Guide to Continuation Betting (When and How to C-Bet in Poker)

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks a great article. The article well shows the basic principles for S-bets, I will draw conclusions about my bets and add some experimentation to my game.

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that if you were the preflop aggressor, then the continuation bet is required. The only thing is that its size should be chosen very carefully. You can make a minimum bet, hitting the nuts. This can trigger your opponent to bluff-raise. Or, as the article was written, it will help to fill the bank and get more profit from the nuts.:playingba

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that c-bet, becomes an art that depends a lot on the variables that play at that moment: position, type of players and number of players in the hand, the strength of our hand and the type of flop, if we were the that we opened PF or those that we did check, etc, to be able to make the best decision.
I also think that the c-bet is more automatic in the cash games than in the tournaments, where the environment of the hand is analyzed more.
The bet sizing, is a very important issue when playing after the flop, varies depending on many factors and is almost always determinant, we must change the bet sizing to not be easily read.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my game depends on my mood.When I play passively I notice that some players at the table interrupt my bet and I have to discard the cards if I'm not sure about my hand.But at the same time when I have a very strong hand ,I will not fold and then I break a good Bank.

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is very nice article.I really enjoyed reading it and it was like rewising all my knowledge about this stage of game.From one side it is easy to c-bet but from another it is very specific bet ip or oop you make it.Another words I would add that we cant play c-bet like deletants cause we have to know every situation and how we have to act !!!

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations on the article.
Cbet shows aggression against the villain who will not always hit the flop and expands his range. Chances are better if it's in HU. The probability of hitting the board is 33%, which makes Cbet one of the best ways to steal chips because accumulating chips is always important in poker.

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Great article. Something I wish I had read early into my poker playing. I used to just barrell the wetest boards and wonder why I was getting called.
I have also incorporated some delayed cbets into my game. Need to consider opponents and board texture for this to be effective

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the activities of this month are really excellent reminders ... this question of how to continue betting very interesting for both beginners and more experienced ... despite the salguma experience that I acquired with the practices, these ensembles are very valuable

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to keep a very balanced approach to c-bet, making sure to protect the checking range. If I see someone c-bet too frequently, I will exploit them raise or floating their c-bet often.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can also look at the villans fold to cbet stat, there donk %, and their aggression factor by street....which should give you a good feel on how fit or fold they play. Another metric you can look at is their vpip pfr gap to get a measure of how likely they are to continue in the hand.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Very good article thanks for the information still learning every day more about this beautiful game .....

M

Markise007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The art of the continuation bet (or c-bet) is something that every good poker player should at least be familiar with. Continuation betting on the flop can help you take the pot down right away, or alternatively build a pot when you have a made hand. There are some factors to consider:
  • Board Texture
  • Position
  • C-Bet Sizing
  • Reads on Opponents
Considering all factors correctly is what makes a good continuation betting strategy. But what are the specifics? We created The Ultimate Guide to Continuation Betting

Click the link to read the strategy article, and then post here to let us know what you think! Is c-betting something you are already doing, or have you been a little timid to get your feet wet in that regard? Are there other factors that you also consider when c-betting? We want to hear it.
thank you for all this information s, i just join Cardschat i didn t not know about all this , i just read the ultimate guide to continuation bet and i like it it offers many good gold advices , it help me correct many of my mistakes , and like u said it s a thing every good player must know .

seven_outs

seven_outs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would advise to not C-Bet and especially never Bluff c-bet in multiway action with more than 2 other players in the pot. Its just not worth it/ too risky, exept you got the nuts

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best thread I read on c-bet.
Generally I don’t try c-bet on multi-way pots on the flop
I will try Cbet HU on the flop depending on board texture. If I hit on the flop bet is closer to value bet. If I miss the c-bet standard 30% of pot flop. If I hit a monster I likely will check or make a thinner value bet less than 30%
I like to c-bet OOP. Sure there are guys that like to float IP but if you check on the turn means then everyone knows you got nothing and Floater will bet out. Sometimes have to double barrel a miss with a greater bet on the turn. It’s worked for me

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars