How do You Play AA - This thread is a lie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even with Aces or Kings I dont think you want to coax as many people in as you can. The more in the more chance of a flop that sinks you. AA and KK are not unbeatable. Reduce your field to 1 or 2 and then extract what you can on a favorable board.

Who do you plan on getting value from if you scare everyone away pre?

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it really does depend on the table your on. I have seen tables where people will bet and call of 8bb raises pre here in which case play aggressively. I have also seen tight tables where players are weary of re raises and likely to fold quickly to one.

as an experienced player I generally feel there is no set in stone answer to this it depends on the table image you have how observant your opponents are and what sort of ability or sense they have.

P

peedee91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
value value value!!!!!!!!!

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who do you plan on getting value from if you scare everyone away pre?

Did I say scare everyone away? I said try to reduce it so youre up against 1 or 2. I cant even tell if your serious in your post. Multi players with a big pair is a recipe for a bad beat.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did I say scare everyone away? I said try to reduce it so youre up against 1 or 2. I cant even tell if your serious in your post. Multi players with a big pair is a recipe for a bad beat.
O he is serious.You can't ever 5bet AA.You need to min 3bet and hope they min 4bet that way you can flat call.How would you play it different.Blues strat is dead on imo.

Last edited:
B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Look at post count and make an educated guess would be my clue.

1luckysob

1luckysob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me like

I would like to add
Always fold KK to any size 3 bet because they always have AA,but 4 bet jam 22-66 because then they have AK

always fold KK to any size 3 bet because they always have AA is terrible advice I know plenty of players with a 3bet range that is less then AA... further more saying anyone always has a certain hand base on a certain bet is just plain foolish

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's called a value bet bluff.You might need to study more.

1luckysob

1luckysob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's called a value bet bluff.You might need to study more.

VBB hinders mainly on your table image. how is giving a non specific "always fold ur KK to a 3bet" say anything about minimizing your losses though VBB... did i miss a post or something?

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't EVERY time you get KK and they don't fold they have AA?

1luckysob

1luckysob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

lol so u have never won a pot with someone 3 betting ur KK? u need to play more if thats the case

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played 5,246 hands of NL holdem and i have lost 100% of the time with KK when someone 3bet me.. Probably lost like 300 out of 300 times.

1luckysob

1luckysob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow thats crazy.. I am almost strictly a tournament player so I get 3 bet with garbage consistently

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not in cash games because when you have KK you get ride of all the AK combo's in the deck that makes it more inclined for the combo's that have AA only.So when i have 22-66 it makes more combo's that have AK in them so then i 4 bet shove ya dig???
Edit : i hope ya read PM's

1luckysob

1luckysob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
now i get it

the pm helped... lol

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can we put this in the learning section more people need to see my awesome insights.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Solid Advice ITT

C

CJPoke04

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can't instinctively tell how to play aces (ie see the most +ev route) then his poker career is pretty doomed regardless of what advice he is given.

This was just a post i put up to see how other people play there aces, i have my own way, im just geting new ideas for my play. ive been playing poker for lil over 2 years, like i said just a post no advise is needed if i want that i would put it in learning poker.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was just a post i put up to see how other people play there aces, i have my own way, im just geting new ideas for my play. ive been playing poker for lil over 2 years, like i said just a post no advise is needed if i want that i would put it in learning poker.
Give details then,Position,stats,notes ,stack sizes etc.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always fold KK to any size 3 bet because thet always haveAA,

I like your reasoning with the whole AK thing. Makes sense.

But, and I may be sayin more than I should here, against me that would loose you money. Cuz I'm liable to 3bet test your raise with ATC's, at any given time.

JusSayin

:icon_salu

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like your reasoning with the whole AK thing. Makes sense.

But, and I may be sayin more than I should here, against me that would loose you money. Cuz I'm liable to 3bet test your raise with ATC's, at any given time.

JusSayin

:icon_salu

lol

C

CJPoke04

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Give details then,Position,stats,notes ,stack sizes etc.

Do you mean how i play it?
If UTG i will min raise
On the B (and cutoff)i will raise a lot more, if the players notice i always play the in that position..
SB raise a lot more to make me look like im stealing
BB call any raise that was given if they limped all around i will raise
any other position i will min raise

Stats and notes don't know what you mean by that...

stack sizes i get the small stakes pot committed
Big stakes well i pray there some what bully's

Ik its not the best way but it works for me and thats good

Status
Not open for further replies.