***June Micro Grinder Thread 2NL-25NL***

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^
Indeed. People just suck so much ass at 2NL you can play any strategy pre and as long as you have a decent concept of the game, crush them post flop

That's why they call me "the durrrr of 2nl"!

No wait.. that's why *I* call me " the durrrr of 2nl". No one else calls me that.

FMP

F

Falian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, taking my first shot at 5nl, could you please analyze my graph. I know the sample size is very small but I'm assuming that the red line passing the blue is BAD.

Does this mean i'm not extracting enough value on made hands?

dick4.png

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, taking my first shot at 5nl, could you please analyze my graph. I know the sample size is very small but I'm assuming that the red line passing the blue is BAD.

Does this mean i'm not extracting enough value on made hands?

Some folks would covet your rising red line. I imagine you are fairly tight, and tend to be quite aggressive post flop. Some of us never learn this skill.

But make that sample size 20x bigger before getting too proud/ashamed/confused/curious. To the multitablers around here 800 hands is a minor session.

I don't know if I would mess with your game as it might serve you well up the limits... but I bet if you were a little more willing to let the occasional fish come along to the river you might makes a few more BBs. At least down here at 5nl.

Last edited:
cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

as long as the green line is above the black line your doing ok. but again the sample is too small to make any guesses. one hand could still change the whole graph.
--- just looked at it again as a matter of fact it was one hand that put the red line above the blue line.

F

Falian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shitty:

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($10.77)
MP ($23.74)
Hero (Button) ($8.58)
SB ($9.95)
BB ($5.06)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4
diamond.gif
, 4
heart.gif

2 folds, Hero bets $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45) 3
heart.gif
, A
club.gif
, 2
club.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, BB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, 1 fold

Turn: ($0.95) 5
diamond.gif
(2 players)
BB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

River: ($1.95) A
spade.gif
(2 players)
BB bets $1.50, Hero raises to $7.68 (All-In), BB calls $2.66 (All-In)

Total pot: $10.27 | Rake: $0.50

Results:
Hero had 4
diamond.gif
, 4
heart.gif
(straight, five high).
BB had 5
heart.gif
, A
diamond.gif
(full house, Aces over fives).
Outcome: BB won $9.77

Placed him on an Ace, just not a full house.

Sick:
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($8.11)
MP ($7.37)
Button ($9.79)
SB ($9.93)
Hero (BB) ($9.83)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9
spade.gif
, 9
heart.gif

3 folds, SB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.40) 7
diamond.gif
, J
club.gif
, 9
club.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $0.37, Hero raises to $0.74, SB calls $0.37

Turn: ($1.88) 2
diamond.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB raises to $3, Hero raises to $8.89 (All-In), SB calls $5.89

River: ($19.66) 5
diamond.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $19.66 | Rake: $0.95

Results:
SB had J
diamond.gif
, A
club.gif
(one pair, Jacks).
Hero had 9
spade.gif
, 9
heart.gif
(three of a kind, nines).
Outcome: Hero won $18.71

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shitty:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($10.77)
MP ($23.74)
Hero (Button) ($8.58)
SB ($9.95)
BB ($5.06)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4
diamond.gif
, 4
heart.gif

2 folds, Hero bets $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45) 3
heart.gif
, A
club.gif
, 2
club.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, BB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, 1 fold

Turn: ($0.95) 5
diamond.gif
(2 players)
BB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

River: ($1.95) A
spade.gif
(2 players)
BB bets $1.50, Hero raises to $7.68 (All-In), BB calls $2.66 (All-In)

Total pot: $10.27 | Rake: $0.50

Results:
Hero had 4
diamond.gif
, 4
heart.gif
(straight, five high).
BB had 5
heart.gif
, A
diamond.gif
(full house, Aces over fives).
Outcome: BB won $9.77

Placed him on an Ace, just not a full house.

Sick:

UTG ($8.11)
MP ($7.37)
Button ($9.79)
SB ($9.93)
Hero (BB) ($9.83)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9
spade.gif
, 9
heart.gif

3 folds, SB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.40) 7
diamond.gif
, J
club.gif
, 9
club.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $0.37, Hero raises to $0.74, SB calls $0.37

Turn: ($1.88) 2
diamond.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB raises to $3, Hero raises to $8.89 (All-In), SB calls $5.89

River: ($19.66) 5
diamond.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $19.66 | Rake: $0.95

Results:
SB had J
diamond.gif
, A
club.gif
(one pair, Jacks).
Hero had 9
spade.gif
, 9
heart.gif
(three of a kind, nines).
Outcome: Hero won $18.71

i would of figured him for an ace for sure in the first one. then i may or may not of peeled one off. but for sure i'm trying to get more money in on the turn. at that point i'm looking to stack and only got 2 streets to do it in. so i most likely raise the turn bet. in the 2nd its just sweet when it works that way for sure it looked like it was a steal in his eyes. the shove on his check/raise may of hinted big hand. but i see people stack off with less here.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting month for me, wrapped it up in a tidy blog post for those interested.

