seiya1989

seiya1989

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In my case, with the low pairs, I usually pay a pre-flop raise if it's not very high and I don't commit to the stack of my chips, but I think that if you play low pairs it should be a bit aggressive since the percentage of connecting a set on the flop is very low, that's my opinion greetings

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you are very right, we should be more aggressive to balance our low hands, but it will also depend on many things, such as the level at which you play and the opponent.

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't think it's a good hand, I make calls and if the flop hits my set I can win a lot by surprising, but I wouldn't call 3bb to pay.

CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
As a beginner, I would say small pairs are often challenging to play because their value largely depends on the community cards that come on the flop, turn, and river. So far, my key to playing small pairs effectively is to try and hit a set on the flop, as this gives me a strong hand. If I don't hit a set, I usually proceed with caution.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
It depends on the position and the players that I face

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I agree. The position is decisive as well as the reaction of the other players.

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
They enter through a call or through a raise of 2-3 blinds in the early stage, in the later stage it’s more likely to call and 2bb, 3bb no longer fits the call

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You tear off 2 pairs 2bb trying to see the flop and catch a set, if there was already an opening before you, then if you play small pairs by calling 77+, you can bet 3 each time, then this is optional, you can also bring them into the distribution by calling

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Set mining w/low pkt-prs are the prescribed method of play depending on your position, stack size, and # of players at the table, imo.

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you are right on path to final table playing small pairs ,i 'vbeen victim of em alot of times so play agressively with those

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If it's on me, min. Raise to get rid of the trash hands, if raised tpm I call, as long as it's not more than 3bb then hope to hit the flop and just call down an raise at the end if get trips or quads

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i get low pairs, i bet or raise on the preflop and pray i hit a set on the flop or every one folds.
If there's a caller and i did not hit the set, ill pray again for lady luck to smile at me.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When it comes to playing small pairs in poker, like 2-2 to 8-8, the best strategy will vary depending on your playing style and table conditions.
Consider your position at the table, if you don't hit the jack, try to control the size of the pot.
Don't play small pairs of less than 25bb, with a flet call.
Be aware of the odds.
The chance of hitting a set on the flop is approximately 1 in 8.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In general, there are two ways of thinking in my opinion when you first open the action with a small pair. The first is to open limp, the action in which the first player hits the flop calls the blinds instead of raising, hoping to encourage other players to limp behind marginal holdings. This keeps your investment preflop to a minimum and encourages multi-way action, so in the event you do get a set on the flop, action is more likely. The second strategy is to open with a raise from middle or late position and simply fold early. By raising instead of limping, you can keep your range "no limit" (as you would play your best starting hands in the same way) and seize the initiative. When you get called, the pot will be bigger than if you had limped, which makes building a big pot easier postflop when you have a set on the flop. And in situations where everyone folds, winning the blinds is never a bad thing! Having said that, if your opponents are inexperienced, play too many hands, and/or are not paying attention, a limp strategy may yield the best results.

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Low pairs are very easy to play postflop. If u on SB/BB u can call 3bb from earlier positions. Therefore, in late positions, they need to be started in a circle, as there was a 2 bb raise. With them, everything got into the set very easily - you play and if you didn't get it, you just dropped it and that's it. What is very important is that the chance to be dominated on the flop is almost non-existent and unlikely, so it is very easy to play 3-way+ with them. Of course, you shouldn't start small pockets with a stack of less than 20bb, and if it was a late raise, it's better to go all-in and implement it after seeing all 5 cards in case of an opponent's call

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
The strategy for playing small pairs can vary depending on the specific game and the context of the hand, for example: Pre-Flop Play: When you have a small pair, it's generally advisable to play them selectively and consider your position at the table. In early position, it's often best to be cautious and either fold or make a small raise to see how other players react. In later positions, where you have more information about the actions of other players, you can consider calling or raising depending on the table dynamics.

PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
Push Olin of course! Of course, many factors affect the depth of the stacks, the position and the stage of the tournament....

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I usually lipm them with the hope of a catch on the flop :) ..trips or better :)

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Low pairs in an early position open or open call when trying to flop

C

Cisne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If it's at the start of the tournament, when I get more aggressive; if no one paid then I'll go all-in, because at worst the big blind comes with me, but even a 1x1 all-in with my low pairs my pre-flop chance is good

pankoffff

pankoffff

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If the opponent's raise is not more than 3 blinds, I try to call and hope for a set on the flop. In other cases, it's a fold.

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play more passively, playing or betting will depend a lot on who I'm playing against and what my stack size is

B

Blue_Fossil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are first in - always raise, even if you have deuces. You may win preflop (ideal); but if not, either you hit your set and get ready to win a nice pot, or get away from it easily.

If you are in later position it gets trickier. I mix it up with the mid to rotten pocket pairs. Sometimes I raise, sometimes I call. I will even fold pocket pairs if there is a raise and reraise ahead of me. The reraise often means a bigger pocket pair. After that, it's all the same - you either hit your set and win, or miss and get away.