How to come back to poker advice

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dropped down to 300 had some ridiculous bad beats, Part of game will begin grind back up

L

Lftc07

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
come back playing freeroll so your skills come back high and your thinking about ranges is better

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad to hear you are feeling better. I’ve been through 3 back surgeries so I understand layoffs and delays.

The basics are still the same. If it’s been a while, check out the CardsChat 30 day lessons. Really good up to date info. Start playing some freerolls that aren’t hyper as they are just gambles. If you make a deposit, start playing some regular speed single table tournaments at the lowest stakes.

There are lots of information out there now. I’m sure you will find many that contradict each other. Take everything with a grain of salt. There is no “correct” way to play. Find you comfort zone and enjoy the game. You will get many bad beats but take them in stride.

Best of luck and stay healthy.

R

recoveryagent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dive right in and play tight till you get your wind back poker never changes players do good luck

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start at Very Low Steaks

I started at a website that the lowest steaks was .05/.10. That actually quite high. Now I play on a site .01/.02. I am doing much better on that site and leaning more. Suggest starting very low.

Was making great strides in my game...medical bills from Injury piled up....stopped playing for a Few years. Finally have my head squared away, feel at ease once again, feel healthy and alive. Looking for advice coming back into the poker world. Anything welcomed. Beens years since i have taken a flop and im ready, thanks in advance mates.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started at a website that the lowest steaks was .05/.10. That actually quite high. Now I play on a site .01/.02. I am doing much better on that site and leaning more. Suggest starting very low.

I'm pretty sure .01/.02 has ridiculous rake that is almost unbeatable.

Right?

(I don't often play cash)

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
come back playing freeroll so your skills come back high and your thinking about ranges is better

Good call on ranges, Put in about 10,000 hands this week idk if thats alot? But it sure has help me remember lil tips. Biggest issue is my blind play needs touched up

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad to hear you are feeling better. I’ve been through 3 back surgeries so I understand layoffs and delays.

The basics are still the same. If it’s been a while, check out the CardsChat 30 day lessons. Really good up to date info. Start playing some freerolls that aren’t hyper as they are just gambles. If you make a deposit, start playing some regular speed single table tournaments at the lowest stakes.

There are lots of information out there now. I’m sure you will find many that contradict each other. Take everything with a grain of salt. There is no “correct” way to play. Find you comfort zone and enjoy the game. You will get many bad beats but take them in stride.

Best of luck and stay healthy.

Wow, thank you so much for response, find your comfort zone thats gold , when im confortble is when i play my best, thx so much!!! Wish you best at the tables as well sir

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back around 350 in my account reviewed poker tracker filled some leaks, arrow is going up this weekend, thans boys for mots ation

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Back around 350 in my account reviewed poker tracker filled some leaks, arrow is going up this weekend, thans boys for mots ation

That's why Cardschat exists! We are here to help each other get better. :)

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice is to play your A game and play what you enjoy the most. Welcome back to the poker world and I wish you luck.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice is to play your A game and play what you enjoy the most. Welcome back to the poker world and I wish you luck.

Thanks man, toughest part is blind play especially with JJ, appreciate all the positive replys

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks man, toughest part is blind play especially with JJ, appreciate all the positive replys

This is where my experience (MTTs) diverges from yours. I'm not very good at cash games. :)

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is where my experience (MTTs) diverges from yours. I'm not very good at cash games. :)

Cash is so incredibly difficult, once you fix 1 leak another leak appears. Its good way to find leaks in game will deff make u better tournet player

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice that you have recovered. I recommend the lower levels (tournament and cash game) for re-entry. Naturally there are also the weaker players against whom it is easier to win. At the beginning, play freeroll tournaments because there is practically no risk for you, later you can use the money you win to enter the lowest cash game levels and then play your way up.:)

A

acenit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Start off low and small, be patient, dont play tire. And grind!

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Join some poker school with instructional videos, strategies, and player blogs. By the way, here on Cardschat there is also a good course on the basics of the game.