MATelford

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im saying that you should not adjust your game at all. It should be the same. Im saying that by changing your play at low stakes wont affect the winner of the hand. By getting aggressive or going tight just because you think a player is playing a certain way should already be a part of your game.

People come on here and say I wanna be this or I wanna be that. You should already be that. Your game should consist of the fact that if they are running over you fight back or if they are too tight bet more. im saying the basis and structure should always be the same.

Parting is such sweet sorrow. Until tomorrow, my teacher.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't quite know how to respond to this.
I think for now I'll just watch the massacre ensue.

And I lolled at WV's piccy :)

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im saying that you should not adjust your game at all. It should be the same. Im saying that by changing your play at low stakes wont affect the winner of the hand. By getting aggressive or going tight just because you think a player is playing a certain way should already be a part of your game.

People come on here and say I wanna be this or I wanna be that. You should already be that. Your game should consist of the fact that if they are running over you fight back or if they are too tight bet more. im saying the basis and structure should always be the same.

Ok, I am going to try to seriously address this post becuase I think you missed the point of the Micro Stakes thread and got pissed off and flamed a little and it is going to keep happening.

No one is saying in that other thread that you don't always take into account your opponents, you do. What they are saying is that often especially at the micro limits players are so bad than you don't ever need to change your play to exploit them. Some are good enough and need to be identified. The point is trying to identify those villians and those spots. That is why you will see us post questions about 3bet% or vpip, or steal%. You don't need to be a very good player to beat 5nl, I am living proof of that. We are in that thread working out how to be better.

Also in regard to already being able to switch gears between aggressive and passive and loose or tight we are all learning that. that is again the point. It is a learning thread, not a "I am already the bomb beatng 1Knl for 5.5BB/100 thread".

As usual I could be way off and you might just be a FRW troll looking for 50 posts to get the password but in case your not...fwiw

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does this imply you don't adjust at all based on the opponent? How about this example, you have JJ on the cutoff (cutoff = 1 to the right of the button), you raise to 3x and the BB raises to 11x. What do you do? Using this old school method what do we look at to determine what our next course of action is? Or would you open limp JJ in the cutoff?

You said you would indeed "play" JJ here, not sure if that means raise, but could you answer this?

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No need to flame the guy for trying guys.

Keep it poker related if your gotta post in this thread.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have JJ on the cutoff (cutoff = 1 to the right of the button

I lol'd pretty damn hard at this :).

So, has OP answered the important questions yet? ie. WHAT STAKES DO YOU PLAY? LIFETIME GRAPH PLZ?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for listening to me and starting a new thread.

as further thanks, i will be nice and refrain from commenting on how wrong you are.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thread of the year IMO !!
WV get some more piccys haha !!

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Internet terms aside. Only play AA KK QQ JJ ep
AA KK QQ JJ AKs AK AQs AQ AJs AJs 1010 99 88 77 mp
AA KK QQ JJ AKs AK AQs AQ KQs 66 55 44 lp
AKs AK AQs AQ KQs KQ J10s 109s 66 55 4433 22 on button AA KK QQ JJ 1010 99 88 77AKs AK AQs AQ KQs KQ J10s 109s 66 55 44 33 22 K10s QJs A*s on sb
AA KK QQ JJ 1010 99 88 AKs AK AQs AQ KQs KQ J10s 109s 77 66 55 44 33 22 A*s

Dude you know you can put JJ+ and this would say exactly the same as JJ,QQ,KK,AA..... or did you just put it like that so us mortals would understand you better??

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well to be fair to MATelford he has started his own thread rather than post in another thread where his comments were less well recieved.

Lets give him a chance to air what he wants to say...

If we disagree lets only post a couple of questions at a time for him to explain. If we hammer him with 20 questions at once then the quality of the answers given are not going to be that great just because of the volume!!

OK so MATelford. You say you dont use a HUD for online play. Why not? Do you not feel that it gives you an easier method of identifying player types than simply watching the play?

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the risk of addressing the OP's post, I think you absolutely have to take stake and opponent into account when you play.

For example, betting 4x pot on the river with an obvious flush is something that (mind-bogglingly) works at the $0.01/$0.02 NL tables, but I'm guessing it would be a -EV move at the 200NL tables.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't believe nobody here offered to test your theories by playing you HU...

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For example, betting 4x pot on the river with an obvious flush is something that (mind-bogglingly) works at the $0.01/$0.02 NL tables, but I'm guessing it would be a -EV move at the 200NL tables.
Just to nit pick you (and bring some other discussion to this god-forsaken thread), if you have the nuts on the river, you can't really make a -EV move. Folding is zero EV, and even if you make a bet that will only be called 5% of the time by the second nuts, then its still a +EV move.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem is, OP troll'd in the micro thread with his I know best attitude, and can't believe you what your saying. He then says I' starting a new thread to teach the micros how to do it.

Firstly you a new member to the site, why should anyone here believe a word you say. What evidence are you going to provide us with to prove you have valid poker knowledge? What experience do you have online at at what level?

When you can answer some of these questions, then maybe you might get some respect and convince people to engage in some poker discussion.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MAT, please come play 2nl-5nl-10nl-25nl with us sometime.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll make u rich if you sit at 25nl with me.

I got ugly onliney stats and graphs to prove it.

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it just me or is anyone else getting an eerie sense of Erik Ryland?

Matt, I think you should try out a trial version of one of these programs to see what they're all about. HEM TRIAL

After taking a look over everything you might see that it's actually a pretty useful tool. There are definitely people who get too attached to their HUD, and can't make decisions without it. At this point, they're definitely not using the program the way it's intended. The real purpose of a HUD is simply to make more information available to you as a player. Having more information leads to better decisions, which is definitely a good thing. You may be pleasantly surprised if you give it a try.

MATelford

MATelford

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am here to inform the participants of this thread that I will answer all questions put forward tonight.

I am slightly busy just right now and would appreciate if patients was employed during the remainder of the wait.

Thankyou so much,

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just to nit pick you (and bring some other discussion to this god-forsaken thread), if you have the nuts on the river, you can't really make a -EV move. Folding is zero EV, and even if you make a bet that will only be called 5% of the time by the second nuts, then its still a +EV move.

Thanks for pointing that out, because I'd kinda forgotten how EV works. I guess what I meant to say is that a move might be +++EV on the micros, but only +EV on the higher stakes tables.

Oh, and as far as HUDs are concerned, I've got a nagging suspicion that I play better without any information on an opponent. (ie, no VP$IP stats, etc) That's not to say that information is bad, more likely that I'm not using it correctly, and my game occasionally suffers if I put too much stock into the stats.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am here to inform the participants of this thread that I will answer all questions put forward tonight.

I am slightly busy just right now and would appreciate if patients was employed during the remainder of the wait.

Thankyou so much,

OK then, as you only have 7 posts to play with today, here are my questions:

Do you play online?

If yes What poker sites do you?

Do you play cash games/SNG's/MTT's?

Do you play 6max or FR?

What limits do you regularly play?

How many hands do you play/month?

What have been your poker success stories?

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meh. You forgot "HU4ROLLZ?" again, Jagsti... :D

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meh. You forgot "HU4ROLLZ?" again, Jagsti... :D

Even with my recently acquired HU skillz.... I would probably still get pwned :p, anyways HU4ROLLZ is for degens like Switch/Vanq imo :D