***June Micro Grinder Thread 2NL-25NL***

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the problem with playing aces oop in that spot is that you either win a small pot or lose a mid-big 1, unless you flop everything

:dito: ... I try & let the Arag go on a raise OOP because of this reasoning.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if I flop an ace, I'm pretty certain it's good so I probably check call with that and probably donk or raise the turn.

I can let go if i flop a 3, flush draw i would probably just call flop with and reevaluate on turn, depending on how much and how big the flop action is.

Booooo. Worst answer ever! Calling OOP to play fit or fold is BAD. Stop doing it, win more $$!

If the Ace hits you're right you are generally good but the way you plan to play it it's going to cost you a lot of $$ when you're crushed and make you very little when you're ahead. The only real justification for calling there is with a very specific read that you'll be able to steal lots of pots postflop UI and OOP that is very tough to do.

What did villain have there BTW?

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the problem with playing aces oop in that spot is that you either win a small pot or lose a mid-big 1, unless you flop everything

Well it is 4 handed, and these people are pretty crazy, so not necessarily imo.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i got killed at 5nl. its back to 2nl for me. i am playing a little more aggressive post flop(not very aggressive overall one barrell and mostly out). i have noticed raising donk bets seems to be very profitable. i dont see a filter for this stat. i was wondering just what filters i'd need to find this out. but my head starts to spin after a while trying to figure this out. i want to know if i'm the raiser and someone donks me on the flop and i raise them how much i make in those spots. i know it must be alot. raising donk bets seems like a standard play for me now. any help would be great ty.

--btw i got HEM.

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might be out of the loop, but I remember in past micro grinder threads someone talking about putting together a table of all of us sitting down at like a 2 or 5 NL table. We would play for a little while then send the hand histories to whoever to compose a video where we could see each other's cards. Then we could have a few people comment with audio on the plays and what we did right/wrong, etc...

Did this ever happen, or any chance we could get this project underway by the end of the month?

I'd be down for this. Probably be good to get at least 6 people. I think sundays are probably good for most people but I could be wrong. Anyone else interested in doing this? Maybe we should start a new thread to get this going

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Possibly.
I know it's OOP and that sucks, but my hand is way ahead of his range, probably why I should've 3bet or folded and not called.
But I think it has good potential either way.

Apparently you missed this?

You don’t make money playing no-limit by playing fair. You make it by insisting on playing with an advantage. One way you can get an advantage is by playing only good hands. Another way is by playing only when you have position (or an excellent hand). Refuse to play so-so hands out of position, and your results will automatically begin to improve.

There's generally 3 types of advantages you can have in poker : Skill advantage, positional advantage, and card advantage. Generally, you'd like to have 2 of the 3 to play a hand outside of steal opportunities. The fact that A3 may be ahead of his opening range isn't enough due to your positional disadvantage and how impossible of a hand it is to play well OOP.

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd be down for this. Probably be good to get at least 6 people. I think sundays are probably good for most people but I could be wrong. Anyone else interested in doing this? Maybe we should start a new thread to get this going

I'm down. Maybe we can look in to setting something up for next weekend?

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Next weekend could work for me, I can could even play the fish role at the table...I think I got it down pat.

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggested it a while back, didnt get much response so it dropeed.

Im down for next sunday (a week from this sunday as its fathers day)

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I'll be down too but maybe 2 weekends from now would be better maybe :top:

Next is a holiday weekend...

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would be down too
if only to try and suck out on dsvw :p
(are we playing seriuz or cc 2nl style ?)

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's generally 3 types of advantages you can have in poker : Skill advantage, positional advantage, and card advantage. Generally, you'd like to have 2 of the 3 to play a hand outside of steal opportunities. The fact that A3 may be ahead of his opening range isn't enough due to your positional disadvantage and how impossible of a hand it is to play well OOP.

I think in some instances card advantage is the only one where you can consistantly make money w/out having any other edge, although you wont make nearly as much as if you have position and skill to go with it. Which is why many beginning poker books advocate playing super tight, so you will always have cards as your edge, as you work on improving your skill. Unfortunately this advantage alone will not be enough as you move up to higher stakes and players get better, because you become predictable and people wont pay you off often enough to compensate for the money your losing in rake, blinds, and coolers.

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would be down too
if only to try and suck out on dsvw :p

Hopefully play serious so we can all get some constructive discussion/analysis going about hands. I will probably start a thread sometime next week if someone hasn't done it by then, where we can vote on the details or whatever and so we dont hijack this thread.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would LOVE to take part in this... but will likely be working since I am currently working 27 hours a day.

Actually this is something that I only partially understand. I suppose if folks are used to playing much higher or have no respect for the game at the lowest levels because it's not enough money to be interesting - then it SORT of makes sense.

And I suppose it is fun to play lunatic poker at levels where it won't do serious damage to your bankroll.

But I see poker as poker as poker. (Not to mention that I play 05nl mostly, so 02 is close to home. ;) ) I respect the game at whatever level I play it, and if I am sitting at a table full of maniacs who are just "having fun" then I will play the kind of game that allows me to win money from this situation with the least amount of risk of stepping on land mines.

So more often than not I would leave the CC 02 nl games up a couple buyins.

Course... it might also have been pure stupid luck. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hopefully play serious so we can all get some constructive discussion/analysis going about hands. I will probably start a thread sometime next week if someone hasn't done it by then, where we can vote on the details or whatever and so we dont hijack this thread.
Yeah that's what I figured. I'm still game.
Only problem will be getting someone to do the commentary/review imo.

Actually this is something that I only partially understand. I suppose if folks are used to playing much higher or have no respect for the game at the lowest levels because it's not enough money to be interesting.

you know what i mean.. drunken shove every hand kind of nightly fun.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im in on this idea aswell... must have missed it earlier, sounds great imo

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps we should do two different days, one a 6-max and one for FR?

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
indeed. I can and am willing to do either one. My FR game is better but I am always looking for good stuff on 6-max

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggested it a while back, didnt get much response so it dropeed.

Im down for next sunday (a week from this sunday as its fathers day)

I'm very interested too - feel free to exclude me if time zone becomes a problem (I'm 12 hours ahead of EST, but I don't mind getting up early/staying up late).

Would also prefer avoiding father's day.

I'll play both/either FR and 6max, but I'm more comfortable in 6max...

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah dude I am, half way through clearing my bonus but will clear it all next week, are you having a bash on there aswell ?

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ye, 100nl is lol bad, like equivalent to stars 25nl