Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with emotions. I often react emotionally to the hands and it doesn't matter if it's a money game or a freeroll. The problem is only when your emotions prevent you from making the right decisions and tilt occurs. If poker didn't give me any emotions I wouldn't play it and I would be bored. But if your emotions prevent you from playing well, try reading the book The Mental Game of Poker - Jared Tendler

G

gabriel014

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Someone asked that question in a Daniel Negreanu stream some time ago. And his advice was to meditate.

G

gabriel014

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I find it easier to keep my emotional responses checked if I give up a hand or two after a stressful moment and do something physical like take a two-minute walk...

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I only focus on my objectives both in hand and tournament. It works most of the time... Until the river comes in... Then I remember I am human.

Thiago Guimaraes

Thiago Guimaraes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know if you meant: without emotions, in fact, or learning to anticipate and CONTROL them. and i'm no expert on this. All in mind, controlling emotions requires self-control (both physical and mental). And the best tool to work on this is meditation (thought control, focus, absence of thought, visualization, and imagination).

And in response to that, I had a real doubt: do psychopaths have any advantage in poker? Have you heard of any studies about this?

A

AmeliaT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AU
Chips
I think they meant to control and release the right emotions at the right time. After all, playing emotionless in general will not help, because then you have no advantage over the competition. Can a person with an education in psychology have an advantage in poker - yes, if he knows how to control himself and does not play with professional players. After all, professionals should also know about "tricks" that help not to pretend to be a fraud or something like that. Therefore, this advantage is insignificant.
In my opinion, it is possible to control emotions, but you need to learn it, you need not only to be able to control, but also to analyze the mistakes of competitors and work on them.

neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Always pokerface if we mean offline games:)

serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
In online poker, you don't have to restrain your emotions, because no one sees you. But to play live. You really have to have nerves of steel and will.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
It is impossible to play without emotions, not only in poker, but in all areas of life. It controls us on some level.
And as everywhere, in poker you have to be able to deal with them, adapting to the current circumstances.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everybody! Well, what do I can to say about this interesting question?!. Anyway, I play in Poker with the different emotions...
But I try hold on them under control by possibility!.. And I can to say exactly: this gets now to do for Me more successfully, than early...
But there is something to work on yet!..