How to play 22

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with two ducks, I would be ok, and you can call on 3bet in cases of a normal stack, in the position if your stack is large, you can go all in. Forcing players to fold, in cases if your stack is less than 10 bb, then you can go quietly all in , of course, if only nobody in front of you did this, then it is better to discard the card and wait for the ace.

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
22 is not a good good hand. kinda possible to be beaten from the board. every hit beats you. it is possible to play but very hard.

Normally i play it seldom

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Set-minning, or be agressive on pre-flop and flop if doesn't work it's an easy fold

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi dear friends,Sorry for my english,How i shoud play 22 in position, and out position, thx for anwers
:eek::D

Fold unless you can see a flop cheaply to hit trips, and then fold when you miss.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not play 22 in early position too many player behind to call.

Late position is where I play 22 to call a cheap flop or raise to steal blinds if no one opens the betting.

TheSeaWizard

TheSeaWizard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it comes to 22, it's a MUCH better hand than even AK offsuit and slightly better than AK suited. At least when it comes to preflop, or on the button. If you have to, go all-in preflop with 22 but in other situations such as UTG, it's better to just limp-in and wait for a set before continuing.
I love pocket 2's! It's so deceiving when you hit your set. Just make sure that you're not investing everything preflop.

Yeah, 22 is such an underrated hand and so many fail to understand how profitable the baby pair can be. Especially if you flop bottom set, or even bottom quads against Jacks.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it comes to 22, it's a MUCH better hand than even AK offsuit and slightly better than AK suited. At least when it comes to preflop, or on the button. If you have to, go all-in preflop with 22 but in other situations such as UTG, it's better to just limp-in and wait for a set before continuing.

Yeah, 22 is such an underrated hand and so many fail to understand how profitable the baby pair can be. Especially if you flop bottom set, or even bottom quads against Jacks.

That's exactly what I mean! It's a made hand vs any Ace combo.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Such a good hand that if it stays a pair its beaten by any other pair? Chances of hitting a set are 7.5:1. So let's say you go all in with your pair of 2's and you get 2 callers and find yourself up against 4 over cards. Your opponents are roughly 71% to win better waiting for a better pair in my opinion. Pocket pairs should only be played cheaply from late position.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer to bet everything in any position with par 22, after all the chance of an opponent having any other pair in hand is very low and doing all in, maybe I can play against just another player. Doing limp will attract more players and decrease the odds.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to bet everything in any position with par 22, after all the chance of an opponent having any other pair in hand is very low and doing all in, maybe I can play against just another player. Doing limp will attract more players and decrease the odds.

Your then basically flipping a coin if you get called by 1 player if they don't have a pair and if they do your a massive dog.

F

Freerollpass

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If pot odds and Implied Odds are good you can set mine them. And you should them if your opponents fold to a high percentage of c-bets. If thats not the case i would fold 22

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first important thing is to stay true to your type of game. If you are usually aggressive, then you have every reason to be once again because even a small pair has great potential for success. Do not forget that most poker hands are rubbish hands so enjoy!

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2-2 is a hand against cleanings of A-K or Q-A and the game just checking in hoping that there is no more remorse and enduring the aggressiveness of the opponent and limping are ready:cool:

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Yes don't worry,we're all here talking in broken French))),two 2 mainly try to throw in the trash,or if no one has raised).good luck!

TheSeaWizard

TheSeaWizard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such a good hand that if it stays a pair its beaten by any other pair? Chances of hitting a set are 7.5:1. So let's say you go all in with your pair of 2's and you get 2 callers and find yourself up against 4 over cards. Your opponents are roughly 71% to win better waiting for a better pair in my opinion. Pocket pairs should only be played cheaply from late position.
May I ask specifically what overcards you are referring to? I'm not sure if you're referring to AK, AQ, AJ or even as low as J10. Since those are generally the hands I see people calling with.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
May I ask specifically what overcards you are referring to? I'm not sure if you're referring to AK, AQ, AJ or even as low as J10. Since those are generally the hands I see people calling with.

As per the attached pics any 4 overcards

20190213 080652

20190213 080606

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A10, QJ and J10, I could see people calling with or maybe even K9 but 65 or 67 however is unlikely unless it's a tournament with hella huge blinds in the later levels.

True but it's just to show your way behind anything if 2 players call.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi dear friends,Sorry for my english,How i shoud play 22 in position, and out position, thx for anwers
:eek::D

I don't think you should try to see a flop with them in early or middle position.If you hit your set you know what to do. I play them from any position as I was born on the 22nd, doesn't work out well for me.Good Luck :D

viktor1867

viktor1867

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
2 2 is not the best hand.how can it be better than AK or AQ...

zekubiki

zekubiki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in position raise or push preflop, in out position - fold