demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
JJ's it's not worth to risk except your are in a good position and late on tournament or short stack I usually make a small bet when I am not in position but depends who you play with

J

Jenya Zemlyanukhin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the position at the table

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
UTG, MP1 very often beat over pair this hand

Andrei Nesterenko1

Andrei Nesterenko1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the stage of the tournament and the aggressiveness of players at the table, usually 3 bets or all in, in rare folds

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
open raise, 3bet, and fold to 4bet if there is a nitty player

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very carefully!

Just because the face cards start at 10, we're really JUST talking about ten thirteenths in strength.

Nothing exceptionally special to me about JJ vs 99 or QQ

I do love J 10 over JJ, nice straight potential, but I'd either bet half stack if in position? and alcohol was involved? Or I'd be careful to watch the play.

I'm a novice but I have learned when you have a nice pocket pair pre flop?

It can pay to chase people out of the post initially, really improves you odds.

So, JJ ? I might bet half the stack or 1/4 to chase people out that know they just don't want to start dating the card turnout that hand? and pending the flop, if 2/3 are under J? I'd bet 1/4 stack again. If MORE are above J? I'd bet less.

skiptomyloot

skiptomyloot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing pocket jacks like any top pair . Different structures makes all the difference on how you approach . You are always making adjustments with your hand as your stack develops or demolish. Having a plan ahead makes it easier to manuever or dodge trouble .

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the pre-flop I double my bet and if I see smaller cards on the flop, I bet 65% of the Bank, if the opponent re-raises my bet, I fold the cards, the continuation of the game for an expensive amount does not make sense.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cash or Tournament and a dozen other factors.It's such a vague question that it cant be answered.So the best way is to post specific hands you played with JJ and get feedback from people.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not easy

This is not an easy question. I believe jacks may very well be the hardest hand to play in poker. I would like to say that I play jacks aggressive preflop but that is not always the case. Sometimes I will play jacks as small as possible until after the flop and then go from there. Not an easy hand to play at all. Good luck !

LenilsonF7

LenilsonF7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally, when I am in possession of a "JJ", I rise on the button and UTG 3bet, to show the strength of my hole cards before the flop with the intention of reducing the number of players in the hand, but always trying to control pot in order to make a set or a possible sequence.

W

wacosteel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always raising with it but rarely re-raising.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on what type of tournament you play. It is also important to understand how your opponents play at the table. Obviously, you need to take into account your position at the table. Good luck.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ loses so much to overcards when played to the river, i usually 3 bet, assess the board, if there is one overcard, i will consider a mid range conti bet to indicate getting value, any reraise will often get a fold

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How dou you play JJ pre flop??

Not enough info man.

Cash game, tournament, SnG?

If cash, how deep are you, how deep are your opponents, are they loose or tight, what is your position on the table, has anyone else raised the BB yet?

More info needed and he answer is always: "it depends"

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many diffrent ways deepending on BB/Position/Tournament stage.....

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
How dou you play JJ pre flop??

Hello!

For this hand JJ can be talked a lot ... but the more important is how to play it before the flop? You have to decide how to play it, the chips are yours, I can give only a few sample answers to your question!

1.Depends where you play and what are your goals in this game!

2.If you are the first to move 4BB or 5BB raise!

3.If there is a raise before you, make a four times higher raise (if you have enough chips, if you do not have enough,go all-in!)

4.If there is an all-in against you, call!

5.You can go all-in whenever you want!

6.You can call with a minimum bet!

7.Of course folding is also an option!

Success! :)

Mikica1122

Mikica1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the chips. How many people are still in the game, it's a question with many answers to play how you think it is best and good luck :)

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good for a shove if you only have a few big blinds left. Usually I would raise if nobody has raised in front, might be worth as a 3 bet but if someone else 3 bet I wouldn't 4 bet - would probably just call to see the flop.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on your stack. Largestack you will be able to open raise. Shortstack is shove