How to stop losing on a bad day or bad times?

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no way to "stop losing" because you don't control variance. If you're tilted, it's definitely important to find a way to recover. For a lot of people that means taking a break. For others, it's meditation. Find what works best for you.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on how you are losing. If you are focused and making the correct calls, play on. If you are in a negative mood, making bad calls or lack of focus, step away. Making the right calls and not getting the results is normal on some down swings. Once if has changed your attitude, then take a break of a day or two.

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you guys needed to read this!!

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best thing is to retire for a few days, and dedicate yourself to something else. Golf for example. Walking clears the mind. If one is on a losing streak, do not insist, because the losses will be greater.:cool::cool:

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it were possible, there would be no losing players! Try reading articles about tilt resistance and psychology in poker (it helps me personally)

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
It's easy, turn off your computer and go for a walk, watch a series on Netflix or play with your dog ... but never try to double the bet, you will only lose.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you're going through a downswing, i find going down in buy in and stakes can help, also just focus on the basics of your game. i found having a tracker can make your game more complicated as well. maybe loose that and try playing more at the table

C

Chel_nv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me, just put aside poker for a week or a month and work at the main job. After that, you can resume your tournament adventures.:icon_stud

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad day or times

Hello. I read more on poker strategy. It helps with my game and I come back feeling stronger. Amazon has used books at very good prices. Good luck with your games. Never give it up.
Dan'o

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
when you are in a bad streak in which you are losing ... and you do not see how to recover ... what you should do is stop playing ... take a break ... have a cup of coffee or smoked a cigarette ... Get that bad vibe out of your head ... and then get back in the game ...!

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can take an example from me. I play tournaments, I play with the same limit, I play about the same number of tournaments a day. After the game I try to analyze my hands. And I read some new poker articles.
And you just won't have time to lose a lot of money on a bad day.

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is the moment when you must stop playing and resume the session the next day, follow your limits, set goals even in the loss.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be aware of the reasons you are losing . If its from bad beats as long as you do not tilt is ok to continue playing, but if you are making the wrong plays, them stop analyse what you did wrongly and reflex how you can improve.

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have lost a lot, then you need to stop, rest and continue the next day.

D

damas13251

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just take some break and go outsite to fresh ur brain and then come back.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only way to stop tilt is to change the stimuli around you. Get up, move around, do some push ups, or get a snack. If you're playing poorly, don't be afraid to hit that "sit out next hand" button. Your mental health is more valuable than a single hand.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just stop playing for a while. I know this is hard, but it's reality. Come back when you have fully overcome the previous loss.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just take a breather, do some exercise and move on. You can't change what is in your past.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i stop playing marginal hands and try to play only top hands, it does help

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

Best rthing to do is to turn off you computer a have a beer
There is always a tomorrow....as James Bond said

Rgds

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea either understand that it's just variance and continue to play. If it's causing you to tilt you have to stop playing and take a break.

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most important thing is to stop the game to save the rest of your money. Then some good relaxation is recommended, and then an analysis of your own game and mistakes.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think of it as growing, not losing.
If you want to continue playing poker.