How to make a good bluff?

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be cool and do not show any emotions! :)

I

illind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I seldom bluff. When I do it depends on position and the stakes.

P

Pawa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff when there is an inspiration and a game in other cases is felt I lose.

H

hcpalli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Make sure you are betting when you have draws to flushes or straights with overcards. If there is both a flush and straight draw on the board. Lets say you are waiting for a flush and the turn completes a straight you can represent the straight and still have equity against him even if he has the straight himself.

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Only occasionally bluff against a player's one that plays only on security

L

ludomaniaco24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the way to make a good bluff is to think that one has the winning cards of course hay to be careful against the kind of rival you go some without cren or start of the play and the whole inn with nothing

christopherlouorlina

christopherlouorlina

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A good bluff is a timed bluff..

kenzohim

kenzohim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most important is read your opp. ,decide his range... u know his range will more easy to bluff ! Top pair is hard to call with big bet !!

kenzohim

kenzohim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Forget one more important thing !
Don't bluff donkeys ! They are unbluffable !
Also u need your bluff story make sence !
Flop K 7 6 u don't bet the flop ,n river card is K
U bet in river ,no one will believe u!

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Everything depends on the situation and the opponents to be able to act in the right way

Jauheni Danilenka

Jauheni Danilenka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on who you are playing at the table. There are individuals who do not hesitate players call your bet with any hand, there are the hidden players. Also, a lot depends on the board.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A good bluff should be timed and well thought out in advance.

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluff when you have more chips than the other then more often bluff

DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,
I think if you want to bluff you should wait for the good situation , and for the good board where you can to bluf , but remember to make a good bluff you should to risk. Don't try to bluff at every board where you didn't have anything try to wait for the right situation.

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
here so I'm bluffing! Enlarge aggression by the river

Anki_KB

Anki_KB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If youre opponent raises preflop and on the flop he also raise, but on the turn he checks you can bet and probably he will fold on turn or river.
It works for me the best is to bluff when there are cards that can give you flush or straigt

but be ware of those that do just that beacause they want you to bluff and they got a really good hand and then they got you in the trap!

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So it's hard it's hard to tell , need to see the situation , how many opponents , how they played during a particular session . there are many factors why you need to read the theory ... I read an article about Negreanu bluff

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I generally not a big bluffer. Though I do my fair share of them. When I get river and hit nothing but air and I'm in late position multi player or HU early/late and I get the sense that the other player(s) wants to check I will make a sizeable bet to encourage the bluff.
I like to look at my opponent's hands to see they are reaching for chips or making checking motion prematurely. That's a tell for me.
I tend to do this subconscious too so I try to keep my hands under the table once I am in the hand and it goes beyond the flop.
Preflop I try to fake others out by pretending I want to fold my cards with my hand motion I generally do not like to reach for chips to give off any tells

scorpi224

scorpi224

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is a major thing in this game , i would always bluff when i have the opportunity but it also depends on your stake if you're the highest for example or close to that you should definitely scare the table with your raises and make them think you do have the best hand

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I make a bluff with few opponents and if they are several noticed that they are playing in a passive way, although it is a bluff accompanied by a project so if any player even has a tire on the other side of Steal my boat

A

Ametist17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most important style of play of opponents

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is best with a very small bank, since no one really wants to compete with you for it.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When im looking to bluff i first consider my current table image. If im already playing "loosely" i would refrain from trying any major bluffs, how ever if i am portraying a tight image i try bluffing with more confidence knowing i would be successful at stealing the pot majority of the time