How much time do you spend analyzing your hands?

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, i think some people just believe, that there is no point in analyze any hands. Especially, if you are playing poker for a long time. For sure, it,s a good idea to make notes, but maybe this is just only for professional poker players.

J

Jlo111888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
none analyze it i play poker for free or for just few bucks i deposit on my poker account i am trying of my best to get a better ranking tourney :itsme:

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
reviewing poker hands

Good morning everyone.
I have to set aside more time to review my poker hands,
I spend a lot of time reviewing poker hands at the cash game zoom, nl2, nl5, nl10, nl50, nl100, nl200, nl500, you learn a lot by reviewing these hands, now reviewing my hands, I don't usually review, more now that I've read this question I will start to study my hands.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have 2, 2 hour study sessions a week.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I analyze my hand the next day before you start playing and it helps me to take a decision on future situations

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it has already happened to me when i make a mistake on a give hand. to think about this hand and analyze it in my head for a whole week. it's stronger than me. I only stop when I find the best strategy to adopt when I should replay this same spot again.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I do it after a session, with situations of interest. It is not as serious as it should be, I do not do analyzing sessions nor use software for it. I am a causal player.

But rather I run the hands in my head and judge was my line correct or not. If something is beyond the scope of what I can properly asses I then consult on line sources.

C

Chibude4040

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am just starting to play poker and I think that beginners should spend more time on theory than practice. It takes me about three hours a day to parse the hands.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am just starting to play poker and I think that beginners should spend more time on theory than practice. It takes me about three hours a day to parse the hands.

and how do you disassemble? what programs do you use?

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on position, # of players in the hand, and amount of bet for me.

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never spent much time analyzing my hands, except for those hands with which I was knocked out of the tournament or with which I lost a lot of chips. I guess I should start to devote more time to analyzing my hands, maybe this will really improve my game.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not know if you mean your hands right after betting or you mean your hands after a poker tournament. If you mean right before betting, as long as time stamp let, and if you mean after a tournament, usually think about the wrong desitions I made and try to correct for the next time, I take around half an hour thinking about them.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I study my hands 1 hour a day

S

Smally87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not have a definite time such as 1 or 2 hours to analyze my hands ... however I always try to analyze those hands in which I lost:D

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would recommend using the odds calculator in conjunction with statistics software. This way you can better understand your opponent's ranges and more accurately assess the strength of your hand. I recommend that you analyze your hands after each 1K of played hands

pykubepx111

pykubepx111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone, I didn’t do any hand analysis at all, and now when I want to devote more time to poker, I start parsing them. Before each session, I watch poker videos

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello it is very important after each game session you have to analyze the biggest jackpots that get involved lose or win to know what went wrong and try to improve your level:D

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually don't spend to much time on analyzing the cards. I just need 5-10 seconds. I know what cards i have and i know what combinations i can make, or what other combinations vbetter than minr can be made. And that's how i take a decision :))

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would recommend getting some sort of poker tracking system to be able to review your hands. As you play, you can mark hands that you want to go back and review. Being able to replay hands and think of how to play them from different directions can be very helpful. Try to take notes if possible about dynamics of the table to help in the review.

Since you don't have that. It is still helpful to use the odds calculator to review. There were many times I have done this and found on hands where I thought my opponent was an idiot for calling me, I was actually giving them the proper odds to continue in the hand.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands