Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Perhaps my biggest mistake, for all time playing poker, is the lack of proper patience. This mistake cost me dearly.
Good luck.

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest mistake is that I have not found my own strategy yet so I follow other players. I am learning how to play cautiously or how to be aggressive or how to be brave and when I do the same it never works. :)

You need to understand that it will have to be all this, every step, every table requires a different posture, this is what differentiates an amateur from a pro, they know when to change the style.

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm biggest mistakes...

Well I can only tell of my mistakes...

I used to play a lot of hands whether in position or not...tried to raise big thinking others would fold...playing where stakes were too high for my bankroll...all of which cost me money.

I have since really worked on my game and have studied/read a lot about the game...I play smarter now...I can take a loss and not try to immediately get it back like I used to...I have learned position and playing in position is key to winning a lot of times...Managing your bankroll and not playing a big stakes table to "win quick" is important...

I would not say I have perfected my game cause I continually learn and I've been playing 20 years now...keep playing keep learning and enjoy the game...

Good comment, I think the same way.

bablo

bablo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still do not know how to throw the top pair or two pairs when I bet, and the opponent all postponed.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting high at the Million Dollar Sunday on ACR when my nerves literally had me breathing heavy and not able to play. Getting high lost my focus in the tourney and I got busted.

teteuc2

teteuc2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmm biggest mistakes...

Well I can only tell of my mistakes...

I used to play a lot of hands whether in position or not...tried to raise big thinking others would fold...playing where stakes were too high for my bankroll...all of which cost me money.

I have since really worked on my game and have studied/read a lot about the game...I play smarter now...I can take a loss and not try to immediately get it back like I used to...I have learned position and playing in position is key to winning a lot of times...Managing your bankroll and not playing a big stakes table to "win quick" is important...

I would not say I have perfected my game cause I continually learn and I've been playing 20 years now...keep playing keep learning and enjoy the game...

Good comment. Trying to recover what you have lost is one of the worst mistakes in any game involving money. I've already lost a lot of money doing it.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my worst mistake was when I started badly managing my gonds I won a tournament after several hours of effort and then I went to spin and lost in minutes now I only play tournaments and we should always advise ourselves a little more every day to play a better poker be in the field that we try to dominate or a new one
:tomato:

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My biggest mistakes is playing too many hands in tournaments.

Nelly404

Nelly404

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to understand that it will have to be all this, every step, every table requires a different posture, this is what differentiates an amateur from a pro, they know when to change the style.

Thank you so much Keven :) I don't give up and I play in every type of poker to learn more. The worsts are the 990 and freeroll games, there play wild boars only with all-ins in each round and it is terrible but I am getting stronger and stronger each day :)

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably, my biggest mistakes are indecision in the final part of the tournament, as well as playing poker when you do not have time for it.

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a lot of mistakes, I do not even know what is the most serious, Narveno is something that I can not fold when I clearly lost.

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Risking stack at the bubble

when u have a comfortable stack and draw aq or ak at the bubble to make the money, and guy next to ya puts ya all in with a a rag hand and hits. but that's poker, yesterday this happened to me multiple times. was rough lol.:D

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my BIGGEST mistake, is not applying the knowledge that I have. Like fold an all in call just because they look good in the pocket. write down your leaks that you KNOW about and fix that firs.t I made 500 extra this week doing that

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys!
Today I decided to take a break and evaluate everything I really know about poker, after many bad results on and off the tables (bad plays and bad bankroll administration), in fact, I'm just a beginner, a beginner who did not have no instruction, never start something without reading the manual, that's the most sincere tip I can give you. Anyway, I made this post with the intention of exposing my biggest mistake when starting in poker and I would like you to post your biggest mistakes, so maybe we can improve the lives of many here haha.
My biggest mistake in poker was to enter the tables online knowing no more than the strength of each hand (seriously), okay, for a recreational player, maybe you do not need to know much about this sport, but when you want to be a professional , you need to define well what to do, how to do and where to do it. Okay, what I mean is you should know where to start, I've been playing countless types of tournaments, from Sit & Go laps to mega deep hyper turbo tournaments, all at once, without mastering the strategies and plans needed for none of them and that was my biggest mistake. Today I think for a beginner, should focus on a single type of modality, I'm not talking about "Ahh, I'm going to play PLO", but what PLO? 6, 7 or 8 max? How big is the field of this tournament? Anyway, post your biggest initial mistakes here so we can laugh or cry together haha

I used to play 4 tables at a time which led to mistakes and accidenal ones. Since I reduced that to 2 or 3, I have done much better.

H

havealittlefaith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest mistake is probably folding too much post flop. I always get in this robotic mindset that if I don't have a piece of the board or a seriously heavy draw then I want to fold and save my chips. Sometimes I need to just evaluate more what my equity on winning the pot is or if I'm possibly ahead. Secondly would be trying to take the pot away with bluffs. I never run bluffs but they're a huge part of the game because otherwise people would realize that you only play/bet when you have a hand.

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am probably the worst bank roll manager ever.
I should take more poker brake when I'm on a bad beat.

Maybe this is the biggest barrier a player has to face to become a professional, managing a bankroll is as difficult as winning a tournament with a gigantic field.

T

tb87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest mistake was underestimating the level some individuals would gamble by forcing them into all in situations too early. ( I have nothing, but know they also have nothing, applying pressure too early as they chase the possibility to hit something )

clubsta

clubsta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently, not believing they had AA when I had KK :(

Sometimes I go off what I've recently seen (e.g. seeing AA vs KK only 15 minutes ago) and figure that it really wasn't likely to happen again aaaand... boom there goes my stack.

P

pato1717

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never can stop playing when i go on tilt.

But i always remember an Omanía tournament on pokerstars 32$ buy in. I go in 3 place all along, but i lose everything in the bubble

R

Riomaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Starting poker followed by every time I've played on tilt.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of my errors is that I don't give myself enough credit after a win. If I didn't get 1st place I get bummed out and then after that I play very bad in the next game because of it. I got to take a win as a win no matter how small the prize or place is. After all they're not easy to come by.

betty the rake

betty the rake

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mucked nut flush

I was drinking a few beers in a long tourney when a guy at my table goes all in on the river, and I fold my ace high:eek:. Everybody else folds and my friend at the seat next to me digs my cards out of the muck and shows me the nut flush I had tossed. Just because your ace is not paired....pay attention... lesson learned...

mathtree

mathtree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest mistake was in a live cash game with $2/$4 blinds. I'm in the BB with QQ and the one in the cutoff raises to 12. I call and all others fold. Flop is QQ9 and I check.My opponent bets $35 and I ( being a newbie ) reraise to 70 and he folds. That was so stupid of me but it was my first week playing ( 17 years ago ) and I will never forget it or how much I could have made on that hand! WOW.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
One big mistake is tilt, get a bad beat and you play to
aggresive and end up losing all your chips.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Re-buying Once I stopped re-buying my focus improved. I only had my one entry and didn't want to lose. My game improved and I expect to go deep.