VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It will depend on some factors like phase of the tournament, amount of stack, with hand is (AA, KK, AQ etc) and how are the players at the table ( aggressive or tight). But for me if it’s top pair is always good ideia.

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It is a question that should be framed in a situation. There are times when all in preflop is the best option due to the situation you are in (few blinds, close to entering prizes, bad player in front, etc.)

L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
As always it depends. If you are s cheap leader and have a top hand sure. But if that is the beginning of a tournament and there are lots of loose players it is not a good idea. It would be a Little different with cash games but still with close stacks I wouldn't play all in. Maybe onky with AA and KK.

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
When your stack is too short, there aren't many plays left. Going all in when you have a "playable" hand seems like the logical move to me.
On the other hand, if you are comfortable with your stack, it's more complicated.
As you rightly point out, I believe it heavily depends on the stack size.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends... there is no 100% correct answer to the question unless you define the situation by informing us of the blinds, position, stage of the tournament and so on...

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Making All-in in poker must be justified - this decision must bring profit over the long term, otherwise the losses from it will be significant.You should act with caution even with the strongest pocket cards if several opponents entered the auction with an all-in bet before you. If you match them in a multipot, the value of your hand will decrease significantly and the odds of winning may not be in your favor.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I can't say it's a smart move, but I've moved all in a few times, I've won and lost, I can say I've lost more than I've won, but taking risks is always good, especially with good cards

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
AA KK if you think you'll get callers, if not just raise and play them. Also depends on how many chips every1 has. If you have nothing yeah, if you are massive chip stack then probably yeah, but you might find every1 folds to all so better standard raise and get them out that way when you hit

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Fish are preflop with 30bb+. If your stack is less than 20bb, then you bank will be the right decision, in other situations it's a donkey. I often see it like 888 poker that the first hand of the tournament, and the stacks are 100bb, and the fish go to the bank, well, they take the oini stack, so what did they achieve? The fact that they no longer have 100, but 103-105bb :) at worst, they fall for the same fish and lose.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I belive soo too.. Especially when the blinds are very high it îs more effecient move.. 😁

9peso

9peso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have big advantage in stack, I think you can scarry out your opponents who have small stack - they are afraid of BB and ante and they have to check almost everything if they have only one card in hand above 10. But if you have another player with big stack I think it's risky to go all-in, althought you have high pair like JJ QQ KK AA.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
it is smart if you have enought equity on your hand and you think that your oponents call your all in

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'd say it's all about chip stack at that point.
Sometimes yes, sometimes not, it all depends on the situation. There are many factors that you did not describe, so it is difficult to give a correct answer. It depends on the format and structure of the tournament, the stage of the tournament, the number of players at the table, the buy-in, all these factors are important and must be taken into account.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Not all the time going all in pre flop is a smart play, 80% going all in on the pre flop is a disaster waiting to happen, You need to be carful knowing your odds and the players you play against.

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think it depends on your stack; in any case, there are hands like AA or KK that you could 3-bet into an all-in pre-flop if your opponent re-raises you. Maybe I'm forgetting other opportunities where you can do it.

Luckybvby777

Luckybvby777

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
AW
Chips
It will depend on some factors like phase of the tournament, amount of stack, with hand is (AA, KK, AQ etc) and how are the players at the table ( aggressive or tight). But for me if it’s top pair is always good ideia.
Understandable 👍

It is a question that should be framed in a situation. There are times when all in preflop is the best option due to the situation you are in (few blinds, close to entering prizes, bad player in front, etc.)
Great logic

As always it depends. If you are s cheap leader and have a top hand sure. But if that is the beginning of a tournament and there are lots of loose players it is not a good idea. It would be a Little different with cash games but still with close stacks I wouldn't play all in. Maybe onky with AA and KK.
Pace it safe 👌

When your stack is too short, there aren't many plays left. Going all in when you have a "playable" hand seems like the logical move to me.
On the other hand, if you are comfortable with your stack, it's more complicated.
As you rightly point out, I believe it heavily depends on the stack size.
The chip stack is key 🔑

It depends... there is no 100% correct answer to the question unless you define the situation by informing us of the blinds, position, stage of the tournament and so on...
Leaves it to common sense, great answer. 👍

Making All-in in poker must be justified - this decision must bring profit over the long term, otherwise the losses from it will be significant.You should act with caution even with the strongest pocket cards if several opponents entered the auction with an all-in bet before you. If you match them in a multipot, the value of your hand will decrease significantly and the odds of winning may not be in your favor.
Accurate 🎯

I can't say it's a smart move, but I've moved all in a few times, I've won and lost, I can say I've lost more than I've won, but taking risks is always good, especially with good cards
Sometimes it is necessary

Luckybvby777

Luckybvby777

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
AW
Chips
AA KK if you think you'll get callers, if not just raise and play them. Also depends on how many chips every1 has. If you have nothing yeah, if you are massive chip stack then probably yeah, but you might find every1 folds to all so better standard raise and get them out that way when you hit
Agreed 👍

Fish are preflop with 30bb+. If your stack is less than 20bb, then you bank will be the right decision, in other situations it's a donkey. I often see it like 888 poker that the first hand of the tournament, and the stacks are 100bb, and the fish go to the bank, well, they take the oini stack, so what did they achieve? The fact that they no longer have 100, but 103-105bb :) at worst, they fall for the same fish and lose.
Great example 👍

If you have big advantage in stack, I think you can scarry out your opponents who have small stack - they are afraid of BB and ante and they have to check almost everything if they have only one card in hand above 10. But if you have another player with big stack I think it's risky to go all-in, althought you have high pair like JJ QQ KK AA.
Still risky, always risky 😬

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on a lot of things, like how many people are at the table, your position in the game, what point the game is at, what hand you have. But in the end it ends up being bingo. You can win or your AA pair will be broken....

Luckybvby777

Luckybvby777

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
AW
Chips
Sometimes yes, sometimes not, it all depends on the situation. There are many factors that you did not describe, so it is difficult to give a correct answer. It depends on the format and structure of the tournament, the stage of the tournament, the number of players at the table, the buy-in, all these factors are important and must be taken into account.
There is no correct answer, with the knowledge your giving I would agree hands down. 🙌

Luckybvby777

Luckybvby777

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
AW
Chips
Not all the time going all in pre flop is a smart play, 80% going all in on the pre flop is a disaster waiting to happen, You need to be carful knowing your odds and the players you play against.
Pure facts

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With low stack or against a agressive player can be a good strategy! blind war situations.. but it's not a cake recipe to go al in preflop all the time..

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It's not smart if no one has raised the bet before you, to me that just shows that you don't know how to play. The only reason to do this is if several players have already raised before you.