How to control my nerves?

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone, I had myself a question. Why when you start to lose a certain amount of money at the poker table (zoom) with a good hand like AA and his opponent gives me the call with a hand smaller and take me, then I get angry and start to lose money and noticed I get angry when no gain at all, and so it happened very often to lose my all banckroll. How would need to do to be able to control my nerves and get out of that state ?? Thank you!:)
its not only happaened to you. we poker player have ever get that such experience of playing. our higher starting hands beaten by smaller one. really hard to stop for me when getting a bad beat.

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For those who just started to play poker.

Theory of Poker means that regardless of the environment and the opponents, you are obliged to play poker, as it should be. The Theory of Poker, this is when the cards are dealt to you at the table is no longer friends, friends, relatives - you are a poker player, and it means that all the people playing with you in your poker opponents. In poker, there is no any one necessarily victorious strategy game. Since the strategy of each player at the table has its own, and therefore each needs its own approach. When you play poker you do not get full information - you only know your cards, and you can assume, watching their rivals, what cards they have. You have to learn how to calculate the pot odds and chances of winning.
Thanks to all!:):):):)

V

VTMFI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have separate money for your poker bankroll:

Building Your Online Poker Bankroll

Decide how much you can lose each day - you will lose more often than you will win. Know that when you start playing.When you have used your budget for the day simply stop playing and do something else. Look forward to the next day instead of being angry about the current day.

If you discipline yourself the losses won't feel so bad.
Set aside some time each week to study the game and get better so that your losses will be minimized.

This with banckroll I have not considered but it is better this way, to set yourself some goals! Thankyou for the tip!

For a successful poker game requires not only skill, but also good luck - even expose a 95% of winning, you will still be 5% of the play. When your opponent catches the right card and you win a big hand, is especially important not to let emotions affect the following decisions
And knock you off balance can not only lose, but even win your distribution
Often emotions lead to errors already indicated: the drawing of too many hands, playing against stronger opponents and too long sessions.

Very true what you say!

find a way to enjoy yourself i chat and listen to music this helps and play multiple games so the eggs are in multiple baskets not one and I get by.

When you get a bad beat if have to take a short walk away from the table come back at peace and ride the horse again.

Thanks for the tips!:)

First you should to know poker has a big part of lucky!

but if you get angry, best thing you can do is stop playing and relax

Yes, you need to win and hopefully that is not just about knowing how to play as a strategy

Last edited by a moderator:
diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you need to win and hopefully that is not just about knowing how to play as a strategy

The theoretical part is one of the important components of love with poker. Remember the rules and card combinations are very simple, but in order to start playing with a constantly high results, it is necessary to understand the various intricacies of the game and develop a strategy to master a wide range of techniques.

V

VTMFI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The theoretical part is one of the important components of love with poker. Remember the rules and card combinations are very simple, but in order to start playing with a constantly high results, it is necessary to understand the various intricacies of the game and develop a strategy to master a wide range of techniques.

I think these techniques are learned while playing

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I agree with you! Unless there is a game, you need to watch a training video, look for the cause, gain more skills, but do not stop there. And play well, that would not be afraid of losing everything.
Thanks for the answer!

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tilt is a killer of your game and your BR. But tilt can be over come for the most part, if you know the things that tilt you, and when they happen, think a minute about what you are trying to do, and over time your tilt problem will become less and less, and then your game will change. We could tell you this until we are blue in the face, but you are the only one that can fix the problem, and you will if you want to win at poker.

dakota-xx said " you will lose more often than you will win." and I agree 100% But she don't mean you can't win enough to build a BR. She means that you will lose more hands than you win, or not get NTM playing MTTs as much as you would like to, or one day you win big at the cash tables, and for the next 3 days you lose, so you have to know how to and use good BRM to keep from losing more money than you win. Sometimes it's not going to be what you want to do. For example, you are playing 10nl at the cash tables, and you are buying into $5 MTTs and then of a sudden you notice that your BR is starting to hurt at those levels, so you will have to go down to 5nl and $2 MTTs. Or you can do nothing and watch your BR go to $0 GL to you

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yeah , especially when I go all in AA preflop and the other guy has AJ and on the flop JJ , or when I raise more than 10 bb with AA and the other calls with QJo !! , J on the fop , all in he goes , Q on the turn/river , I get crazy there .
The only solution is , as they said before me , bankroll management , strict BRM , if you have problem following the rules of buyins because of tilt or anger . Rules , rules , rules :cool:

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a proven Cure:I close the poker lobby and drink vodka,I want to warn alcohol is harmful to health

E

enot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Players who feel the need to break the Bank, even when they are playing or want to play, "luck", usually don't win for a long distance. For these players the poker addiction is very destructive, though in some cases this kind of vacation, unless of course the player can afford it, but mostly the dependence is destructive and can ruin people's lives. It is a sad part of the poker industry that many people try to embellish.

