How to stop losing on a bad day or bad times?

charly11719

charly11719

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

It happens to me from wanting to recover what I lost and I lose more

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the worst thing you can do is try to recover what you lost. you should set daily bet limits.When you are in a bad moment, it is best to go out for a breath, clear yourself, think about other things and then evaluate whether to continue playing or stop playing for a while

T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe it is better if you put limits on daily or monthly expenses, in poker you cannot know how much you are going to win theoretically.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would suggest never try and make up for the losses, instead simply step back and end your session. Then put your time into studying the game and also review your hands to see where you can possibly improve. Way better idea then losing even more for the day.

J

Jlivy420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play safe and don’t go in on chase cards

I always noticed when I would have decent cards but not paired, so Q and A, I always would call. Now I have learned to wait and depending on where you are to the big blind make your move wisely! Sometimes seeing another hand is all it takes to get you to that final table!

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

The best way to stop loosing on a bad streak , is to quit playing for a while. At least for that day . Preferably a few days, to get your head and game straight. The worst thing you can do is throw good money after bad. Trying to win back your loses during a bad streak is a fools errand. A loosing streak is mostly a mindset . so you have to change it.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to take a break from the game, calm down, think over your mistakes and then start playing again.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Elementary. Just stop playing, take a break. I have been playing poker for over 10 years and it is the best possible option.

UM3SH

UM3SH

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a very simple. Exit to lobby then homepage and then exit from game. :)

You will definitely stop loosing.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to find a thing you enjoy a lot to do. Then, when you fell that you are in a bad day, go away poker rooms and start doing things you love to do.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

Greetings partner. It seems to me that it is better to stop playing and in case you cannot stop playing it is to lower the buy in level, for example if you are at 0.25, lower it to 0.10 ...:five:

Regards.:icon_sunn

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you lose enough money, just focus in freerolls. if they are not freerolls just don't play.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hey Mate, generally the best thing to do when you're feeling yourself getting emotionally involved, wanting to chase losses etc. The best thing to do is step away for a minute and cool down.

It's important to be able to take a loss well so that you don't get carried away. Here are a few videos you may find helpful too.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8bi0eQoTpxA&list=PLBrNnyWekagMm7W5FhyJsu7EBZKq7s_m8&index=10&t=0s[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQe4A9bc_vU&list=UUoj67ySCb_tDcTN5tuw-MWg&index=72[/ame]

Good luck my friend!

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

How many potentially promising players were unable to escape micro-stakes just because they lost control of themselves during the game. When playing poker, you should always remember that by reacting too emotionally to coolers, bad beats, transfers from fish, or just lost coins, you deprive yourself of a considerable part of the expectation from the game. Understanding that this is an integral part of the game of poker will help you to keep your head on your shoulders after hurtful losses.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you feel on the rise, winning stack after stack, and poker seems like an easy walk to you, it starts to seem like it will always be. But as a rule, this euphoria ends after the first very negative session. Your task is to perform at your best regardless of the results of the current session / week / month.

B

barags

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop playing for the day, only method that works for me.

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep playing this is how the only bad spells go, and if it is too long, the suggestion is to rest for 2 or 3 days.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you need to learn to stop
i have problems with that too

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play games that do not significantly affect the value of your bankroll, go down to the lisits below, during games do not regularly look at your bankroll until you finish the session. Of course, you can stop the game and rest, this is the right decision, but it will only help you restore your psychological state. Good luck.:)

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
All about bankroll management. Set limits and don't let your emotions get in the way.