Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I once again find myself experiencing a major drought in my poker game, now I would like some advice on:
- How to overcome these long losing streaks?
- What can I do to not get discouraged during it?
- Should I retire for a while?
- What do they usually do to get out of these difficulties?

I wait for your advice my friends
I am a big fan of taking a break when the game is getting to you. I will take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks break from playing.

What I find interesting is your comment "I once again find myself experiencing a major drought". We all go through ups and downs in the game but a Major drought should be a really rare thing. Now yes you maybe just running bad or being unlucky but a Major drought in a long poker playing carer should again be rare if you a good player. Now there is good news here for you and you are at a great time to do this.

When I am in a downturn and feeling low like you are now I do take a break like I said from playing but not from poker. Use this time to become a better player. 1st I would suggest reviewing a lot of your recent play. Especially your biggest losing and and winning ones. Yes I said the winning ones too. Be honest with your self when looking at these hands. Think of it as helping someone and be very critical of what you are looking at. Them look at the staring hands you have been playing and how you have been playing them. Many times in my down swings I find I have been making mistake and sometimes big ones. Then check out your preflop all in confrontations. Look and see if they were good or bad plays but also track how many you won and lost. If you making good plays but loosing say 65% of you all in coin coin flips and say 70% hand you should be winning like AK v AQ but your only winning 50% this can show you your just being unlucky if your playing well.

By doing this you can review and see if your mistakes are the issue or if your just running badly. I finf 70% of the time my downswings are my errors not bad luck but if they are your errors and now you know what they are you can fix them and get out of the downturn.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice is going to be a variation of, what others have already said. First to second Luvepoker you need to be honest with yourself about the possibility, that you might not be a winning player in the games, you play. Or maybe you can beat the opponents, but you cant beat the rake. After all there have to be more losers than winners, so its surpricingly how often people take it for granted, that they must be among the winners. If chances are, you are not beating your games, then the solution might be one or more of the following:

* Study and become better
* Improve your game selection
* Move down
* Accept that you are not playing to win but mainly for fun

Assuming that you have valid reasons to think, you are a winning player and just going through a period of bad luck, then I am not a big proponent of taking a prolonged break. But its certainly a good idea to scale down and take a step back including:

* Moving down
* Playing less tables at a time
* Playing shorter sessions
* Playing games with less variance

CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
I understand your frustration with losing streaks in poker. To overcome them, review your play, maintain a positive mindset, and consider adjusting your bankroll management. Taking a short break to recharge can help, and when you return, start with lower-stakes games to rebuild confidence. Remember, every player faces challenges; the key is commitment, continuous learning, and perseverance. Your breakthrough could be closer than you think. We've been on the same boat. Good luck at the tables!

Tomash7788

Tomash7788

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
It really depends how much you play. I sometimes had 5 tables at a time and it was too much for me. I can do it for few hours like that but I need pause after that. I am most comfortable by doing maybe 1 tourney per day after the work and more at weekends. Also if it is too much or to stressful I do just the weekend ones when I have more free time and am more relaxed.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are always bad or negative streaks, I think there is no way to avoid them and there is no way to get out of that situation quickly. I recommend you leave for a few days. do other things that have nothing to do with poker. and then return with more strength and optimization.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a break. Review your hands and make sure you are playing a solid game.

Study more and go back to playing when you feel like it.

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
realizing that this is something to be expected, and focusing on the forest and not the trees ;)

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
My way of coping is by taking a break, it could be a week or just a couple of days. The important thing is to have a strong mind to get through those moments.