I just need some re-assurance or a telling off..?

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
touche.

but honestly not arguing, just pointing out that the way i played the hand imo was the right way thats all..?but u have cleared why 1 might bet in this situation...tbh im new here and didnt know every hand gets interrogated this much..its good though,im learning everyday,but some people seem to have a chip on there shoulder for one reason or another..

Why did you post the hand then? Check/shoving is bad and is not correct. You pretty much narrow your range to sets and overpairs. You do realise we are under no obligation to help you and insulting people that are better players than you isn't very clever because next time you post a HH you'll only get responses from players that think things like limp/folding is good with 5BB so you can hit a set. I certainly won't be commenting on the next one as you're clearly not willing to take advice so you've lost one winning players opinion for the future.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why did you post the hand then? Check/shoving is bad and is not correct. You pretty much narrow your range to sets and overpairs. You do realise we are under no obligation to help you and insulting people that are better players than you isn't very clever because next time you post a HH you'll only get responses from players that think things like limp/folding is good with 5BB so you can hit a set. I certainly won't be commenting on the next one as you're clearly not willing to take advice so you've lost one winning players opinion for the future.

Blue, chill.

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

ive already explained why i posted the hand..its simple i just got knocked out on it,it was meant to be nothing more than that..
when u refer to "we",who exactly is we..?
just because you beat a fish in a HU tournament dont be getting ahead of yourself..get down off your high horse..im only just on here and already by your posts towards me, and others that can see u think ur all it,just chillax..we can all be a big boy behind a computer..

Now im restricted to only 7 posts a day since im a new member so dont want to get into a stupid argument taking them all up....

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive already explained why i posted the hand..its simple i just got knocked out on it,it was meant to be nothing more than that..
when u refer to "we",who exactly is we..?
just because you beat a fish in a HU tournament dont be getting ahead of yourself..get down off your high horse..im only just on here and already by your posts towards me, and others that can see u think ur all it,just chillax..we can all be a big boy behind a computer..

Now im restricted to only 7 posts a day since im a new member so dont want to get into a stupid argument taking them all up....

We as in members of this poker forum, figured it was implied by the context it was written in, evidently not for you. I regard myself as a decent player as I can show consistent profit in the games I play, not because I beat a fish. I think you need to learn to be a little bit more thick skinned. Every bad comment you make will be ripped apart by those more knowledgable than you, you'll either learn to accept these and go on the way to improving your play or you'll try to argue and justify bad plays.

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
ok so you speak on behalf of all members,fair enuf..
i will learn to be more thick skinned if you learn not to be so aggressive towards my comments,you come across very badly.just a heads up.
i want my play to be examined by as you said more knowledgable people but theres no need to then argue about every comment preceding the matter,anyway il come across your path again im sure..
gluck.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
. Every bad comment you make will be ripped apart by those more knowledgable than you,.
Really? What's our motivation for the 'ripping' & the aggressive attacks? I'm probably not as good of a player then (obv.) cuz for some reason I don't feel a need to be 'ripping' here. I'd be more than happy to help out OP here on the forum though (as I'm sure he's aware).

I personally was attracted to this forum because of the 'lack of ripping' & for the help I received from others (& for their understanding/patience while I was learning the game). That's just me though... not the whole forum (or, errr.. I mean the better players)

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really? What's our motivation for the 'ripping' & the aggressive attacks? I'm probably not as good of a player then (obv.) cuz for some reason I don't feel a need to be 'ripping' here. I'd be more than happy to help out OP here on the forum though (as I'm sure he's aware).

I personally was attracted to this forum because of the 'lack of ripping' & for the help I received from others (& for their understanding/patience while I was learning the game). That's just me though... not the whole forum (or, errr.. I mean the better players)

What meaning are you assigning the word ripping here? You seem to be interpreting it like the word flaming.

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
just some info on the villian here before i post the hand..he limps in middle pos with ace,8 and overbets his set which he flops.and jams on turn..also ive seen him limping in MP with j,10 off and calling a 4xbb bet from the button and snap calling..!!
also he tends to be fairly active playing 4 out of the 9 pots since winning the "set hand"..
also ive seen her overbetting her flop when she hits her Flush on the flop,donk pot betted the flop by 300%...so with that info going into the hand i was confident when i get the call and am in pos..heres the hand anyway..

