$$$ November SNG Thread $$$

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You might want to consider moving to the turbos. Yes the competition is a little tougher, but the time investment makes up for it.

You need to have an ROI of almost 2x in the regs to make up for the increased volume you can put in at the turbos.

And the small break on the rake certainly helps too.

I have tried them twice and both times the results were not good at all. Since I am really not too concerned with volume I am going to stick to the regular speed games for now. :)

(Nice to see you back again!)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are any of you successfully beating 90 man sng's?

gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have tried them twice and both times the results were not good at all. Since I am really not too concerned with volume I am going to stick to the regular speed games for now. :)

that's fair and as a result I'll refrain from commenting on the small sample size :p

and thanks. the last 2 weeks has felt like a year.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

90 mans seem to be getting easier and easier...id recommend giving them a shot...personally i play the $1.10 90 mans on fulltilt...ive taken down 2 so far ..ive only been playing these for maybe a week

Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got home late tonight and was going to play one sesh for I went to bed. And here are two hands, each at the very beginning of my first two SNGs:

A diamonds K clubs
standard raise in mid position pf, and one caller UTG
FLOP: K, Q, 6 all diamonds.
we get it all in and he has a set of sixes... they hold.. donezo

2nd hand:
A,Ko
raise pf one caller.
flop A,K,Q
we get it all in and he has a set of queens... they hold. donezo again.

Guess I should've just went to bed.

gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here are 2 games HH I'd like to offer up for review.

Cliff notes: C-bet less, get more aggressive near the bubble, get more aggressive HU.

Since you play reg speed games, you might want to consider playing some non-turbo HU games to help with your deep stack HU game.

Attachments

• Jillychemung review.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 3
DoubleAA80

DoubleAA80

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goal is to slowly build the BR, usually on some soft cash games on bodog, and play some decent tourneys on FT. MTT and SnG. What do you think about the 3.30 knockout tourney at FT?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips

90 mans seem to be getting easier and easier...id recommend giving them a shot...personally i play the $1.10 90 mans on fulltilt...ive taken down 2 so far ..ive only been playing these for maybe a week

Not asking because I want to play them - I have a friend who is looking for some help with them. :)

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not asking because I want to play them - I have a friend who is looking for some help with them. :)
The 90s are easy, well on tilt. All you need to do is stay tight, bet the crap out high PP, if it's checked to you i would bet out, about 1/2 the pot, if the pot is small i would bet the whole pot.
C-bets will get most to fold in the 90s on tilt.
steal when you can.
raise 4X the BB + 1BB per limper.

I hope that helps some, keep notes on the players, the deeper he or she gets you will start to see some of the same players, notes will help.
I saw 6 players at the FT, notes helped get 2nd place..

B

bigboi26

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

2 tables is enough to make your decision? imo turbos are so much more profitable because people dont know how to play them plus they are over in 40 mins. fold everything, i mean everything unless its very strong, and you will get to top 5 with about blinds being about 150. then you just steal and play shove/fold.

it is boring if you play one table at a time but with turbos you can manage tons of tables with ease.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that's fair and as a result I'll refrain from commenting on the small sample size :p

and thanks. the last 2 weeks has felt like a year.

2 tables is enough to make your decision? imo turbos are so much more profitable because people dont know how to play them plus they are over in 40 mins. fold everything, i mean everything unless its very strong, and you will get to top 5 with about blinds being about 150. then you just steal and play shove/fold.

it is boring if you play one table at a time but with turbos you can manage tons of tables with ease.

You guys are so funny lol. When I said twice - I meant I played them for a period of 7-10 days - mixing them in with some regular speed games - 2 different times. Not that I played on 2 turbo tables lol.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 90s are easy, well on tilt. All you need to do is stay tight, bet the crap out high PP, if it's checked to you i would bet out, about 1/2 the pot, if the pot is small i would bet the whole pot.
C-bets will get most to fold in the 90s on tilt.
steal when you can.
raise 4X the BB + 1BB per limper.

I hope that helps some, keep notes on the players, the deeper he or she gets you will start to see some of the same players, notes will help.
I saw 6 players at the FT, notes helped get 2nd place..
This is a pretty ridiculous thought process. Saying one should play X way is pretty stupid. Stop thinking inside the box.

