How do You Play AA - This thread is a lie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

lmao

This from a guy named "Joebob"....;)

You obviously never checked out what I do.

But this link is a cool song, I have to say....

So if I combine your posts to me in this thread, I am an old, boring conventional and conservative, but still a young good looking country singer.

Best of 2 worlds I guess....

W

wilk10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ok since this post is about beginners playing monsters i'm going to ask you what you think about these hands:

2€ NLHE full ring on PS:

EP (30BB) calls 0.02 (loose, not much info)
MP (100+BB) raises 0.08 (8/7/50 over 80+ hands, saw him play only JJ, QQ so far)
Hero (BTN) (100BB+) with AKo calls 0.08 ???? didn't 3b cause i put him on a strong pair and didnt want to 5b shove cause we both had 100+BB, plus i had position postflop.
was it right?

and this one, same table later on:
villain is loose but not fish, not many info, played only a few hands and there was already a bit of history: he check/raised me twice on the flop and i folded with air, he maybe thought i was weak and bluffed me.

CO (70BB approx) calls 0.02
Hero (BTN) (100+BB) with KK raises 0.08
blinds fold
CO calls 0.06

flop: A84 rainbow
CO bets 0.10
Hero calls 0.10 ???????? should i raise? i called because of the history, i didnt want to be 3b and he might have had an 8 or a 4 or was just bluffing me once more

turn: 9c (now 2 clubs)
CO: checks
Hero: bets 0.39 ????
CO: calls 0.39

river: 6 not a club
CO: bets 0.70 and is all in
Hero: folds

ok, he most likely had an ace, but was i supposed to raise the flop? and check back the turn floating or giving up?

and to give my two cents on the discussion before i'd say sarcasm is really ok as long as it's counterbalanced by some real answers (same person or another), i like this forum cause i feel i can ask my donk questions and still get patient answers, especially cause i have no poker mates in real life (that sounds so sad...).

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok since this post is about beginners playing monsters i'm going to ask you what you think about these hands:

2€ NLHE full ring on PS:

MP (100+BB) raises 0.08 (8/7/50 over 80+ hands, saw him play only JJ, QQ so far)
Hero (BTN) (100BB+) with AKo calls 0.08 ???? didn't 3b cause i put him on a strong pair and didnt want to 5b shove cause we both had 100+BB, plus i had position postflop.
was it right?

Was it right? Did you have a plan postflop? Like, bet/raise any A-K as well as low dry flop to rep a set, re evaluate if he re raises? On the other hand at 2nl repping a set will often be ignored by overpairs. But my point is, sure its right if you had a reason and a plan postflop. I think 3betting pre is a better move tho, if he calls you can comfortably put him on AK-AQ maybe even AJs depending on how he sees you??, QQ-22 (IDK if he plays all PP here, but at least to 99-88) maybe KQs. He is 4 betting AA KK almoste certain, and just taking it now aint bad.

villain is loose but not fish (IMO anyone not playing full stacks at 2nl is a fish) , not many info, played only a few hands and there was already a bit of history: he check/raised me twice on the flop and i folded with air, he maybe thought i was weak and bluffed me.

blinds fold
CO calls 0.06

CO bets 0.10
Hero calls 0.10 ???????? should i raise? i called because of the history, i didnt want to be 3b and he might have had an 8 or a 4 or was just bluffing me once more

How often does he raise pre? If a lot - I am assuming this is true - he has an A here only a small % of the time, and he likes to c/r you, I raise/shove. You have enough equity AND you folded to his c/r 2x already, he is calling your shove here with worse (as well as folding enough) to make this move correct here IMO. Against loose opponents, KK is the nutz enough pre

Hero: folds I am also calling here with 1.85 in the pot and villains image, his line so far, your hand is better enough of the time and you are getting better than 2/1 pot odds, insta call. You cant put this much in to fold here, your turn raise has now committed you to going all in vs him as well as being altogether too small, you should have bet bigger turn.

ok,he most likely had an ace, but was i supposed to raise the flop? YES, then the rest of the hand is pretty much taken care of, unless he calls pre, which I doubt. and check back the turn floating or giving up?

and to give my two cents on the discussion before i'd say sarcasm is really ok as long as it's counterbalanced by some real answers (same person or another), i like this forum cause i feel i can ask my donk questions and still get patient answers, especially cause i have no poker mates in real life (that sounds so sad...).

See Bolded above

Last edited:
JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

2€ NLHE full ring on PS:

was it right?
This to me is always a 3bet.Your IP,and i would bet villain is looser than 7% pfr raise here with the fish limper.Looks like he is iso to me.BTW a 7% pfr looks like this see below.

villain is loose but not fish, not many info, played only a few hands and there was already a bit of history: he check/raised me twice on the flop and i folded with air, he maybe thought i was weak and bluffed me.

blinds fold
CO calls 0.06

CO bets 0.10
Hero calls 0.10 ???????? should i raise?NO this is a WAWB situation i called because of the history, i didnt want to be 3b and he might have had an 8 or a 4 or was just bluffing me once more
What was is fold to flop cbet %,what was his fold to turn cbet %,what is river aff?You said you had some history on this player,so what are the notes you have on him?

Hero: folds

ok, he most likely had an ace, but was i supposed to raise the flop? and check back the turn floating or giving up?

The KK hand that the fish shoved on river,he is better than AK here about 100% of the time never mind KK

Attachments

• 7%.jpg
    7%.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 88
W

wilk10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
@ fletchdad: raise turn more than pot? i never raise more than pot unless i shove or if there's a flushdraw involved, to me it just screams "bluff", given at micros you don't likely find players that play tricks like overbetting for value but repping a bluff instead.

