I have no discipline

M

muazkkh1996

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no discipline, i started with 65 dollars ,took it to 82 then went back to 20 took it back to 70 and lost it all again,,my problem is when ever i win a little i immediatly go up higher stakes tables thinking i am gonna beat them and increase my bankroll,, i am looking to deposit 150$ help me make a plan please and please give me advise too

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to play low levels where you feel more comfortable, do not play tournaments with rebuys, bankroll management is very important, the secret of a winning player is the correct management of your bankroll.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to stay at the low levels until you’ve put together enough winning sessions to cover losses at the next stake. I always try to think of needing the bank roll to cover 2-3 losing sessions of at least 1 buy in before I book a win to make sure I don’t move up to soon

S

sanek18_1999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to learn how to manage your bankroll.On smaller levels,to feel the opponent, do not be afraid to take a risk when they see potential blether.Learn how to manage the Bank and very soon your ability will bring good results, good luck!:top::as4::as4:

I

Izazul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive had a similar really bad experience. I have deposited $20 and built it up to $200, my lack of discipline or greed has stopped me from cashing out. Ultimately i lost everything that night... i was extremely disappointed with myself. I have since learnt to play smaller stakes and cash out or stop playing once i am up.

M

muazkkh1996

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you for sharing your experiance

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You gotta try to set hard limits for yourself. The main problem people have is that they want to go big quick and the only way to do that is by taking risks with your bankroll. If you're getting bored and feel like you're playing just to play then take a break. It also helps to set bankroll goals and stick to 1 buyin you can afford until you reach that goal.

W

willko01000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
plan

Don't bet more than 10% in total of your bank roll.

That is if you are working on a total bank roll in your account rather than topping it up.

A more strict rule would be no more than 1% of your total bank roll but I'm guessing your not gonna want to do that.

So I would take no more than 10% on any tournament or cash game.

So 10% buy in on a tournament and then on cash games work out what you can afford say 50BB on 10% of your account total. So 10% divided by 50. That would be the BB level you would want to play in any cash game.

This is by no means the strictest policy but if you look at your bank roll and choice of games and tournaments this way your gonna begin to have some good money management.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is very difficult and depends only on you. Most likely this is due to the desire to move as fast as possible. Discipline is difficult to develop even the best players. You need to switch to other activities and relax from poker.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The advice is quite simple. Stick to the rules of bankroll and everything will be in order. Keep yourself in hand and do not go early to the big limit.

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must have at least 20 buy-in.Dont go to higher stakes tables,before your bankroll wont equal 20 buy-ins on that limit

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In the first place, a successful player must be patient.
Discipline, in my opinion, is the second key skill.
If you are not disciplined it means that you can not be a successful player.
Good luck.

R

RobQQ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wish i could be of some help

I have the same problem. I always move up to fast and end up risking it all. Sometimes it pays off but a lot of times it doesnt.

r_iiiichard

r_iiiichard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well I think that if you devote to other activities extra poker gives a gas. Seriously make room for your mind. Now wanting to level up why you're winning is not a good idea. I went through this once playing SpinGo and it was not cool. It is best to devote to a level and type of tournament and play a 1k or 2k. Then yes you will have the tools you need to decide to level up or stay the same. The idea of an evolution from day to night is fantastic, but the reality is that true evolution will take a long time, be persistent and build a solid foundation.

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's no about discipline , it's just programm in poker room created such way to attract you invest more and more

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's quite normal when we're still newbies, we have this thought of '' I already know enough, I'm dominating poker '' or '' look how much I've already won, I'm the guy. ''

We still do not know the variance

Finding that we are very good, for quickly gaining some $ but the fact is that we still have a lot to learn.

The long term and the constancy in profitability will always separate the wheat tares, or rather, the winners of the losers.

The sooner we accept that we still know almost nothing, or else that our knowledge is still very limited, but it will be learning and consequently evolution as a player.

I hope you learn a lot and know how to practice what you have read / studied.

Whether in SNG, MTT or cash game, whoever dedicates himself will be the winner.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
juste try to play tournaments,not cash game,in cash you can lose a lot of moneyif you dont have a discipline,lower tournamen I suggest micro and when your bankroll is higher than try a bigger stakes medium levelstep by step and you will have more confidence...

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need bankroll management, they are a ton of information online, also you need to study more.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no discipline, i started with 65 dollars ,took it to 82 then went back to 20 took it back to 70 and lost it all again,,my problem is when ever i win a little i immediatly go up higher stakes tables thinking i am gonna beat them and increase my bankroll,, i am looking to deposit 150$ help me make a plan please and please give me advise too
this leads us to failures in bankrolls.
it is necessary to get rid of these failures and desires to rise higher without grounds. I have no reason to do this. we behave so wrong and play minus and not in the rules of bankroll.
earlier I had such mistakes, and now I want to create a bankroll and get ready to not break it anymore
I also have a weak discipline in this.

B

Blakepc91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even the best players in the world will go broke if they don't use proper BR management.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even the best players in the world will go broke if they don't use proper BR management.
I think they will not allow this. because they are all professionals and I personally should learn these rules, otherwise I will not see success)

K

kceow2981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id say track how many hands you're playing at that stake. Don't move until you've got at least 30k-50k hands. If you're still profitable at that point and you have accumulated enough to have at least 20 buy-ins at the next stakes, then go ahead and move up. But once you lose 5 buy-ins you need to move back down in stakes.

Just because you win a few sessions doesn't mean you're good. You need to be winning over the loooooooong term

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As already mentioned bankroll management is the key here. Here on CC there is very good article about it:

https://www.cardschat.com/poker-bankroll-management.php

I suggest starting at micro stakes and move up only when both of the following conditions are met:

1. To have big enough bankroll to be bale to move to the next level
2. To be able to consistently win at the previous stakes

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first of all you need to have a planning!
But before that, ask yourself why I play poker? To have fun? to be profitable?
If it's for fun you're doing what's right for you! If it is to make a profit, then you need a plan ..
1 - Studying
2 - Game Volume
3 - Discipline
4 - A strategy of which tournaments and tables to play!
5 - Patience.

if you have all that, you will evolve your game and start to earn more.

THbc19

THbc19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can not advise you because I am the same way. It's horrible hahaha