I have no discipline

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the higher the limit, the more you need to have a larger bankroll. At least 100 bains per MTT limit.

D

daniel411

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If Poker would be sooo easy we all would be millionaires...

In my opinion if you don't have the discipline to hold strictly the bankroll management you can't succeed in poker only with a lot of luck. Of course it takes a lot of time to raise your bankroll to the next level, except you have a big win in a tournament. But at least your bankroll will grows continuously. For me poker is a hobby and fun and i think i have the same fun on a micro limit table like on a high stake tabel (i dont know exactly because until now i never sited at a high stake tabel).

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lack some discipline in sticking to my plans, especially as to which cards I will allow myself to go all in preflop. It cost me a lot of lost tournaments.

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start with small goals

Me too, I think this is one of my biggest weakness in poker. Even in my everyday's life I tend to be undisciplined. I have goals but most of time I am struggling before I reach them. May be I should start with small goals.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why don't you stay at the tables as your bankroll rises. If you can't keep your bankroll with more expensive tables, then the tactics at these tables are slightly different.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
sometimes you hear stories from people who were new to poker and then played a big tournament and became millionaires in one fell swoop. But reality looks different you don't become a millionaire in one fell swoop, you have to work hard for it. And if you don't learn to maintain the small things first and don't stick to the bankroll rules, you are more likely to go broke than to reach your big goal. First and foremost comes bankroll management if you don't have it under control then you won't make it. And yes, of course, you should also continue to learn. And if you have the feeling that you are putting too much money into poker then let yourself be bet a limmit then you can only deposit a certain amount per day / week / Month and then you have to pay more attention to the bankroll. no one always wins and no one always loses.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3 year old thread but still very relevant topic. To be honest and a bit cynic about it, this boom-bust cycle is a large part of, what keep the wheels spinning in poker. People get lucky for a while, move up, lose all their winning plus their original deposit, and start all over with a new deposit.

To break that cycle and become one of the relatively small group of long term winners, you first of all need to learn about bankroll management, make a plan and then rigorously stick to it. Its not even all that important, what the plan is, as long as it involves moving down as well as up, and is followed.

If you really dont have the discipline to follow bankroll management, then you should realise, you are playing poker recreationally, and you should make yourself a budget. On most poker sites you can set daily, weekly and monthly deposit limits, so set those to something, which is reasonable given your financial situation and other needs and priorities.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no discipline, i started with 65 dollars ,took it to 82 then went back to 20 took it back to 70 and lost it all again,,my problem is when ever i win a little i immediatly go up higher stakes tables thinking i am gonna beat them and increase my bankroll,, i am looking to deposit 150$ help me make a plan please and please give me advise too

Hi muazkkh1996. If you are new here, welcome to CC. I think you know what the answer is, but I will say it anyway. Moving up is your problem. Why can't you be happy at lower levels. By the way, what level do you start playing at and what level do you go up too. At $150 deposit, you should not be playing higher than $10nl. That's the level I play at, and believe me, you can lose a lot there, or you can build up your BR there too. Besides, many players will tell you that if you can't beat the micro stakes, then don't move up. GL to you

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no discipline in the game, I think I get carried away a lot by my state of mind, I must learn to control my emotions in the game, but I love playing poker

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Lack of discipline ............
The story of my life .......... :D:D:D
But how nice it is to play poker:)

D

Dougwant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Disapline???

I think my mood has more effect on my game then discipline. Patience is the main problem though.....:rolleyes:

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed, it is very unpleasant to leave the computer, realizing that you have finished today with a negative result. In general, don't be afraid to switch between limits. There is nothing wrong with that. If you feel that the game is hard for you, that losing is turning into too much loss, switch to lower limits. Ideally, when you have 50-100 buy-ins per limit.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when there is no big bankroll it is better to play SNG 9-18-45-90-180max

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
You need bankroll management, there is a lot of information online, you also need to study more.

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is the hardest thing to have in poker, me and many other players suffer from this very much that they are impatient.

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are quite right, patience is the best weapon in poker, but how difficult it is to maintain it, for example I try to be the most disciplined, patient in waiting for hands that are playable and it is so much waiting that a moment of proud to see that nothing decent comes, I start unintentionally losing by playing any hand that in that moment of impatience, knowing that I must wait, the loss comes again ,,, I try and try to do much more effort to work on that issue ,, ,, discipline, patience, study and perseverance ,,, it costs but it is possible ,,, luck ,, to seek tranquility ,,,

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to play low levels where you feel most comfortable, don't play rebuy tournaments, bankroll management is very important, the secret of a winning player is correct bankroll management. [/QOTE]

I also need help on this subject of Bankroll because I'm like the friend of the question I'm 18 I'm going to 20 then I'm going to 58 and 59 and then I start to lose and tilt and then that's it. I believe it is patience in waiting for the tree to grow and then eating the fruits and not wanting to eat the tree's sprouts.

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Jonathan Little has some good content on bankroll management out there, I recommend checking it out!

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have discipline, but the problem is it doesn't last.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no discipline, i started with 65 dollars ,took it to 82 then went back to 20 took it back to 70 and lost it all again,,my problem is when ever i win a little i immediatly go up higher stakes tables thinking i am gonna beat them and increase my bankroll,, i am looking to deposit 150$ help me make a plan please and please give me advise too
Stop playing poker until you get discipline, unless you enjoy giving money away! :D

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have good discipline.:angel::angel::angel:

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I keep myself in sit n goes while I play tournaments to keep my mind occupied. I been staying away from cash tables lately and it seems like my bankroll is doing better. I like the 6 man SnGs because there faster than a 9, good luck.