ELPRIIINCIPE

ELPRIIINCIPE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I once again find myself experiencing a major drought in my poker game, now I would like some advice on:
- How to overcome these long losing streaks?
- What can I do to not get discouraged during it?
- Should I retire for a while?
- What do they usually do to get out of these difficulties?

I wait for your advice my friends

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What has served me the most in particular is what you yourself suggest, you should retire for a while. Until it is necessary, I would say if you ask my advice, not less than 3 months. I think it is more than enough to calm down a little, renew energy, and start with new spirits. Regards.

ELPRIIINCIPE

ELPRIIINCIPE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
What has served me the most in particular is what you yourself suggest, you should retire for a while. Until it is necessary, I would say if you ask my advice, not less than 3 months. I think it is more than enough to calm down a little, renew energy, and start with new spirits. Regards.
Thank you very much for taking a little time to respond.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, I think that stopping for a while and taking a break plays a role in recovering from repeated losses

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
From my experience, I can tell you to take a break for a week - don’t study, don’t play, don’t even watch streams - and the brain will do everything itself (cleaning, rebooting - you can call it different things), it certainly knows what it needs. Good luck!💪💪

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can try to reduce the buy in, if you play MTT you can switch a little to SNG where the variance is smaller, and take a few days to rest a little

martinoni

martinoni

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Take a deep breath and start over again

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like to take a break for a week or two at least. Then, when starting back up, have some performance goals like playing a disciplined game with strict starting hands and only playing in certain table positions.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
try playing a different format (ie. if you play MTT's, why not try playing 100bb deepstack cash games, 6-max for awhile... even at the lowest of limits).
OR try taking up some mixed game play (RAZZ, O8, STUD H/L, HORSE, etc.).

OR consider spending more time on studying. Set up a study schedule that is organized. It's always more fun to win and studying is the key to get there (of course it's not a guarantee in the short term but it most definitely is in the long term).

As far as taking time off... I disagree! If you're motivated to play, then why not keep playing? (learn to deal with variance... it is something that needs to be accepted, dealt with, understood, etc. TIme off doesn't make it get better or go away and it doesn't change our reaction to it then next time it comes around (same goes for an extended downswing).

Another thing about taking time off (firstly I don't take time off anymore). I have found that even after having played poker for many, many years, even when I take a week off, I can feel it. (ring rust). And two weeks off... pff.. even worse. Honestly I play much better when I play OFTEN... but also try to keep some balance in my life (take part in other activities, social, etc. and try to work on my health too... in all areas).

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I once again find myself experiencing a major drought in my poker game, now I would like some advice on:

Everyone has bad days. I just take a break at times like this, for a week or more. Resting, doing other things. Personally, it always helps me, I think it will help you too :)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

We all go through losing streaks, It is just part of the game, some days I can finish in the money, every game I play, Some days I cannot get any where near the Bubble let alone a Final Table, But with careful thought about your bankroll and managing it correctly you can survive the losing streaks and come back stronger.
Taking a break from Poker and thinking about where your weakness is can identify any problem you may have and give you time to correct it. Playing freerolls can help you to understand where there might be a problem and of course will cost you nothing to play. Just don't give up on it entirely. I spend a lot of time reading books and watching Videos of other players, I just play for the enjoyment I get from the game, Winning or losing then becomes less of a problem.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Taking some time is good to come back with a fresh head and start over

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips

I would suggest def break from poker for a while esp for few months at least. Spend time with your loved ones and nature. Immerse yourself in another hobby and then come back hungry. This kind of variance is normal in poker and happens to all poker players

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Volume is the only cure for variance.

If you feel burned out, yes, take some rest. But in the long run: if you want to see your real win rate you have to be able to play through downswings.

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Stop playing poker for a while,then start going little buy-in tournaments.If you win these,then go on bigger tournaments.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how long of a losing streak? If its just a day or two, no worries, if its like weeks, examine your game and your in particular your starting cards. Maybe play a bit tighter?

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know that some players go to virtual money tables after losses and take their hearts off there.