-End shamless blog plug/plea/etc. :)

Edit: just looked at those hands Falian, couple of things.

Hand 1: I'm fine with everything up to the turn. When I was looking at this hand, I was definitely under the assumption you were going to beluga the turn, and I think its the best play. Make it like $1.45 to go(pot) on the turn I think. He's not putting you on a 4, and I think once he hits that 5 he is just so giddy he would snapcall and all-in thinking "2 PAIRRS AI WOO" A raise there also looks like a A protecting with J+ kicker.

Unless you had a specific read that he would continuously throw huge amounts of $ your way on all streets, you just kinda c/c yourself into losing :(

Hand 2: Ballin' ! :D I still find flopping a set as one of the most gratifying things to see, esp when you get paaid

Last edited:
kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guyz if I move up to a new level with only 17.6 buy-ins, is that against the law? Please say no. :eek:

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are no BRM laws, just guidelines. Run good early and you'll have no worries. :)

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guyz if I move up to a new level with only 17.6 buy-ins, is that against the law? Please say no. :eek:

I was mixing in 50nl and 25nl FR since the start of June/end of May pretty hugely underrolled after my last shot and it turned out ok.

I made sure to cut down on tables though, to reduce the variance.
Just play like 4 or 6 or however less you need to really focus on making the right decisions and not auto pilot through it (probably only if you're playing FR).

And if it really goes wrong don't hesitate to move down again :)

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I moved up at like 13 buyins and now I have 17 and I'm winning at like 20bb/100. Sustainable, surely! Hope for my first $1k month soon. ihopeihopeihopeihopeihope

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I moved up at like 13 buyins and now I have 17 and I'm winning at like 20bb/100. Sustainable, surely! Hope for my first $1k month soon. ihopeihopeihopeihopeihope

25NL 6-Max for now
Does this mean you're up 4 buy-ins at 25NL? Which for a 20BB/100 winrate equals 1000 hands? And you're hoping to have a 40 buy-in month soon?

Either your goals are a little lofty, or something does not compute.

F

Falian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting month for me, wrapped it up in a tidy blog post for those interested.

-End shamless blog plug/plea/etc. :)

Edit: just looked at those hands Falian, couple of things.

Hand 1: I'm fine with everything up to the turn. When I was looking at this hand, I was definitely under the assumption you were going to beluga the turn, and I think its the best play. Make it like $1.45 to go(pot) on the turn I think. He's not putting you on a 4, and I think once he hits that 5 he is just so giddy he would snapcall and all-in thinking "2 PAIRRS AI WOO" A raise there also looks like a A protecting with J+ kicker.

Unless you had a specific read that he would continuously throw huge amounts of $ your way on all streets, you just kinda c/c yourself into losing :(

Hand 2: Ballin' ! :D I still find flopping a set as one of the most gratifying things to see, esp when you get paaid

On the first hand I was placing the player on A-x, since he called my preflop raise and based on the line he took. I felt that a raise on the turn could have knocked him off the hand. He had been continually betting into me so I felt that calling the turn and putting in a small raise on the river was the best way to extract maximum value. If he had A-6+ this play would have resulted in me stacking him.

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does this mean you're up 4 buy-ins at 25NL? Which for a 20BB/100 winrate equals 1000 hands? And you're hoping to have a 40 buy-in month soon?

Either your goals are a little lofty, or something does not compute.

20bb/100, not 20BB/100. So not winning quite as good as you mentioned. Also I was completely joking with the $1k a month thing, at least while I'm playing 25nl. I was just being dumb.

Oh and I lost two buy-ins last session. Yay!