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker amateur to 90% luck and 10% knowledge and 90% for the professional knowledge and 10% udachi.Uchite theory, see game professionals and draw conclusions, how to act in different situations !!!

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a break and do something else...... when you feel refreshed go back to the tables and if you still dont have it, take a break again.... and again..... and again....

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I like in this chillout music. I recommend Enya!

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Men take few deep breathe and keep calm but remember this situation with your pocket AA. If you don't have king poker you always can loose. Everything can happen

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your first poker secrets

Most people have ceased to treat poker like to expensive entertainment or gambling. And the constant broadcast on TV competitions, not to mention the Internet, allow us to understand the possibility to earn good money in poker. Earning a top poker seriously can be equated to the average budget of a small business, or even the state. However, many newcomers are smoothed on the punters seem to act the same way, but always lose. The point here is that the major players, I would say the workers, the industry know the secrets of poker.

Your first poker secrets
In this article we will try to solve the mystery. Let's watch the games secrets poker texas holdem, and not only:

Patience - the benefactor.
Novice players do not always have the same patience as professional players. Frequent tilt at daunstrikah or occasional crossings certainly cast doubt on the impartiality of the poker rooms. But we should remember that any institution, to arrange a poker game, it is still one of the players wins. There is a rake, which is levied on all hands, without exception. Professionals, on the contrary, do not know how the original strategy or set of tactics. All are 100% sure of the mathematical and logical component of the game, and then use the poker secrets for their own purposes;

Discipline.
As in any sports game, poker discipline occupies a decisive place. At a constant game, the session turned into a routine. Instead, the pleasure of playing cards, you get numbers and graphs. Constantly need to be considered, then still count, and finally, even a little bit count. Of course, a good thing if all these calculations relate only to your bottom line. These secrets of poker hold'em is to understand and accept. You have come to earn money and it is an integral part. When you do this, the game will play again for you to paint. Also, the discipline to avoid tilt poker, because that upset if you just worked shift.
Goal setting.
*In addition to these, there are other important, poker texas holdem secrets, and any other too. So, one of the main secrets of poker - is the ability to set a goal. For the professional poker player there are no victories and defeats, there is only profit. Such a philosophical approach to the problem allows us to neglect this second admiration of victory or bitter defeat. Always can sneak up on a black bar and you lose, but a professional will make another deposit and win twice. That is, being armed with such secrets of poker Hold'em as the goal, we do not pay for each is not luck or good luck, and thus gain the peace of mind and just move it.

Analytical thinking.
There are people on the analytical abilities which becomes clear from an early age. About these, we can say that some of the secrets of poker Texas Hold'em open to them since childhood. In conjunction with the attention, they can find out more information about their opponents. But even if you are not one of these people, do not despair. Analytical as well as any other abilities can be developed. Especially, if you are reading these secrets of poker. For training to be constantly engaged in the analysis of the game, and even before going to bed to try to remember the events of the past day, and re-analyze them at a cool head.

In conclusion, also I like to say that whatever the secrets of poker we will either open anyway to fully understand them you have to go through. Good luck at the tables!

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone, I had myself a question. Why when you start to lose a certain amount of money at the poker table (zoom) with a good hand like AA and his opponent gives me the call with a hand smaller and take me, then I get angry and start to lose money and noticed I get angry when no gain at all, and so it happened very often to lose my all banckroll. How would need to do to be able to control my nerves and get out of that state ?? Thank you!:)

Pick a hobby other than poker. You'll never get mad again.

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you start to get nervous need to create one break otherwise you can lose your entire bankroll.In poker you need to play with a cool head.

TiReX

TiReX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once I was in the same situation.After a bad played hand-nerves were on the brink.Always tried to win,respectively, continuing the game on emotions(which is very effect on my bankroll).Now,if I have not made up session-I just stopped.And that would be less nervous I try not to focus bad hands

glenn6971

glenn6971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to have the bankroll to allow for variance. Variance can be a big killer especially if you are playing stakes beyond your bankroll. I have seen many poker players go broke playing beyond their means.