How to stop losing on a bad day or bad times?

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a 3 buy in stop loss.

I can pretty much feel myself tilting at that point and will usually close out the poker client and go for a long bike ride.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you’re losing and not having fun definitely take a break. Your bankroll will thank you

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To reduce losses, it is necessary to draw up a game plan before the start of the session. How much you want to deposit and how much you can afford to lose.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
have a program called TiltBreak, i would recommend using it if u have tilt issues like myself.

zoy4749

zoy4749

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You should set daily betting limits. if you can't win for a long time, you can take a break and rest.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you can. Just need to be able to stop when you're feeling that you're not playing your A game. Just quit the game when you feel tilted and get back to it when you recovered.

Piligrin66

Piligrin66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On such days when you are unlucky, it is better not to play, but play when you rest, carry your talisman with you for good luck and everything will work out.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pause. Stop playing until you can start over with a clear head.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
everyone knows the days where you simply can't win anything and everyone knows that these days will pass again. i'm in a phase like this myself, so i decided to only play freerols at first. Tilting or chasing the loss doesn't bring anything because you simply make too many wrong decisions which then lead to you losing even more. It is better to try to get back into your head and accept that losing is just part of the game and either take a break or simply go down a step and play less expensive tournaments. You can also impose a limmit at many poker sites you can set your loss limm and how you can deposit per day, week or month. Something like that doesn't help that you win more, but then you have your losses a little more under control