@ joebob: i think it was only maybe the second orbit of this player at the table, he played loose and c/r me twice so at the time i played the KK hand i thought he was bluffing/bullying me, but still played strongly the KK hand making me fold, but later in the session i found out he was betting for value instead and playing passive/weak with air or draws, so i guess he was just on a run at the beginning.

btw his stats are: 40/2/31 on 45 hands (sample size when the hand was played was maybe 12-15, don't remember), fold to F bet 42% (5/12), fold to T bet 50% (4/8), river af 1.5, R afq 50 (3/6).

guess the fold was right, still need to study more on WAWB

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@ fletchdad: raise turn more than pot? i never raise more than pot unless i shove or if there's a flushdraw involved, to me it just screams "bluff", given at micros you don't likely find players that play tricks like overbetting for value but repping a bluff instead.

@ joebob: i think it was only maybe the second orbit of this player at the table, he played loose and c/r me twice so at the time i played the KK hand i thought he was bluffing/bullying me, but still played strongly the KK hand making me fold, but later in the session i found out he was betting for value instead and playing passive/weak with air or draws, so i guess he was just on a run at the beginning.

btw his stats are: 40/2/31 on 45 hands (sample size when the hand was played was maybe 12-15, don't remember), fold to F bet 42% (5/12), fold to T bet 50% (4/8), river af 1.5, R afq 50 (3/6).

guess the fold was right, still need to study more on WAWB
Here is a old thread on WAWB
https://www.cardschat.com/f49/wa-wb-concept-76525/

R

RedBloodedAmerican

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
always fold KK to any size 3 bet because they always have AA is terrible advice I know plenty of players with a 3bet range that is less then AA... further more saying anyone always has a certain hand base on a certain bet is just plain foolish
Agreed.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I pretty much learned in the first month of playing poker that slow playing AA or KK can lead to disaster. Of course there are so many variables, but in general I pretty much always raise 3xbb preflop and push hard depending on the players--you usually don't want to see the the turn or river unless you hit the flop, in which case, slow play all you want so long as there's not much to threaten your trips.

Lord I love this thread. The land of innuendo and misdirects. All very subtle. Great stuff. All bow to JoeBob :)

For the newuns and lurkers... There's a reason for betting big with AA. You want to be up against other strong hands because that's going to get you money. AK looks pretty good to em, till you turn over your two ones.

56, T9, 97 and they're ilk are what's gonna beat you. Fortunately, those hands (usually) fold to big bets... ;)

-

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a reason for betting big with AA. You want to be up against other strong hands because that's going to get you money. AK looks pretty good to em, till you turn over your two ones.

56, T9, 97 and they're ilk are what's gonna beat you. Fortunately, those hands (usually) fold to big bets... ;)
-
YES - quit trying to limp with your mega hand thinking you are going to trap and take down a monster pot. Your monster pot comes from the other guy who has 2nd or 3rd or 4th mega hand that refuses to believe you could have something better. YOU - AA VILLIAN - AK or KK DREAM FLOP - AK2

You bet out your AA and everyone folds - oh well, sorry about your luck. Better than limping into a 457 flop only to find out he has 68 in the BB. Followed by your exclamation how AA sucks and you "always" get them cracked.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YES - quit trying to limp with your mega hand thinking you are going to trap and take down a monster pot. Your monster pot comes from the other guy who has 2nd or 3rd or 4th mega hand that refuses to believe you could have something better. YOU - AA VILLIAN - AK or KK DREAM FLOP - AK2

Also, don't limp shove your mega hand either. Limp shoving is like shining a bright neon light above yourself and screaming: "I have Kings or better, don't call my preflop shove, seriously!"

P

pokerb0t

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Limp/raise pre
If someone bets before it gets to you min 3-bet them, hopefully inducing a min 4-bet bluff, which you are best flatting for deception.
On flop if you hit a set don't bet, only call. There is not many combos of Ax opponent can have so call all the way down and then overbet shove river for value. check/min-raise on turn is also acceptable
Try and coax as many people to the flop as possible. When they hit something you can get all the chips in the middle and they'll never put you on AA.

Why would you want to coax many people to the pot with AA?

AA gets destroyed against multiple players. You limp and take 5 players to the flop, flop comes up Kh, Jh, Qh / even Ah Jh Qc for example then you're in one hell of a shitty situation where it's damn hard to lay down your cards and there's all sorts of stuff like flushes, straights etc out there dominating your hand, when you were winning by a mile pre-flop and could have taken the weaker flush draws and potential straights out of the picture.

You should never slow play aces unless you're playing at a very loose table, when you know your opponent will do all the betting for you.

With aces I'm trying to isolate a player first, then if they're loose i'll be 3-betting, 4-betting, 5-betting etc.. If they're a nit then I'll tend to flat and hope they hit part of the flop and go for value then.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even Ah Jh Qc for example then you're in one hell of a shitty situation i wouldn't mind getting into a shitty spot if that means floping top set if they're loose i'll be 3-betting, 4-betting, 5-betting etc.. If they're a nit then I'll tend to flat and hope they hit part of the flop and go for value then.This is just plan ass backwards

S

sagiPOTM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you shuld do some bigger bet befor the flop so guys with for example 8 9, 7 8, throw away their cards, because if u dont bet u increase chances that someone with worse cards then you follow and hit straight, flush etc...

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA sucks and you "always" them crack.

Reminds me of high school, good ole Anette Anderson... yea, everyone said old "AA" sucked, but, "play your cards right" and you got crack........

Easy Game...........

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure where this post went but whatever...

Until you get the minimum QUALITY posts. All your posts are scrutinized.

This one won't count either, I'm afraid.

:icon_salu

A

AllInDom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree limit the field. Even if you scare everyone away. Its better than leaving multiple players. They hit 2 pairs and you loose big time...

Status
Not open for further replies.