How to come back to poker advice

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was making great strides in my game...medical bills from Injury piled up....stopped playing for a Few years. Finally have my head squared away, feel at ease once again, feel healthy and alive. Looking for advice coming back into the poker world. Anything welcomed. Beens years since i have taken a flop and im ready, thanks in advance mates.

7thseal

7thseal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game has changed a bit online since I have started playing. Tons of people have read books on poker and think they can bluff their way every time. I recommend you take the time and watch a table before you hop on. Find the aggressive bettors and trap the hell out of them. Sometimes the trap game will pay off more than betting straight-up. Also, don't be afraid to make notes. When you have the nuts don't hesitate to over-bet the cards a bit drawing in a call that will give you the most bang for your buck. Mix-up your play and most importantly have fun with what you are doing. Good luck on the tables. I hope to see you playing the freerolls soon.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Study is an essential part today, I recommend that you watch a pro on your stream on Twitch and you will learn too much, try to watch it for several days and it will help you a lot, I like to see Matt Staples but there are many players, watching them on stream will give you a quick idea of how the game has evolved:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

Hi vay1op369 and welcome to CC. Glad you are better from all that. My advice is to start slow at low stakes. GL

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
How many years since you played?

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
welcome back
you should start playing freerolls. there are plenty of the for CC members
and if you have some money, cash games with small stakes
good luck

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say to start with Freerolls and low stakes at the poker game you are most comfortable with. Take time and see where your at first, there’s no rush. Maybe take the CC Poker Courses as well. I’m sure once you start playing again, you’ll do just fine. Welcome back to poker and good luck at the tables too!!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was making great strides in my game...medical bills from Injury piled up....stopped playing for a Few years. Finally have my head squared away, feel at ease once again, feel healthy and alive. Looking for advice coming back into the poker world. Anything welcomed. Beens years since i have taken a flop and im ready, thanks in advance mates.

Start with the game(s) that brought you the most success in the past.

Start at the lowest possible stakes.

Play one table at a time until you get a strong intuitive sense of how the game is currently being played.

Start figuring out how to exploit the current way people are playing.

Now you're cooking!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Game you have to adapt and change tactics. It would be hard to offer specific advise with any certainty depending on the skill level.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Success. I understand what a health problem is. Now it is this moment that prevents you from actively playing. I'm happy for you.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker for about 14 years and like you I stopped for a few years and came back to play regularly last year. I noticed that the game is more difficult than before, because we have less options of games and also less players since US players left the majority of rooms. My suggestion to you is to study the game again, watch videos (nowadays there are a lot of them available) and start to play the small limits until you feel ready like before.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I suggest you start gradually, namely, with our daily freerolls, thanks to which you will be able to build a bankroll and restore your skills.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well, if you were relatively up-to-date with the current strategies two years ago you shouldn't be lightyears behind..

I think the game has changed quite significantly in five year intervals (at most) for quite some time! :)

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played for a hour today won $20 over a hour at .05/.10 blind cash game, folded a full boat put him on a better full boat, felt great to be back. Been studying more than playing

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Run bank roll up to $200 in a couple hours. Staying in strict bank roll limits, at NL10 right now, total joke used to play Nl50 nl100 all the time but didnt have br for swings doing it right this time.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Run bank roll up to $200 in a couple hours. Staying in strict bank roll limits, at NL10 right now, total joke used to play Nl50 nl100 all the time but didnt have br for swings doing it right this time.

Time will tell. :D

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start with the game(s) that brought you the most success in the past.

Start at the lowest possible stakes.

Play one table at a time until you get a strong intuitive sense of how the game is currently being played.

Start figuring out how to exploit the current way people are playing.

Now you're cooking!

Turned my $50 deposit to $250 over past few days playing .05/.10 great advice, any tips when i sould move up? Was going to grind to $1000 dollars

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cool.. welcome back and remember practice makes perfect. There are some good sites to play on you will like em and wherever you live might make a difference on what sites you can play on. Im in USA and pokerstars ain't legal in fl. but others are so good luck and have fun.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cool.. welcome back and remember practice makes perfect. There are some good sites to play on you will like em and wherever you live might make a difference on what sites you can play on. Im in USA and pokerstars ain't legal in fl. but others are so good luck and have fun.

Thx mate im on stars in pa, 10-15 tables at a time lol, Turn $50 into $300 so far long way to go appreciate the comment

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turned my $50 deposit to $250 over past few days playing .05/.10 great advice, any tips when i sould move up? Was going to grind to $1000 dollars

I'd stick with .05/.10 for a while. You don't want to burn up that $250.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd stick with .05/.10 for a while. You don't want to burn up that $250.

Good call ill make sure to stay at ..05/.10 i did dabble lil bit today in .15/30 but not worth risk, just passed $350 will play more today

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, in principle, nothing has changed.Unless, of course, your feeling for the game has changed.Many people do not feel confident after a long break.All the problems, as always, are only in your head.so keep yourself in hand, stick to the bankroll and go into battle)!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good call ill make sure to stay at ..05/.10 i did dabble lil bit today in .15/30 but not worth risk, just passed $350 will play more today

Wow! You are on a heater!

GL keeping it going! :)