How can you learn poker more quickly?

H

HEFOLK132

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To play many games, to watch video and to communicate with poker players.

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
So you mean that you can quickly learn poker from youtube? It is a good opinion...

Yes. You can learn a lot from you tube, as long as you look for videos of players with a good number of wins and who is a winner in the modality and limits that you play. I for example like the explanations of this player who takes hand history of amateurs and gives tips on how to do to have less errors possible during the session.

I use this and others to study and learn poker.

Here you can learn a little too. It's a shame that it's in Portuguese and I do not know if it will serve.
-benzóico.

W

Weee3eee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see a lot of post that say "practice makes perfect". I agree to a certain extent. You have to play, yes... You have to humble yourself and mark yourself as a learning player...Be willing to analyze the games afterwords... Get matched with a poker friend better than you and more skilled to help you work through the learning in an honest manner.

Istvan Gal

Istvan Gal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play more, watch videos how pros play

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very important after the session played to analyze your game.this should be done every time.

eulukaas1

eulukaas1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learning progression in poker is be patient. Learning your position and play play play. Dont open with nothing. Dont think open and raise with bad hand. Just follow the tight lign and you will learn more quickly.

Thank you for reply. It is a good admonition and a good opinion too.

Yes. You can learn a lot from you tube, as long as you look for videos of players with a good number of wins and who is a winner in the modality and limits that you play. I for example like the explanations of this player who takes hand history of amateurs and gives tips on how to do to have less errors possible during the session.

PaulinhoNuts Parte 1.1 - YouTube I use this and others to study and learn poker.

Na Mira do Pro T01E01Parte01 - YouTube

Here you can learn a little too. It's a shame that it's in Portuguese and I do not know if it will serve.
-benzóico.

Thank you for reply. It really can learn faster so. I see that you do not lack of evidence.:)

play more, watch videos how pros play

Thank you for reply.

It is very important after the session played to analyze your game.this should be done every time.

Thank you for reply. I respect your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just like RATT says, "what you give is what you get".

You can always watch more training videos, you can read more poker books, you can review more hands, you can post more hands in forums, and you get more/better coaches.

eulukaas1

eulukaas1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just like RATT says, "what you give is what you get".

You can always watch more training videos, you can read more poker books, you can review more hands, you can post more hands in forums, and you get more/better coaches.

Thank you for reply. A response of large proportions. Ok

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With all the advice given just remember this............no amount of experience or what you have learned is going to stop idiot players from playing crap cards and getting lucky, and this will happen often enough that it will make you question YOUR game, don't let it.

S

SuitedPear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's going to take time. I read a book by Phil Hellmuth and how he plays certain situations. That helped me out a lot. It's going to take time and practice for you to develop your own play-style though.

eulukaas1

eulukaas1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's going to take time. I read a book by Phil Hellmuth and how he plays certain situations. That helped me out a lot. It's going to take time and practice for you to develop your own play-style though.

I hope to help you what you read from the book . Good luck in the game.

doggycfg

doggycfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read books and look poker tournamens (EPT,PSC)

R

RMaster1000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Practice leads to perfection

Take a few hours of your day to study how much practicing in the freerolls made available in the poker rooms, taking notes of the behavior of each opponent on your table and the behavior in general of the given tournament that comes to play, because from what I see during my Each tournament has a unique form of opponents to play.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really believe One of the most important ways to learn is the one that I struggle with the most. Finding better poker players willing to discuss hands with you. Until you have someone better than you, evaluate your play I think it is hard to be objective.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Therefore to understand that you can not teach quickly poker. Speaking in a general way.
Yes, I have been playing for many many years and I am still learning new things.

[emoji106]

Drowy

Drowy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learning poker with "play money" vs "real money" those are completely different things.
playing for real money is where you start to think etc
play money games are boring cause you gain and lose nothing and its completely different play

learn poker basics with play money and then go to real money

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You learn from experience and analysing your hands off the table (that's studying). Also it is very good to watch videos from professionals that explain. I like doug polk but it very advanced. The best one for me it AK splitsuit, look for it on youtube, he has lots of videos about different things in poker.

C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Support in all kinds of tools, videos, books, forums, practice. The only thing that does not have to hurry is with the increase of bets. :)

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no fast way to learn poker. You start at the bottom, and with small steps, you work your way to the top. If you jump levels, you are only hurting yourself.

short but sweet and dead on

when you think youve learned everything you will really get some data that will blow your mind. The key to learning poker is always adapting learning trying strategies being open to what others whom are successful are doing. This doesnt mean to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Just means you got to be open to constantly adapting and studying and learning.

No one knows it all you learn a little from all and whom you can and try things and work on what works for you. No one and nothing is infallable so keep plugging away slowly but surely.

I will add this have plenty of friends ive seen go to top levels only seeing them fall or fail to the deepest depths

keep grinding:)

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No fast way per say. Just play often, read alot, participate in forums like this and also other forums hosted by popular poker clients such as pokerschoolonline by pokerstars and you will improve. The speed in which you learn will be base on how fast you can absorb the information. good luck sir

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think i have to agree with everyone that it takes time and experience, but reading, watching and playing as much as possible is the best way to learn

T

totox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read a lot analize your hands talk with more advance players

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More quickly? Man, I have some 10 years experience and I am still learning.

Pokerschool (in pokerstars) IS a place where you can learn well and relatively fast. Perhaps you wont make big bucks there but you will learn well - I suggest you do try to achieve something there. I did try.