How can you learn poker more quickly?

eulukaas1

eulukaas1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you learn poker more quickly? The lessons from the poker school,from videos from youtube or from the experience of the time spent playing poker is self-taught you?

P

paulbonname

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
patience is the key in poker... i think im not a professional player heither

maneger1984

maneger1984

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My opinion is if you wanna be successful in poker you should play poker every day for couple hours.
I think practice it is everything.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no fast way to learn poker. You start at the bottom, and with small steps, you work your way to the top. If you jump levels, you are only hurting yourself.

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you learn poker more quickly? The lessons from the poker school,from videos from youtube or from the experience of the time spent playing poker is self-taught you?

Learning theory, instructional video to watch, analyze mistakes ... It's all for the sake of thinking during the game!
you can from the beginning to show good results, thanks to his way of thinking! poker itself not complicated! It is difficult to understand the players!

Flameofrecca

Flameofrecca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PapaC is right, there is no short cut in learning. It will just cost you more if you won't learn from the beginning. There's a lot of experience member here as well as references and resources like ebooks and hand analysis to help you out. Just try to find them and Good luck in your quest for perfection.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flameofrecca said " There's a lot of experienced members here" and I add, to help you in anyway they can. Ask a 1000 questions until you have put together your game to the point where you are doing this. ivanbbb said, " It's all for the sake of thinking during the game!" Slow down and think on every hand before you make your move. You may not believe this, but all I know about poker came from the members here, nothing else. I been working on it for a few years, and I have more years than that to have my game where I want it. Slowly make small steps, set a goal or two that you can reach, work on any tilt problems you may have, think, try to stay positive and patient, and try folding more hands than you play. GL to you

Mitchel Roebuck

Mitchel Roebuck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It takes time but maybe if you suddenly became so addicted and spend 90% of your time 24/7 playing and watch the pros. reading books etc

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
practice more makes you accumulate experience fast. in other words, master poker faster.

Stefanell75

Stefanell75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Video lessons are a good solution, but the practice is important! Begin first in free tournaments! It is patience

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I started learning poker from books and then played micro cash games.
After getting used to the game, i then got myself a training program(Ace Poker Drills). A few months later i joined RIO and then started using HUD. i was doing 1 to 3 (1 hour=play 3 hour=study) for the first few months until i get used to it.

eulukaas1

eulukaas1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started learning poker from books and then played micro cash games.
After getting used to the game, i then got myself a training program(Ace Poker Drills). A few months later i joined RIO and then started using HUD. i was doing 1 to 3 (1 hour=play 3 hour=study) for the first few months until i get used to it.

So you are advanced to poker. Continue and you may hit the jackpot at higher.

eulukaas1

eulukaas1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Video lessons are a good solution, but the practice is important! Begin first in free tournaments! It is patience

You are right the theory is very good but practice kill us.

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you keep studying and trying to put what you just studies on practice, you'll be perfecting your game a lot and learning with your own mistakes. One good approach to learning poker is watching videos about pros discussing some hands and stuff. Also there are very good players who like to make a followthrough analysis on a beginner playing a tournament, and it's very nice cause you can see and understand what he would do in each particular situation

eulukaas1

eulukaas1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
practice more makes you accumulate experience fast. in other words, master poker faster.

You care if you think you have learned too quickly and why do you think master at poker.

vse i sra3y

vse i sra3y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's all individual to whom it is better on the books and video learning, and who is better to learn by playing.

eulukaas1

eulukaas1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you keep studying and trying to put what you just studies on practice, you'll be perfecting your game a lot and learning with your own mistakes. One good approach to learning poker is watching videos about pros discussing some hands and stuff. Also there are very good players who like to make a followthrough analysis on a beginner playing a tournament, and it's very nice cause you can see and understand what he would do in each particular situation

This is your opinion and admire .. But I repeat that this is only your opinion. Get to learn.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best way to learn the game quicker is to play more often, but don't just keep playing the same style. You should read a lot of the tips in this forum and try to develop a game plan and stick to it. Don't go on tilt because of a bad beat, see if your game plan can bring you back. Keep mixing and matching styles(I find this works best for it keeps your opponent guessing) and see what works best for you. You should change your style once in a while at least so they can't figure you out.:D:D

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play as much as you can and study the way you played your hands over a large sample.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips

You can't

:top:

TiReX

TiReX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is not a game where you can to study everything.See stream,download training programs,more play experience,analyze their mistakes.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
There is no way you can learn to play poker properly quickly. Of course you may learn the basics and then go to Poker School or intellipoker to get couchin but you need to go step by step to become a successful poker player. :deal: