Status
Not open for further replies.
Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep things easy......3xBB is it period. No matter position.

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost always a big raise. Either 4 or 4.5 BB's. It is a very strong hand and you want one other person to come in with you so that you make some profit from it. Same advise as with every hand you must be willing to fold if your caller hits big on the flop.

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
4 or 5 times BB raise

With big pocket pairs I like to raise big so that there's not a lot of people seeing the flop because any of them could flop to pair. Try not to limp w/ big hands because a lot of times you will end up losing to a terrible hand. :D

andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the table you're playing. In general terms it is a good idea to raise to avoid to many people to see the flop.
But if you feel that someone would raise after you you can try a call.

B

billyth3kid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you know your not going to fold no matter what... might as well raise half stack so you are only giving 1 caller 1/3 (implied pot odds) even if they have a pocket pair and are looking to hit the set they looking for 1/8 odds or better, the problem with raising 3 to 4 times the blinds... if ur stack is really deep compaired to the blinds (150x BB) your going to give those mid pocket pair guys increadible implied odds 1/37 for 1 caller better if more than 1

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You realize this thread's like a million years old right?

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its a level thing.

When people ask how to play a certain hand, I think the advice given should be the basic ABC works 90% of the time answer.

As a player develops he becomes better at reading hands and situations and can then start to break the rules.

But you have to learn to walk before you can run.

Players who vear from the standard play at low stakes, usually do so at their own peril because their opponents do not play correctly (in a way designed to maximise winnings) so they are very difficult to out level.

If someone asks a basic question, I think it deserves a basic answer as the player's post flop skills are probably not that good yet. This will develop over time, at which point the player will know how and when he can break the rules.

Offering alternatives just confuses the issue.

Therefore I do think the correct play, for anyone who asks... is to raise.

agreed. if you dont know not to go broke in a limped pot then learn to walk first. make it 3-4x to go.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing these hands have so many variables? from the Time, to the money, to the players & position ? Playing these type hands are a individual call on each every time you play them? Is this correct? 5TR8 FLUSH , Cardplayer52, Stu_Ungar

Not really.

There are factors which change the default play, but the reason there is a default play is that there is one particular play which is superior a greater percentage of the time.

Most player would benefit from simply playing the default lines.

Once a play understands why a default play is superior, then he can use that understanding to play differently when the situation allows. However even with this deeper understanding he will still be playing the majority of the time in the default manor.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
deleted some of the posts

Status
Not open for further replies.