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the first hand I was placing the player on A-x, since he called my preflop raise and based on the line he took. I felt that a raise on the turn could have knocked him off the hand. He had been continually betting into me so I felt that calling the turn and putting in a small raise on the river was the best way to extract maximum value. If he had A-6+ this play would have resulted in me stacking him.

i definately think an AX is a good part of a range of hands given the action. IMO its better to put someone on a full range of hands rather that on hand. if you are correct with the read a raise on the river would just get more in the pot making their river bet even more. i'm not saying to raise enough to blow him off the hand but maybe enough to took like your buying it. and maybe he shoves or at the very least feels compelled to call give such odds. that way his river bet should be even bigger given the current size of the pot. either way i think its unlikey you were stacking him with an A6 type hand even AK is IMO is reaching. but i know it happens often enough in the micro's but not often enough to expect it.

F

Falian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i definately think an AX is a good part of a range of hands given the action. IMO its better to put someone on a full range of hands rather that on hand. if you are correct with the read a raise on the river would just get more in the pot making their river bet even more. i'm not saying to raise enough to blow him off the hand but maybe enough to took like your buying it. and maybe he shoves or at the very least feels compelled to call give such odds. that way his river bet should be even bigger given the current size of the pot. either way i think its unlikey you were stacking him with an A6 type hand even AK is IMO is reaching. but i know it happens often enough in the micro's but not often enough to expect it.

I wasnt expecting to stack him until the Ace came out. I think a raise on the turn has the potential to scare him enough to either A. fold or B. call and check fold the river.

If your saying that you don't think i'm stacking him once I see the river then your crazy. I could stack a pro holding AK with that river.. with the pre-flop raise he has to pretty much put me on pocket 4's, which would be very hard to do considering the line I took.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st hand fired preflop and cbet when he shoves i figure i'm committed
2nd hand do i just call as suggested? is a shove too much? i was hoping my image may get a call by small pp or an AK-T type hand. too wishfull? i put chat in it was just too funny not to. he is a winner as claimed looked him up.
--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------
Full Tilt, $0.01/$0.02 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker
MP1: $2.81 (140.5 bb)
MP2: $1.10 (55 bb)
MP3: $2.21 (110.5 bb)
CO: $0.34 (17 bb)
BTN: $2.32 (116 bb)
Hero (SB): $2.27 (113.5 bb)
BB: $0.40 (20 bb)
UTG+2: $2.71 (135.5 bb)
Pre-Flop: Hero is SB with 7 6
6 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, BB calls $0.04
Flop: ($0.12) 7 K A (2 players)
Hero bets $0.12, BB raises to $0.34 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.22
Turn: ($0.80) J (2 players, 1 is all-in)
River: ($0.80) 6 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
Results:[spoil] $0.80 pot ($0.05 rake)
BB showed T A (a pair of Aces) and lost (-$0.40 net)
Hero showed 7 6 (a flush, Ace high) and won $0.75 ($0.35 net)
[/spoil]
villain: you donk
villain: I hate you
cardplayer52: i got caught stealing
villain: your an idiot
cardplayer52: then i was comittied
villain: your a fagg to
cardplayer52: sry
villain: that is why I only buy in for forty cause of homos like you
cardplayer52: if you had more i folded
villain: you will always be gay card player
cardplayer52: is that bad?
villain: yeah fa g
villain: you suck
villain: you ruin the game
cardplayer52: i win though
villian: so do I
villain: by th way you played that hand looks like you lose more thean you win
cardplayer52: 73% of the time im not cuaght **totally made up to seem smart.
victorgr54: justdpn't move idiot so I can take my chips back from you
...5 or 6 hands later
--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------
Full Tilt, $0.01/$0.02 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
MP3: $3.77 (188.5 bb)
CO: $2.46 (123 bb)
BTN: $1.55 (77.5 bb)
SB: $2.19 (109.5 bb)
BB: $0.34 (17 bb)
UTG+1: $2.22 (111 bb)
Hero (UTG+2): $2.60 (130 bb)
MP1: $0.39 (19.5 bb)
MP2: $1 (50 bb)
Pre-Flop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q Q
UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $0.06 , villain: just make sure you call when I go all in, MP1 raises to $0.39 and is all-in, 2 folds, CO calls $0.39, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.60 and is all-in, CO folds
Flop: ($1.20) 2 2 K (2 players, 2 are all-in)
Turn: ($1.20) J (2 players, 2 are all-in)
River: ($1.20) T (2 players, 2 are all-in)
Results:[spoil] $1.20 pot ($0.08 rake)
Hero showed Q Q (two pairs, Queens and Twos) and won $1.12 ($0.73 net)
MP1 showed 8 8 (two pairs, Eights and Twos) and lost (-$0.39 net)
[/spoil]
villian: 8 another lukcky as s catch
cardplayer52: ty for the tip of calling
villian: lucky dealer gave me those b tich
cardplayer52: sort of funny
villian: call you fa ggot
cardplayer52: you might of set mined
villian: I love how people try to justify there stupid moves
cardplayer52: like shoving 88 to a ep raiser?
villian: like how a stupid f aggot your aer
cardplayer52: dont forget to add w/your money!!
villian: been playing you for two days I know how much you suck i have taken a lot of your money guy remember>?
villian: you are catching up
villian: but I still have more of your money donk
villian: hey you are so good why don't you go all in with me with bottom pair again?
cardplayer52: im up $1.25 on you
villian: you think your up but your down retard we have been playing each other for the past two days idiot
cardplayer52: i got HEM
villian: bnope
villian: I got you
cardplayer52: 118 hands together
villian: got your money
cardplayer52: 8 wins 4 losses
villian: your just cathing up
villian: and your stats are wrong
villian: idiot
cardplayer52: up $1.25
cardplayer52: what then?
villian: down
villian: enough of your money bi tch
cardplayer52: do you remember i hit a set on the river the other day?
villian: now you are making sh hit up?
villian: your just another donk on the penny tables bye
cardplayer52: i won a ton here too
cardplayer52: lost a lot back though
villian: n raise
villian: idiot

