How do small pairs usually play?

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think this and how to play QQ, JJ are the most asked questions, lol. The important thing is you're actively thinking about it and working with different solutions until you find one that works for yourself.

GL

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It depends on how people play at my table and whether in which position I play, but in general I usually fold the little pairs preflop

poweROFLuck

poweROFLuck

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you are UTG with 33 and raise preflop then you might get a re-raise or even an all-in. online poker is crazy i sometimes do that and then get tempted to call. Of course most of times i dont like the outcome. So for me its better to limp and wait for flop,if they all in i can always fold easier

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
With a large stack, set mine with them. When the stacks are low the implied odds to hit a set aren't available, so only play them in an unraised pot.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Small pairs is a tricky situation, especially with possible villain Aces.

When I'm first to talk I only play pairs from 6 up to UTG, and I open the range as I get closer to the button.

When I am not the first to talk, if it is a mini raise I simply fold or call in case of steal positions.
Finally, if there's a limp, I'll also follow with a limp.