to fold. but either way if my flop bet is clled i'm done with the hand unless i improve. that bet of 300 on the turn just reads weakness to me. i'll(please don't exploit me) pretty much raise that bet to 900-950 every time. unless ofcoarse i have a hand. on the river i dont think you can ever call here.

Smotpoker

Smotpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ran a $6 Deepstack Turbo KO 90 man on full tilt last night. Was 2nd in chips with 18 remaining, should have just went super tight, instead I lost a pretty big allin to a late flush draw or something silly and end up short stacked. Was push/fold at that point and went out 11th. Two from the money.

I still managed 6 KO's so I got most of my buyin back, but still depressing to be in it that long and miss the money, especially when I could've folded to the money.

I was playing outside my BR though, I don't know why I even started a $6. $3 is pushing it for me.