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wasnt expecting to stack him until the Ace came out. I think a raise on the turn has the potential to scare him enough to either A. fold or B. call and check fold the river.

If your saying that you don't think i'm stacking him once I see the river then your crazy. I could stack a pro holding AK with that river.. with the pre-flop raise he has to pretty much put me on pocket 4's, which would be very hard to do considering the line I took.

i was talking about how a would think on the turn. obv if an ace or his kicker hits you stack him. my point was just making the pot bigger on a previos street the next streets bet is usually propotionately larger.

ZackK19

ZackK19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dabbed in some 5nl for fun.
--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------

poker stars, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

UTG: $2.69 (53.8 bb)
MP: $2.17 (43.4 bb)
Hero (CO): $6.08 (121.6 bb)
BTN: $3.61 (72.2 bb)
SB: $4.18 (83.6 bb)
BB: $4.50 (90 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is CO with 9
heart.gif
club.gif

2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BTN folds, SB calls $0.13, BB folds

Flop: ($0.35) 9
diamond.gif
heart.gif
spade.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $0.25, Hero raises to $5.93 and is all-in, SB calls $3.78 and is all-in

Turn: ($8.41) J
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 are all-in)
River: ($8.41) A
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results:
Spoiler:
$8.41 pot ($0.40 rake)
SB showed 9
spade.gif
T
diamond.gif
(a pair of Nines) and lost (-$4.18 net)
Hero showed 9
heart.gif
club.gif
(three of a kind, Nines) and won $8.01 ($3.83 net)

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st hand fired preflop and cbet when he shoves i figure i'm committed
2nd hand do i just call as suggested? is a shove too much? i was hoping my image may get a call by small pp or an AK-T type hand. too wishfull?

1st hand - I avoid stealing light from short stacks, because of this situation - you end up pot committed with underdog hands. IMO, this is a steal that shouldn't have been attempted. This is why I never stay long on a table with a short stack on my left.

2nd hand - a standard raise would be to half your stack, and I would want to be heads up, so I like the shove but specifically to get to HU.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I have 19 BI's for 5nl at the min, i was thinking of moving up a bit earlier too, just maybe not on a sunday night lol it'll either be a huge success or a huge failure and i'll end up grinding 2nl for another month, if i get another 10 BI's at 2nl then i'm at the 23 BI level for 5nl and the time i was planning on taking a 3BI shot, i think i'm going to stick to this purely as a test of discipline, bit sadistic really lol

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont tell random players on a table who clearly don't know anything about poker, about HEM imo

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont tell random players on a table who clearly don't know anything about poker, about HEM imo

IDK what came over me. i didnt want to piss him off enough to leave. but as far as is knowlege he did play well. he is a winning player as well. why i tried to educate him on the HEM or even to buyin deeper IDK either.

as for the other post in the 1st hand i've read somewhere on of the advantages of playing a short stack is the ablity to steal their blinds. as any attemp is a serious treat to their stack. but i will definately try to aviod this type of spot in the future. and the 2nd hand its QQ which in my mind rates to best hand of the 3. my raise wasnt to isolate at all but to get allin 3 way. i got more of a chance to lose but "hopefully" a greater +EV. if it were AA would you rather be HU allin or in a 5 way pot allin. me i chose the latter.