I have no discipline

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is not only your problem, it is the same with me, this reason is the basis of all my losses

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll

bankroll management is one of the most important parts to successful poker.

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a different problem with discipline. Mostly, I'm really easy to provoke into bad calls or shoves. I have to REALLY concentrate on not letting unexpected aggression get to me, it's a real issue.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have no discipline, i started with 65 dollars ,took it to 82 then went back to 20 took it back to 70 and lost it all again,,my problem is when ever i win a little i immediatly go up higher stakes tables thinking i am gonna beat them and increase my bankroll,, i am looking to deposit 150$ help me make a plan please and please give me advise too

You have identified a problem, maybe stop doing that, just sayin. :confused:

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this case your problem is not lack of discipline, it is a lack of knowing how to manage your bankroll.
This is a typical case of someone who has to improve the skills of poker, for you to recommend reading the theory of poker, however you must know how to relate the game experience to the theory of poker books, but your mistakes are very primary so it is I need a little more study in poker.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Plenty of stuff on BRM. Had the same problem my first few months of playing. Thank God I found a place like this early on. Good luck with the deposit and hopefully a withdraw to follow.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It takes time but its achievable, patience will help with your discipline. If you are hasty its no good for you, patience is a very useful key in success.

steeler1970

steeler1970

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say all ways stay in the limit where you are not worried about lose money and very re buy more chips at a table you are not winning at if you lose the money all ways leave and get a new table

Nelson1712

Nelson1712

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it is also difficult to apply discipline in poker because most of the time this requires making decisions that we do not want to make

B

B1961579

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been on a similar roller coaster, with my bankroll growing then shrinking as i try to move up to higher stakes. Thank you for this post, and thanks to all who have offered their advice here. I've read some really helpful tips, and hope to apply them and see less fluctuating in my bankroll.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you know your problem, you're already halfway there to solving it.

S

StatusOmega525

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the post. I actually cant say much myself, as Im still trying to freeroll up into a few buyins at the microstakes level, but I admit this is one of the issues i've been spending the most time on lately. Trying to figure out exactly how Im going to handle my bankroll management. At first, I was thinking of trying to keep at least 20 buyins of my given level on hand, but the closer I got to starting, my thoughts on the matter keep shifting. Right now my primary goal is to hit 100 buyins at the smallest level. I know its slow going, and it may never feel like Im getting anywhere, but I'd rather have the baddest safety net around, even if it means taking the extra time before moving up.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first of all you need to have a planning!
But before that, ask yourself why I play poker? To have fun? to be profitable?
If it's for fun you're doing what's right for you! If it is to make a profit, then you need a plan ..
1 - Studying
2 - Game Volume
3 - Discipline
4 - A strategy of which tournaments and tables to play!
5 - Patience.

if you have all that, you will evolve your game and start to earn more.
gold words. well said.
without a plan and system of lessons, there will be no success.

TinkCzru

TinkCzru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happens to everyone bud. If you don't learn the lesson from the forums/strategy eventually it will force its way on you. Its tough to learn because the allure of more profit seems so easy after a good session. And I started the year exactly like this! And lost it all in less than 2 hours the next day. It's frustrating, it's tilt inducing, but you gotta create a mechanism or trigger or just continual study--to understand these situations better and beat it. Patience and discipline--gotta hardwire those two in the noggin.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
you need to stick to the micro's until you have atleast 50k hand sample saying you beat that game with a decent win rate and then you can look at moving up to higher stakes.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You gamble thats why you bust your roll. Winning in poker means 5% roi and tone of volume to make profit. If you try each session to double up your roll its pure gamble

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you do something, so I walked, you will eventually become a serious player, you will not always get time for other players, just need to choose the right moment for a couple of days away.

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The advice is quite simple. Stick to the rules of bankroll and everything will be in order. Keep yourself in hand and do not go early to the big limit.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I to have the same problem with a deposit. It was good to read about all the different ideas that other members have on this topic.:jd4:

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Most important thing is to know what games you are really good at and your limits , follow a strict bankroll management project/plan and do not play more than the amount you are supposed/allowed to , start with the limits you can afford , not more or you willsuffer economically .

If you are new to poker you might have losses trying to find out which is the best game or how to play better , it's normal , you might have to deposit again , but first read the CardsChat bankroll management article (from the top blue tab , in the ''strategy articles''section ) .

Be patient and disciplined :) GL

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
excellent advice.
I say this myself every day, and still I climb early
Now the bankroll is minimized, and I'm trying to build it completely.
all because I myself do not listen to myself and others.

M

mayoroftittycity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're enjoying gambling right now. You need to teach yourself to start enjoying playing poker. This is an important distinction. Enjoying learning poker means that you're not worried aobut the stakes you're playing. Rather, it means you're enjoying learning about situations that play out to be more profitable for you. You're playing for the thrill of winning big money and you need to be playing for the thrill of learning to win more often.

branta

branta

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same problem. I have been to the bubble 3 times in freerolls the last week and made the money 0/3. Its like I get antsy or something. Frustrating to say the least.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is true
in principle, I enjoy tournament poker, and I'm glad that training is good study every day
but nevertheless sometimes I am brought up by discipline. this is my main omission for today. I hope I will correct myself when I step on the next rake and get tired of my mistakes

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My man it's not even a matter of discipline you just have to learn about bankroll management. NEVER ever play in a cashgame without atleast 25 buyins or in a tournament without 75 buy-ins. Recommended ammounts are around 60 buy-ins for cash games and 100 for tournaments. Also, when you're in a downswing, always move down in stakes if you're no longer bankrolled for the bigger stakes.