The Key to Playing Draws (Day 10 Course Discussion)

C

Chase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting lesson. The hand analyses were very helpful.

I don't like the AJ example before the review questions, it makes little sense to me to toss your money in there when you have a lot more poker to play and you're going on a coin toss or less when you don't need too.
Glad to see I'm not the only one. Judging from everyone's stacks sizes around 1500 chips it would seem this game hasn't been running long and is going to end right away for us.

There were a lot of outs though and I do see Collin's point too. Not too much seems to be black and white in poker.

Last edited:
Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Day 10 finished.

Thank you for this course, I find it very essential to become a pro player.

Quiz answers :

1. We have 12 outs, 9 to hitting flush and 4 for straight ( without counting 7 of club 2 times ).

2. We have 24% to hit our draw ( 12 outs / 50 cards ), if we apply rule of 2 and 4 we find 12 outs × 2 = 24%

3. We should raise at turn cause we have fold equity and possibility to win the pot if our villain calls.

M

mgelkt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, thanks for the course, just got around to finishing it today o/
Still many leaks to fix ^^
If my math isnt off, the draw chart has a mistake in the line of the probability to turn a set into a full house.
I get an additional 3 outs for whatever turn card there is, not completing the full or the quads. In this situation I have 21.7% on the turn ;)
And subsequentially a higher probability combined on turn and river.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This video has taken top spot for me now because you have shown what to do and why in circumstances which require some appropriate navigation. As I was playing another 888 free roll I had the rare occurrence of getting quads pre-flop during the video presentation. I tried to illustrate how I attempted to maximize their value at a tight table. I initially put in a mini-bet which was called pre-flop but no-one was biting afterwards so I put in a small bet after the river to make it look like a steal and won a few chips. Too much and he would have folded, too little and it would not have mattered so I had to price this person out and it worked by placing myself in his position and how he perceived my betting patterns.
I've been through a situation like this. I lost everything because I thought it was a bluff. hahahaha

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To me the 4-2 Rule comes into play first to determine an approx % to hit , but also should we also look at the total cards remaining against our outs. Eg
your hole cards + board at Turn , = 6 cards, so say a flush draw (9*2=18%)
46 remaining cards - 9 for the draw or 46-9 = 35 which is about 4:1 to hit
Interesting. It's a pretty solid line of reasoning.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
That's right, another wonderful class, thanks Collin!! And come on, play draws aggressively!!!

10/30.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to shy away from playing draws. I always want to have the Ace if playing a flush draw, and want to have the nut straight draw. Drawing for the prospect of hitting a second best hand is not very appealing.
The main thing that I took away from this lesson was the thought process and the way that Collin presented it. I realized that I need to be thinking about outs more than I currently do.

jonasz warzecha

jonasz warzecha

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
12 outs
26%
I would bet pot size on the turn of 77
I assume that villain limp on button than check back on the flop.
Check / call on the river

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, thanks for the course day 10.
My answer to the quiz.
1. We have 12 outs: 9 to get draws and 3 (7) to get straight.
2. According to the ebook we have 26.1%.
3. We should c-bet because the villain is limping.

Anamembu

Anamembu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Day 10 complete, When you learn to read these odds, you can make more informed decisions. Thanks for this lesson!

emgesi

emgesi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Sometimes you only lose to understand something important 🙂