New start and recommendations

D

domnuasu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

After a long break of playing poker , i just started again.
Played a freeroll, then cash. I'll attach some photos.
Any advices ?

Attachments

• 2021-12-15.jpg
    2021-12-15.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 2021-12-15 (1).jpg
    2021-12-15 (1).jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 50
Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, the main thing for a beginner is to be patient. Do not play with junk, wait patiently for good cards and good situations, always take into account your position at the table. Also, do not spend your own money on the game, and try to build a bankroll by playing in freerolls. Good luck.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are satisfied playing freerolls, then cool. After playing awhile and coming back, I'd deposit and move on. Unless they are private or forum tournaments, freerolls can be a waste of time.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Patience is always an important role in poker and paying attention to the hands you are playing as well as the place where you are sitting. What to advise what you should do I think I'm a little overwhelmed because you should decide for yourself what you enjoy playing poker the most. If you want to build up a bankrol through freerols then you have to choose the right freerols because not every freerol is the same as the other freerol. There are people who have built a bankrol only with freerrols, but I believe that this is more of an exception than that you can take it as a rule. But in order to start again with poker I think it is a good thing to give it a try. Personally, however, I would probably make a small deposit and then give it a try. But everyone as he likes and what is important is that you are comfortable with what you do

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
What Youre playing ?

cash games ? mtt ? sit and go ? spin and go ?

When playing mtt or spins and sits YOu need have at least 1000 buy ins for each game.

If YOure playing cash game You need have at least a 3 times each for 100 bb and need to have a 100 those three life;s 100bb buy ins.

this is first one, second, watch plyers on twitch, watch videos, learn and talk with bette thany You Bro.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The same thing happened to you. I stopped playing a few tables of poker and now I came back much better and with better results in my wallet. I recommend playing low entry tournaments and some free ones. To start small. Greetings and luck.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello,

After a long break of playing poker , i just started again.
Played a freeroll, then cash. I'll attach some photos.
Any advices ?

Perhaps your best decision as a beginner is to become a member of our community. Welcome. We are always happy to welcome new players. If you are active enough, you will be able to become a member of our freeroll club and get access to our daily and weekly freerolls, playing in which you can easily build a bankroll. Here are the basic requirements:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cardschat-freerolls-31/platinum-level-freeroll-club-sign-up-452868/

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think beginners should play tight and try to stimulate experience first. Don't try to call a big bet with a marginal hand and focus on value betting more than bluffing.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Try to make a plan long term and not look at just 1-2 sessions and make a decision about your comeback to playing poker, I've seen many friends taking breaks after a tough period just to play a few hands- blame everything on 'bad luck/ rigged software' and rage quit again...

Also, there's a really good free course here on cardschat that will help you improve your game, so make sure to check it out and good luck at the tables :)

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After playing the session, analyze your game to identify mistakes, see what could have been done differently, watch the actions of your opponents, adhere to bankroll management.

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey there, welcome back. I would recommend practicing good bankroll management. Play as many freerolls as you can to build it up and it will also give you more time to practice. Cardschat has some freerolls available to all members and if you post enough you can join even more great games.

Be patient, pick your spots and use position when you can. Don't let bad beats or losing hands affect your gameplay. Try to make the best decisions that you can and if you feel like you are on tilt then take a short break. Stay hydrated and don't forget to stretch!

Good luck to you!

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have played for money right away, because it's a completely different experience

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
after a long time of not playing poker, and you want to start again, the first thing you have to do is to study a lot and create your profitable strategies to start playing, and after each session review your hands and correct them, that way you will learn a lot, good luck in your game.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a little bit of luck. Spend at least a little time sorting out the hands after a game session.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
1. Do not play with junk.
2. Be patient.
3. Follow the bankroll management.
And you will have a real chance for good results.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
play with your money, money you can afford to lose so as not to influence you in any way :)

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. First, good luck. It can be lotsa fun.

keep in mind you are playing against the other players AND software algorithms that can eliminate a player in a heart beat.

It's a tougher game online. Watch out for aggressive players with larger banks, two players raising before you, playing out of position, and playing against one who bets consistently on a junk flop.

Play freerolls online for money to spend online and take your own money to the real tables.

That's all.

Cheers!

Dan'O

D

domnuasu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Here my results after 4500 hands at Hold'em NL €0.01/€0.02

:confused::confused:

Attachments

• Results.jpg
    Results.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 11
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to make a plan long term and not look at just 1-2 sessions and make a decision about your comeback to playing poker, I've seen many friends taking breaks after a tough period just to play a few hands- blame everything on 'bad luck/ rigged software' and rage quit again...

Also, there's a really good free course here on cardschat that will help you improve your game, so make sure to check it out and good luck at the tables :)

These are the two key point in my opinion. Understand, that if you want to get serious about poker, its a long term project, and "long term" is not just 4.500 hands. Over such a small sample everything depends on good/bad luck AKA variance. Serious online players multitable, so that they can reach "the long term" much faster.

misterwilliams

misterwilliams

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Know Position

Position, Position, Position! The position will help decide if you should raise, call, or fold. Your post can leave you stumbling blindly through a hand or make you surprisingly educated about what’s happening around the table. The easiest way to think of a poker table is by position relative to the dealer button and then group those seats into sets. See: Image 1

Early position Seats in the early position are the ones that are first, second, third, and fourth from the dealer button. The problem with these seats is that you have no idea what cards the people behind you have, and worse, many people are behind you. When you’re forced to act in an early position, you’ll continually be working early for every betting round. For this reason alone, you should act only when you have premium cards (and fold everything else). Jack-Queen might look like a sweetheart here, but over the long run, it’ll rip you to pieces when you play it from an early position.

Middle position The fifth, sixth, and seventh seats are known as the middle position, and here things start to get interesting. Because you’re sitting farther back in the order, you can run a little wilder. Play cards that are a bit worse — then when you do manage to hit a hand, the people in front of you may try to bet, and you can return with some neighborly favor like a raise.

Late position The eighth, ninth, and (if there is one) tenth seats (lots of online tables have only nine seats) are late positions. These are the rumble seats on the poker jalopy and are way fun. Because you’ve already seen all the action in front of you, you can make decisions like making calls purely on pot odds, raising with not-so-great hands when no one else has played, or folding marginal hands when it’s clear there’s going to be bloodshed in front of you. Even if those bratty little people sitting in the blinds decide to raise you pre-flop (because they act after you), you’ll be all over them like ugly on an ape after the flop because you get to work last repeatedly. In a poker game, money tends to flow around the table clockwise. The reason for this is due almost exclusively to the concept of position, and especially late position. The last people to act bring in the most because people either fold to the late-position bets or call the late-position raises and lose.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 8