ELPRIIINCIPE

ELPRIIINCIPE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Según mi experiencia, puedo decirte que te tomes un descanso de una semana (no estudies, no juegues, ni siquiera mires transmisiones) y el cerebro hará todo por sí solo (limpiar, reiniciar, puedes llamarlo de otra manera). cosas), ciertamente sabe lo que necesita. ¡Buena suerte!💪💪
I really like it, I took a break but I was still focused on poker, I will try to do it just like you say, a reset week

ELPRIIINCIPE

ELPRIIINCIPE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Me gusta tomarme un descanso de al menos una o dos semanas. Luego, cuando vuelvas a empezar, ten algunos objetivos de rendimiento, como jugar un juego disciplinado con manos iniciales estrictas y jugar solo en ciertas posiciones de la mesa.
Thank you very much, I appreciate your advice.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Everyone can have a bad period. The main thing is to control yourself. A good translation is bound to come.

ELPRIIINCIPE

ELPRIIINCIPE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
intenta jugar en un formato diferente (es decir, si juegas MTT, ¿por qué no intentas jugar partidas en efectivo deepstack de 100 bb, 6-max por un tiempo... incluso con los límites más bajos)?
O intenta jugar algún juego mixto (RAZZ, O8, STUD H/L, HORSE, etc.).

O considere dedicar más tiempo a estudiar. Establecer un horario de estudio que esté organizado. Siempre es más divertido ganar y estudiar es la clave para llegar allí (claro que no es una garantía a corto plazo, pero definitivamente sí lo es a largo plazo).

En cuanto a tomarme un tiempo libre... ¡no estoy de acuerdo! Si estás motivado para jugar, ¿por qué no seguir jugando? (Aprende a lidiar con la variación... es algo que necesita ser aceptado, tratado, comprendido, etc. El tiempo libre no mejora o desaparece y no cambia nuestra reacción ante ello la próxima vez). se recupera (lo mismo ocurre con una mala racha prolongada).

Otra cosa sobre tomarme tiempo libre (primero ya no tomo tiempo libre). He descubierto que incluso después de haber jugado al poker durante muchos, muchos años, incluso cuando me tomo una semana libre, puedo sentirlo. (óxido del anillo). Y dos semanas de descanso... pff.. peor aún. Honestamente, juego mucho mejor cuando juego A MENUDO... pero también trato de mantener algo de equilibrio en mi vida (participar en otras actividades sociales, etc. y tratar de trabajar en mi salud también... en todas las áreas).
I really appreciate your opinion, I find your proposal very interesting,

ELPRIIINCIPE

ELPRIIINCIPE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Todos pasamos por rachas de derrotas, es solo parte del juego, algunos días puedo terminar en el dinero, cada juego que juego, algunos días no puedo acercarme a la burbuja y mucho menos a una mesa final, pero si lo pienso cuidadosamente Con tu Bankroll y administrándolo correctamente podrás sobrevivir a las rachas de derrotas y volver más fuerte.
Tomarse un descanso del póquer y pensar en dónde está su debilidad puede identificar cualquier problema que pueda tener y darle tiempo para corregirlo. Jugar freerolls puede ayudarte a comprender dónde podría haber un problema y, por supuesto, no te costará nada jugar. Simplemente no te rindas por completo. Paso mucho tiempo leyendo libros y viendo videos de otros jugadores, solo juego para disfrutar del juego. Ganar o perder se convierte en un problema menor.
What book can you recommend to me? If I can get it online much better or if by chance you have one in pdf I would appreciate it if you would share it with me

ELPRIIINCIPE

ELPRIIINCIPE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I love seeing how these people have taken the time to stop by here and leave their advice. I really appreciate that they have done so. I have read each and every one of the comments and I am going to follow this good advice, thank you very much, I hope I can overcome this bad streak and stay afloat

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I hope I can overcome this bad streak and stay afloat
'KNOW' that you can. And that you WILL stay afloat. And you can (you will) be able to use it to your benefit, doing what is necessary to take your game to the next level.
Enjoy the journey!