How can you learn poker more quickly?

marieemce

marieemce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience, Pratice, Study and Strategies. I think this is the best way to learn poker everyday.

eulukaas1

eulukaas1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no way you can learn to play poker properly quickly. Of course you may learn the basics and then go to Poker School or intellipoker to get couchin but you need to go step by step to become a successful poker player. :deal:

GOOD ANSWER.

7svetoslav

7svetoslav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depents of the person and how much does this person want to learn to play the game.
As like the most things in life, you have to give from your time to learn. Cause its easy in the lessons, they giving you the most right choice to make in the current situation. But some of the situations are so different from the things you are reading for.
So, you have to learn from your mistakes and get more experience on the tables.
It will be not quicky but it will be easier for you as your friend explain you the current situations and how to figure with them. But its good also to read forums and try to improve your skills.
You have to be patience friend. :)

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learning progression in poker is be patient. Learning your position and play play play. Dont open with nothing. Dont think open and raise with bad hand. Just follow the tight lign and you will learn more quickly.

Jauheni Danilenka

Jauheni Danilenka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theory is useless without practical experience. It is priceless. Read books, watch the instructional video is undoubtedly necessary, but without practice (games live or offline) that knowledge and expertise remain just.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
video and article very help,keep pratice even you already good..

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think being around any poker situation is useful when your trying to better your game. Even if your not playing you can pick up information on how hands are being played

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read a lot analize your hands talk with more advance players :D

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Everything you said really helps in learning poker, but the volume of game where you apply the theories, in my opinion is the most important, having volume of game is not fast ... a very important tool is patience

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think best way for learning is playing and analyze your hands and learn from your mistakes,i use to do that and keep in mind how i played a hand and if it was something wrong i will change the way i played that hand.

C

Comesons

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything comes in time. when i first started i never understood why position even mattered when you had a good hand. the more you play the more you understand the spots that you put yourself in or someone puts you in. you learn from that and try it on other players. Maybe it wont work the first several times you try cause you dont know how to put them in that spot but by time it comes. Like everyone says patience

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have a lot of money, don't play freerolls or micro games, play at least $20 MTTs or Sit and Gos. Be patient, play tight and aggressive, look at your cards more closely when you're on the button. In essence stay away from goofy freeroll and micro players, if you got the money.

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi friend you can learn very fast if you spend 3 hours to study all the poker lessons and practice 2 so you will study and practice and you will see good results in a short time. I hope you serve luck on the tables...

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

nearly 200,000 people have registered here, How many of you participated in live poker?

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you already know the rules well, the best way to learn fast is to watch twich tv and also pick up or watch in you tube the hand history of someone who plays very well or someone who has reached final tables. So you can see the cards, and how it was made and can learn very fast.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I am not sure , let's say maybe if you take a very good personal instructor/teacher for some or many lessons/sessions , but this is a very expensive choice I guess , he will charge you many $$$ per hour .

eulukaas1

eulukaas1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learning progression in poker is be patient. Learning your position and play play play. Dont open with nothing. Dont think open and raise with bad hand. Just follow the tight lign and you will learn more quickly.

It is good if you follow certain steps in poker.

eulukaas1

eulukaas1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not sure , let's say maybe if you take a very good personal instructor/teacher for some or many lessons/sessions , but this is a very expensive choice I guess , he will charge you many $$$ per hour .

If to the fitness of the coach,to practice hall of the coach,why not at poker may not have the coach? The best answer.

eulukaas1

eulukaas1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you already know the rules well, the best way to learn fast is to watch twich tv and also pick up or watch in you tube the hand history of someone who plays very well or someone who has reached final tables. So you can see the cards, and how it was made and can learn very fast.

So you mean that you can quickly learn poker from youtube? It is a good opinion...