How much do you spend to study Poker?

L

liviuplayspoker

Enthusiast
Total posts
Hey guys i just want to know that for fun, no metter if its No Limit Holdem, Omaha or Stud or other poker games.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Total posts
Awards
I used to buy books, and have subscriptions to bluff Magazine and Cardsplayer Magazine. That was when I was under the illusion that I was going to be good.

Now I use the forum here, watch free videos online and get Cardsplayer for free. ( they email me the latest downloadable copy each month.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Total posts
Same I used to buy up all the books. I also bought some software. I had SNGWIZ and Holdem Manager way back when. I havent played for money in over 10 years. I resently got interested in poker again. Im likely to buy a couple more books(Ed Millers 1% and Modern Poker Theory by Micheal Acevedo), not because Ill be playing for money again but just interested in poker theory. I also am considering buying GTO+.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Not super much maybe 1-2 hours a day and to go over some of my hands seeing what mistake i made or if i missed value on hands

V

vittopio

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Unfortunately, I have been spending very little time studying lately! I can watch poker streams, but mostly it's practice!

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Total posts
Now there is a lot of free material in the public domain. There would be a desire to study. Unfortunately, I do not have it)

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Hey guys i just want to know that for fun, no metter if its No Limit Holdem, Omaha or Stud or other poker games.
I study whenever I can. I like to understand more and more. I never intend to stop.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Basically, the information on the Internet is enough.

Please spend the money only when there is information that you
strongly feel that you should get this even if you pay for it .

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
I read books, there are a lot of them on the Internet now,... and then we'll see what the result will be

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win the PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
1-2 hours per week just watching YT videos of bencb and cardschat are definetely a good one

phoenixKK

phoenixKK

Rock Star
Total posts
I spend about three hours reading about poker on my weekends with all pleasure.Study poker is essencial for a good player.

C

casique31

Rock Star
Total posts
What is invested the most are the teaching hours, they are many hours of study and practice that we cannot measure in economic terms. Thank God today we find a lot of information and online courses and it is not so necessary to buy books

C

Comboss599

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
I think playing poker is like studing poker so i takes me every day 2-5 hours.

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Total posts
I don't spend nearly enough time studying. Unfortunately there are only so many hours in every day. But I'm making a real effort to improve my game. On average I probably spend 30 - 60 minutes at a time, maybe every second or third day.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Total posts
Awards
I try to play 1 or 2 MTTs 4 or 5 times a week, then I always take time after to review hands I lost or thought I did not play well - so maybe 5 hours/week reviewing.

black and

black and

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
UA
In general, I play poker about 5 days a week and spend about 4-5 hours a day playing. I think that each game session is a kind of learning for me, so I do not spend time studying the game.

H

hidayat1990

Enthusiast
Total posts
i don't need to spend on learning because there is nothing left to learn :p :D !!

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Not much, I usually do this while playing during breaks analyzing some replays

P

ph_il

Total posts
Awards
i used to read a ton of books.

now my 'studying' is watch twitch mtt highlights, listening to the player talk about the hand/their decision making, and me thinking 'hmmm, that makes sense.'

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Total posts
Hi friend, I don't spend money on any training programs or books, I sometimes watch poker broadcasts or free poker lessons, but this is when I have free time and I don't really want to run tables! I myself am a newcomer to poker and play not so long ago, for me poker is a game of pleasure and I do not strive to learn quickly but poor quality, I understand that you need to learn gradually and everything comes with experience! I don't have the goal of making poker every day, but sometimes I want to win some money, I like the spirit of rivalry more in poker and for me it's probably a sport more than a way to make a lot of money! If you want to learn poker, then it probably does not depend on how much time you spend on training, I think the main quality of training! I want to wish you good luck in all your endeavors and wish you great victories!

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Total posts
Hi!:hello:
2-3 hours a day for reading a book,viewing new articles on poker topics-a brief summary of what you read.:fisheye::icon_stud I can't bring myself to conduct a daily analysis of my sessions :motz:(I haven't mastered the technique yet.):icon_scra

Aguimonteiro

Aguimonteiro

Enthusiast
Total posts
I invest 12 hours a day studying, and this month I joined a reglife sng course, Yuri Martins community, it has been very worthwhile!

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Total posts

Hello friend.I am playing over 10 years poker .Poker is like life...sometimes you are high sometimes you are down, at the start i was a fish ,i couldnot fold monster hands like JJ qq,,,By practice over the months later ,the key is to know when to fold .So you can study and be ok ....every day you learn something new ,as pro said .Enjoy poker !!!!