How to make a good bluff?

S

Sacredoro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Must determine the type of opponents that you are up against and understand which ones are capable of folding hands better then yours and which players can and cannot be bluffed. Most weaker players just can and will not be bluffed, they will call you down with most any pair, these are not the players you are trying to bluff, good players can lay hands down and are capable of being bluffed

V

Vonick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a good bluff just requires your oponent dont have a very good hand.thats my opinion!

M

MikeyE8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get reads on your opponent and try to see what you can bluff. Make sure your have a hand that you are representing. If you're not representing a hand it likely a bad bluff. Also treat your hand like the hand you are representing and bet accordingly. Do not be afraid to bluff.

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once i was listening to a podcast with a professional poker player kinda explaining how to bluff and he said something very interesting that i didnt realize, he said that bluffing is like telling a story, you have to create a imaginary scenario before you do it, and when you do it you have to convince your opponents that your bluff has a solid background, you have to show them that there are 'facts' supporting the ideia of you having a stronger hand than them.

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get reads on your opponent and try to see what you can bluff. Make sure your have a hand that you are representing. If you're not representing a hand it likely a bad bluff. Also treat your hand like the hand you are representing and bet accordingly. Do not be afraid to bluff. :deal:

:rolleyes: Mikeys' post right here yo... it's fire... (sorry...had to add the icon of dude pointing to "straight truth"... hope you don't mind...)

...summed up... short, sweet and simple...
BETTER than reading manuals, watching videos or listening to mathematical boneheads boring you death trying to explain how...
+1

Last edited:
M

mycashier

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluff when in position and when they check... makes them think hard about what you really have :)

P

PokahAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone poker player is bluffing, because it's the part of the game. In my case I'm not bluffing often, usually I'm playing MTT's and bluffing can pass once or twice. It depends what kind of opponent you have at your table.

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

Well as in many courses you have exploited it the most reconmendable is to visualize your opponent, not to do it at the beginning of the tournaments and against many rivals, my serious advice is to try to have your semifaroles be accompanied by a project ...

P

ParagonPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its all about consistency. If you didn't bet two diamonds on the flop, and you go to bluff a flush when the third one comes, they're always calling you with a pair. Think the entire hand as a bluff, not just when a nice card comes out.

P

Pessoa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play it just like you got it, if you play it different then you play it normals if you got it, someone will notice

UJaseN

UJaseN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it depends on the situation and what kind of a player you are playing against , and is it worthy to bluff.
In any situations if you raise/re-raise pre-flop its easyer to bluff on the flop/turn/river.... because your opponents will think you have a big hand.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must know weakness on your opp.
This will be good on live tourney,but on online tourney you must follow the game and your table.
So you must find target and take his money.

C

catadur

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pay attention to calling station ...dont bluff them

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good bluff is a bluff that is not suspected as a bluff. Therefore it must be understood that 1) it greatly reduces your credibility if you are being cought bluffing 2) if you are aggressive too often to truly have something. So do not bluff too often. Bluffing is not a profit strategy, just an option that sometimes can be used.

D

Dan Perkins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on situation and what type of players are at the table. It is to your advantage to be aggressive whenever possible.

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To make a good bluff.

1. Know your opponents
2. Know what you want to rep
3. Play your opponents range
4. Semi bluff on turns
5. Learn your spots
6. Tell a story
7. Bet sizing
8. Stack sizes
9. Are you on tilt or is this in your game
10. Can i get better hands to fold
11. Do i get any folds?
12. My range and opponents range
13. Game flow
14. Tells
15. Stats
16. Player tendencies
17. Headsup is better than multiway
18. Pot odds
19. Table image
20. Will this lead to tilt if i fail?

okay pheww named 20 things

Thats an answer sir. I will do write the same thing lollll Its hard to tell on a sheet what is right here in your head but you did it right. Exacly like my sens.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a good bluff just requires your oponent dont have a very good hand.thats my opinion!

Playful here agrees with this. It is totally dependent on your opponents hands making them believe you have the best hand..:eek:

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I agree... somewhat... but would add that a good-bluff sometimes also requires a "thinking opponent"...:smile:

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I agree... somewhat... but would add that a good-bluff sometimes also requires a "thinking opponent"...
C:\Users\tmakkone\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

Even though I agree with both, I can’t but add that if villain thinks too much the bluff fails too :rolleyes:

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Is when you manage to detect a doubt or weakness in your opponents

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My most profitable bluffs are reverse bluffs following the laying of the proper image.

First you make a couple of steals then get caught in a poor bluff that doesn't cost you too much, but one that everybody takes note of.

then tighten up a bit till you get the goods and overplay the hand a bit & you're assured a caller due to the image you've built.

cha-ching.....

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All tools should be used in poker, but often get involved in dangerous bluff!

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To bluff was successful must be very good to explore the opponent,his range of hands.
Do not to bluff against several opponents. Your position is very important too

ElmenhorsteR

ElmenhorsteR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff is part of poker :) You should learn to bluff! And when you playing "head up" i think its very important thing.