How much do you spend to study Poker?

M

marcuswest26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally watch YouTube tutorial videos all the time. Also try to play at 1979 world series of poker and analyze my games. Recently read a book on poker strategies. I'm going to go to Las Vegas soon and win the jackpot.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I mainly watch videos and live streams from poker tournaments. The rest of the time is a practical game at the tables.:)

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I spend nothing to learn poker, just as I have spent nothing to learn chess, rummy, and other games. Before the internet, I always turned to a library to get my information, ,but now the internet makes my searching for information way easier. And available 24/7.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play a lot when you can be productive and show your best game, and learn a lot when you are not productive and unable to show your best game. While not the most optimal strategy, it is definitely the best strategy for most people.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I mostly spend 3 or 4 hours a week of experienced pros to get a better understanding of the game.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had a student period when I was just studying and not playing poker. Since then, however, I haven’t been very concerned with improving my poker game. Which is a big mistake, because learning, analysis is necessary every day.

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
why spend money? to study poker. everything is here. for poker

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I spent about 2-3 weeks learning the basics of the game. And later I studied and continue to learn during the game, on my own mistakes. Unfortunately, I do not currently have any free time to study.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to use the free material available on web. Have purchased couple of books. I prefer video tutorials, as its more easy to follow and understand.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes , after inumerable mathematical calculations , the precise amout has been counted to .............. $0 ( !!!???!!!:confused:)

.If I took it so far more seriously up to the point to pay 50$ or 100$ per month or 3 months or whatever so as to learn , in order to play better at JokerStar , that would be one kind of a Joke , the best ....

PS RNG evolves all the time (for some reasons..... ) , pls .....spare me ...

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Over the years, I have developed my own style of playing! Therefore, my study consists in analyzing the hands played the next day after the session and occasionally I watch streams or waters!

A

airvikki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to devote time for training, but it is sorely lacking. At the moment, it turns out only a couple of tournaments a day to play. That is why I am marking time, because I am not studying. You rarely get to watch streams. I hope that the situation will change a little and I will devote a little time to training.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, lots of my "poker information" I get online for free (YT videos, cardschat etc.) and the little money I do put in just buys a few poker books I'm interested in reading.

My bankroll is entirely from cardschat freeroll winnings, so technically all I really put into poker is my time, study and attention. Financially, if we don't count books, I don't think I've put in anything yet.

Granted, I'm only in freerolls and small homegames etc, but so far everything is all "poker money" anyway, so it doesn't financially interfere with my personal life negatively at all...and that is the way it should be :)

As I'll slowly put more into poker and move up in stakes, we'll see if I can keep my poker bankroll supplied only from my winnings etc.

janu0320

janu0320

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a little free time, besides poker, time is also spent on trading, but once a week I try to watch poker waters.

C

CourtJester

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most that you'll spend (and money well spent) is on the tables themselves. That's where you really learn. Everything else is out there for free as others have said.

Chris Wade

Chris Wade

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sometimes they pay me to study/learn.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently spent money on a preflop trainer called Preflop+, and so far it's been one of the best investments for me for getting a deeper understanding of marginal push/fold ranges and building combinatorics/on the fly equity calculation skills. If I find myself playing higher stakes I would probably invest in GTO+, DTO and possibly a BBZ subscription.

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never did spend money on how too play poker, I really don't know how I would, you can YouTube for free,g

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Sometime I look poker on Sport1 satellite channel or on online sites. But I don't give my money to learn how to play.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I've bought a couple of books and pay for HM3, but apart from that, there is so much free content available that still helps my game, I see no reason to sign up to a training site for the foreseeable future.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before, I read books, watched videos, played a lot, but I began to study programming and there was only time left for poker for rare MTT games.

regata123

regata123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I study the game of poker whenever possible .