Which kind of 90 man sngs are you looking to play? I won't go as far to say they are "easy" but the play is generally soft but a lot of it depends on the payout structure or how much starting chips and blind level. They tend to play like a regular MTT. A decent amount of play in the begining of the tourney with shove botting in the middle and end

DoubleAA80

DoubleAA80

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also want to start sattying into some bigger tournaments and make a name for myself.lol

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

actually turbos are slightly less profitable, but your able to play more volume per day.. but slightly less ROI

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
actually turbos are slightly less profitable, but your able to play more volume per day.. but slightly less ROI

$/hr, not ROI, is the relevant stat.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a pretty ridiculous thought process. Saying one should play X way is pretty stupid. Stop thinking inside the box.

Which kind of 90 man sngs are you looking to play? I won't go as far to say they are "easy" but the play is generally soft but a lot of it depends on the payout structure or how much starting chips and blind level. They tend to play like a regular MTT. A decent amount of play in the begining of the tourney with shove botting in the middle and end
Tilts 90 SNGs are easy, your starting stack is 3,000.
Tight play is the way to start off, trying to play crap at the wrong time will kill you in the games.
I've tried to play LAG, it does not work, everyone that i saw play this way does not last long, when you dealing with players that won't fold to a C-bet, of a pot size and they don't fold you lose chips.

For me, it's the best way.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cliff notes: C-bet less, get more aggressive near the bubble, get more aggressive HU.

Since you play reg speed games, you might want to consider playing some non-turbo HU games to help with your deep stack HU game.

Thanks much appreciated.

Smotpoker

Smotpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well here is the combined hand history in XML format for the Nov SNG Challenge (minus Sindri, never got a HH).

You can download the universal replayer for free from here:
http://www.universal-replayer.net/home

And open the XML file once you have the replayer going to play back through all the hands. The first several hands are split tables so its a bit odd looking, but once the tables combine its much easier to follow.

I was going to make a video, but to be honest I can't provide any insight for you guys, I'm probably the newbiest one out of everyone who played.

Attachments

• CC_Nov_SNG_CHALLENGE_FINAL.zip
    25.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK - November's over for me, results time:

Games played: 140 (73 $1 turbos, 13 $2 turbos and 54 $2 regulars)
Total profit: $49.20

Massive, massive thanks to Jilly, cardplayer and others who took the time to provide comments on my game, it's really helped a lot :)

Graph below:

Attachments

• November 2009 graph-s.jpg
    November 2009 graph-s.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 17
sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing this satellite SNG's (turbo) there seem to be quite easy! Just changing around for a bit... And trying to build my BR up again... alcohol and poker do not mix ;)

Some how i have to keep off the poker when i drink... Costing me too much!

Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand tilted me more than any other hand I have ever played.. No exaggeration, I busted the following hand.

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.25 Tournament, 300/600 Blinds 50 Ante (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button (t1810)
SB (t12080)
BB (t5750)
Hero (UTG) (t8238)
MP (t8210)

Hero's M: 7.16

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7
heart.gif
, 7
diamond.gif

Hero bets t1200, 1 fold, Button raises to t1760 (All-In), SB calls t1460, 1 fold, Hero calls t560

Flop: (t6130) Q
club.gif
, 10
club.gif
, 9
club.gif
(3 players, 1 all-in)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t6130) 5
diamond.gif
(3 players, 1 all-in)
SB bets t600, Hero folds

River: (t6130) K
spade.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t6130

Results:
Button had A
heart.gif
, 5
spade.gif
(one pair, fives).
SB had 4
diamond.gif
, 3
diamond.gif
(high card, King).
Outcome: Button won t6130

I am ashamed at the way I played the hand. Looking back at the hand I obviously should have shoved PF. The big stack would not have called a shove, and I would have won the race with the short stack.

But WTF?! Can anyone tell me what the villain gains by min betting here??? Beating me with a bluff does absolutely nothing. Terrible board for my sevens, and a min bet to me just meant a flush or a big hand. If we check all the way down than I take out the small stack and we are on step closer to the FT. WTFFFFF

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure I even like the initial min raise tbh. Just shove with M of 7 there I think