How to play without emotion?

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you use math then it takes emotions out of the equation.

See what I did there ? lol

After you get through the "what do I think he has? what do I think he thinks I have?" leveling - the math prevails.

If you are isolated preflop then your opponent often has approximately 30% with his bad call.

If you are three to the flop then you are often flipping with the other two guys' bad calls. And one of them might hit!

Also I never take it personally. It's almost never personal LOL.....Oh, he smashed the flop? - well great - I needed the action to make more chips.

Good luck !

Ninja Jyraia

Ninja Jyraia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to listen to jazz music.It really helps me concentrate on the game.And don´t forget to breath in deeply.It helps too.

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In any gambling, controlling emotions is extremely difficult, and why? because most gambling is to experience these very emotions!

M

MrTerek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of these days I made a decision, after the next final table I will buy a boxing dummy, since there is no more power to keep it inside.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of these days I made a decision, after the next final table I will buy a boxing dummy, since there is no more power to keep it inside.

You dont know how much I feel you.. I am checking prices, but I fear that a boxing dummy wont be enough and I am going to break it from just an AJ>AK bad beat hand:hmpf:

Poker Mike gave the best answer so far, math doesnt change from a bad beat. Keep playing by them and especially only by them when you think you are tilting.

G

goten3k

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Try this book the mental game of poker

M

MrTerek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You dont know how much I feel you.. I am checking prices, but I fear that a boxing dummy wont be enough and I am going to break it from just an AJ>AK bad beat hand:hmpf:

Poker Mike gave the best answer so far, math doesnt change from a bad beat. Keep playing by them and especially only by them when you think you are tilting.

Really? 70th from 5300 buyin 11$ sb AQ < CO AJ

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is impossible to play without emotions, but it is possible and very necessary to control them. For example, I tell myself that everyone makes mistakes and I am no exception. I criticize myself for making mistakes, but also praise myself for winning. Emotions are not harmful if they are as much as you need.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that with the experience of the game comes the ability to control yourself and your emotions.

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Emotions come with every hand of cards. They can't be controlled. At the end of the game you can only admire victory or ask his wife or a close friend to break your head rolling pin because of your stupid game.

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it easier to keep my emotional responses checked if I forgo a hand or two after a stressful moment and do something physical like take a two minute walk around.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have different emotions when I win a good tournament somewhere, then I have emotions of joy and that's great, I'm very glad, but when I play a good tournament and fly out in front of the prize zone, then I have emotions of anger and I want something to break but I try restrain emotions and play next!

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have different emotions when I win a good tournament somewhere, then I have emotions of joy and that's great, I'm very glad, but when I play a good tournament and fly out in front of the prize zone, then I have emotions of anger and I want something to break but I try restrain emotions and play next!
You are right. Better buy a sport expander. It will distract from the victory with a few bottles of alcohol and help to restrain anger. Just don't use it as a slingshot to the birds.:D

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone asked this question on a Daniel Negreanu stream a while ago. And his advice was to meditate

soccer1996

soccer1996

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes it is very difficult to control your emotions, but do not despair when you lose, your time will come necessarily.

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to play without emotion?

Buy a bot?
[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]Seriously, without emotion - why play?
[/FONT]

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

After you get through the "what do I think he has? what do I think he thinks I have?" leveling - the math prevails.

If you are isolated preflop then your opponent often has approximately 30% with his bad call.

If you are three to the flop then you are often flipping with the other two guys' bad calls. And one of them might hit!

Also I never take it personally. It's almost never personal LOL.....Oh, he smashed the flop? - well great - I needed the action to make more chips.

Good luck !

Excepct math really doesn't work in no limit games.

I'll just price you out of every pot and never go to showdown.

Limit poker is a science, no limit poker is an art.

F

fastjob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good luck !

I have to stay focused and make Mathematics win, thank you!

F

fastjob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is impossible to play without emotions, but it is possible and very necessary to control them. For example, I tell myself that everyone makes mistakes and I am no exception. I criticize myself for making mistakes, but also praise myself for winning. Emotions are not harmful if they are as much as you need.
This is the way.

F

fastjob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it easier to keep my emotional responses checked if I forgo a hand or two after a stressful moment and do something physical like take a two minute walk around.

It's a good option.Thank you for sharing your ideas.:top:

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think that you need to play only for money that you can afford to spend. In this case, your emotions will also be under control.