List your biggest mistakes

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i beleive that no one is born perfect at something , if u want to be perfect at something , u have to study it , learn it , get more experience , and never stop learning . We can never stop from doing mistakes , mistakes are human , but we have to learn from them and never repeat them . The most mistakes happen when i want to win money fasst in poker , tilt , bluffing a fish , all in when it s the bubble . so in most cases thoses we re the mistakes i used to do when playing , but like i said u have to learn from them and move ; consider mistake as a step , and with every step u re getting better . I wish you good luck for you and to everyone .

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My biggest mistake is when I move up in stakes, I bluff more. I bluff trying to get people off a hand. I go home with less in my pocket because of this.

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You get dealt two cards in tournament full ring. You look 3-9 off suit, out of position. In the muck they go. Did it right you think. Flop comes, 9-3-9 and I go OMG.
Now for me and why I’m putting this out is, it seems to happen so many times. The cards I don’t play just seem to haunt me, really haunt me to the point I’m asking myself what do I play. Pat

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As of now that would be my actions in recent CC celebration freerolls which I wish I could've done differently. In 888 freeroll with about 40% of players left I played too aggressively preflop with pocket 88 - as a result I lost sizable stack in 2 unlucky showdowns whereas mostly likely I could've got ITM (which is a big deal for me) if I didn't do anything. Similarly in intertops freeroll I lost my big stack in a late stage (not ITM yet) because I played my pocket AA without thinking (lost to trips made from deuces).

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One big mistake is tilt, get a bad beat and you play to
aggresive and end up losing all your chips.
And the weirdest thing is it happens again and again... Huhh Never learning

L

LongRover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
list your biggest mistakes

I think tiredness affects the quality of play. Sometimes, it will cost you your money, your chips, your game and your tournament. Of course, I am talking from personal experience. And, I believe it is an experience many other players have, also. My biggest mistakes are playing when tired, and then playing again.

For example:
As I am writing, I am really tired, and I am playing a game of hold'em. I just went in with K4o. Now, who in their right mind does that? Well, I just did. My point was going to be how much I lost, but, wouldn't you know. I just won! Anyhow, I am tired. So, just to prove a point, I followed up with going in on a Q5o. This is something I really would never do, even while writing to prove a point. Well. It was a bad decision, and I threw caution to the wind, and bluffed all in. So, guess who is out of the game?

Not me!!! Fluked again. Everyone folded. Well, that's not going to happen three times in a row, tired or not! So, here I am again with J3o. Tired as ever. Three times lucky? Let's see. Nope. And, there it is. The reason not to play when you are tired... My biggest mistake!!! And, when I am playing tired, I just throw caution to the wind, and play again. My biggest mistakes.

Good luck at the tables.

PS: Just get a good sleep first... otherwise tiredness leads to bad mistakes, and everything else that goes along with them.;)

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patients, I get bored and get aggressive. In addition to that I look in the lobby to see chip counts, then feel pressured to be more aggressive.
Sometimes I think if you let them get to far ahead, you have no chance??Pat

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest mistake was to have started this game on a Friday the 13th on a windy day, with the gate open, being shaken by the wind, with its hinges creaking. and when I finished filling out the site registration form - I went to close the gate and went under a ladder, and as soon as I entered the room to complete the registration, I stumbled and broke a mirror.

Misely31

Misely31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
One of my biggest mistakes is bluffing and where my opponent keeps playing despite a strong bet and in the end the deception goes wrong, it's a very depressing experience.
Another mistake that I made is that I can not leave the AA, KK or QQ and I think I am indestructible and that I won the game and, unfortunately, this is not enough to take me to victory, they are the highest couples that can be had, but they are just that, a couple more.
I keep learning and watching games to avoid making these mistakes.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had a few howlers over the years, and this one happened many years ago. It was the first and only time, I have slow played AA.

The very first hand of a tournament I got dealt AA in the BB.
Everyone folded, except the SB, who just called.
To keep the SB interested, I checked.
The flop was A77.
SB checked and I checked.
I cannot remember the turn card, but we both checked.
Again, I cannot remember the river card, but the SB checked and I put in a modest bet.
The SB put in a substantial raise, so I went all-in, as did the SB.
Talk about the stalker being stalked. The SB had 77.

I could well have been on a hiding to nothing here, but I have never slow played AA since.

You didn't really make a mistake by slowplaying your aces here. If you raise preflop he still calls with 77 (being so deep at the start of the tournament). You flop your book, he flops quads and the rest is history.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest mistakes come from tilt. I think my overall strategy is pretty good, but I manage to always level myself especially in live tournaments. I.e when I get raised I always manage to convince myself that they are bluffing even when they don't have a lot of bluffs in their range or the field generally doesn't bluff in those spots. I play my best when I don't let this get to me.

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I finnaly had hit a freeroll and won 9$ and start to play micro sit and go in my cellphone, and I missclicked a 5,50$ tournament and lost almost everything I had

S

smk77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Accidentally calling an All-in after the flop. I had nothing and was drawing dead. I was playing too many tables at one time

tazzmaster62

tazzmaster62

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my biggest prob is i fold to easyly.
i fold i get a rocking hand
i stay in i get garbage

ReoRekop

ReoRekop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
today it is impossible for my JJ fold, when it is clear that I am losing

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Things I wish I did better:

1. Not calling a big bet when there's a flush or straight draw. Not sure why I think to myself, "Oh, I'm sure he's bluffing."
2. Continuing a bluff when it's clear it doesn't seem to be working.
3. Going all in because I'm feeling lucky.
4. Playing when I'm tired or distracted.

T

tacochip2600

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big blind! It’s absolutely killing me. 35vpip/10 3bet. Losing 172bb/100.

P

pawelmad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Making too fast decisions in big pots, tilt, poor bankroll managment etc...

steveeeee

steveeeee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello guys!
Today I decided to take a break and evaluate everything I really know about poker, after many bad results on and off the tables (bad plays and bad bankroll administration), in fact, I'm just a beginner, a beginner who did not have no instruction, never start something without reading the manual, that's the most sincere tip I can give you. Anyway, I made this post with the intention of exposing my biggest mistake when starting in poker and I would like you to post your biggest mistakes, so maybe we can improve the lives of many here haha.
My biggest mistake in poker was to enter the tables online knowing no more than the strength of each hand (seriously), okay, for a recreational player, maybe you do not need to know much about this sport, but when you want to be a professional , you need to define well what to do, how to do and where to do it. Okay, what I mean is you should know where to start, I've been playing countless types of tournaments, from Sit & Go laps to mega deep hyper turbo tournaments, all at once, without mastering the strategies and plans needed for none of them and that was my biggest mistake. Today I think for a beginner, should focus on a single type of modality, I'm not talking about "Ahh, I'm going to play PLO", but what PLO? 6, 7 or 8 max? How big is the field of this tournament? Anyway, post your biggest initial mistakes here so we can laugh or cry together haha
my biggest mistake is when deep i get bored sometimes i will just let go an fire all in just to get out. but as i only doing it fer fun it really dont ,matter

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lacking aggression at times with my plays for fear of losing chips and impatience when I go for long times without any premium hands.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Oh dear, so many mistakes. Bank roll management. Tilting after a bad beat. Impatience after about 4 hours of play. Folding too many hands, playing too many hands...lol. I have been playing online for years, but just started actually studying outside the game. Have learned alot in a few months. So much free content out there, it is hard to keep up. So little by little, I read something every day.

A

Alijohn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest mistake is playing baby aces big. Especially suited A2s or A5s. I lost this hands regularlywith A on the board.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not to find "Fold" button.
Nor hirring coach.