$1.00+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level V (30/60) -

Seat 1: VicBiggs (1925 in chips)
Seat 2: TsaKk11 (6165 in chips)
Seat 3: Hero (3855 in chips)
Seat 4: Villian (4250 in chips)
Seat 5: corza1 (17839 in chips)
Seat 6: Vetik1234 (1755 in chips)
Seat 7: *meshugaa! (3215 in chips)
Seat 8: Marishka83 (7800 in chips)
Seat 9: LuppisBob (2735 in chips)
Vetik1234: posts small blind 30
*meshugaa!: posts big blind 60
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero[Kc Ad]
Marishka83: calls 60
LuppisBob: folds
VicBiggs: folds
TsaKk11: folds
Hero: raises 180 to 240
Villian: calls 240
corza1: folds
Vetik1234: folds
*meshugaa!: folds
Marishka83: folds
*** FLOP *** [Qs Ks 3s]
Hero: bets 300
Villian: calls 300
*** TURN *** [Qs Ks 3s] [6h]
Hero: bets 660
Villian: raises 660 to 1320
Hero: raises 1995 to 3315 and is all-in
Villian: calls 1995
*** RIVER *** [Qs Ks 3s 6h] [6s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Hero shows [Kc Ad] (two pair, Kings and Sixes)
Villian: shows [Tc Ts] (a flush, King high)

villian said he didnt put me on a spade and he also was,"well lk i was ahead pre flop...".!

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flush flop puts most all of us in defensive mode.

You mention you are in position... YOU ARE NOT , you are out of position (acting first). TPTK against that flop is not good.

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont stack off with that hand on that board. I probably fold to the turn raise.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
,i re raise him to 15000..reasoning behind this is that i just want to find out were i am,

telling off just because of this, i didn't even bother to read the rest of the post because this is a huge leak

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
oh ya im not in pos actually..

i was not scared of the flop being all spade as he would of made a big raise like he did before,he was just calling which imo he was scared of the flop..,raising on the turn is weird imo as hes unlikly to have improved with the 6,so i put in a re raise to firstly stop him calling if hes got a spade and will ruin my hand and secondly i just feel im ahead here more often than not against this player,,espeially the way i have seen him play hands in the past with similar boards..
he makes a terrible call on turn.?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
oh ya im not in pos actually..

i was not scared of the flop being all spade as he would of made a big raise like he did before,he was just calling which imo he was scared of the flop..,raising on the turn is weird imo as hes unlikly to have improved with the 6,so i put in a re raise to firstly stop him calling if hes got a spade and will ruin my hand and secondly i just feel im ahead here more often than not against this player,,espeially the way i have seen him play hands in the past with similar boards..
he makes a terrible call on turn.?

Can't help but think you let your ego do your thinking for you.

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

can you please explain your reasoning behind saying something so stereotypical of a post from a new member trying to improve his poker game..??
so wat are you saying,that my play is delusional and that i shouldn't take any notice of my players previous play,or are you saying something different,tbh im lost with your thinking of me,which is funny as you havent given any reasoning of your view of the hand only that my view is wrong and should be scared of the flop,im giving reasoning behind why this board is not that scary against this particular player,you can only point out my stupid mistake in my description of the hand, that IM OUT OF POSITION...

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you played it well up until the turn, just jam to get max value from draws :) otherwise, well played

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

i think your getting mixed up in the 2 hands that ive posted,i did jam,hence as you said to get rid of drawsand get maximum value from this particular player.

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
at the final table of the €2.25 €1570 gtd 785 entrants and at the final table now after 5 and a half hours....2nd in chips..playing well.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
whats ur name?

guessing its norebuy4u

edit: your opening size is wayyy too big, no need to 3x

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
2nd,my jacks came up against queens.his queens held..
he was offering a deal i think,70/50 he was saying,declined it anyway..

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

can you please explain your reasoning behind saying something so stereotypical of a post from a new member trying to improve his poker game..??
so wat are you saying,that my play is delusional and that i shouldn't take any notice of my players previous play,or are you saying something different,tbh im lost with your thinking of me,which is funny as you havent given any reasoning of your view of the hand (I mentioned how most of us play flush flops) only that my view is wrong and should be scared of the flop,im giving reasoning behind why this board is not that scary against this particular player,you can only point out my stupid mistake in my description of the hand, that IM OUT OF POSITION...

Don't take this personal. Which, along with my comment on ego, and your original misconception of position, and your OP are meant to try to get you to realize the whole poker world is bigger than you, and you might want to realize the game needs constant revision on each or our parts.

Any hand you post here is is in the "Tell Me Off" thread. If you want advice on how to play, or a more correct line of play, post those hands in the hand analysis section.

And certainly don't get defensive about advice you get here.

Poker Tells