Freerolls

N

new_player

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've notice on the On Demand freerolls on ACR the players would play with any hand if they know they are running good. They would call big raises or all in's with crappy hands believing they will hit and majority of the time they do. Not good to practice on there but good if you feel like playing bingo. :(

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is Poker

For me, Poker is Poker, does not matter if it is a freeroll or regular MTT or cash game

I take poker very seriously at all times, and so should you!!

Even the $10 ACR freerolls i take seriously. Yes there is over 100s of entries and only top 10 pays, but it's still the game of poker, VARIANCE

I have cashed multiple times in the $10 ACR On-Demand freerolls. I just take poker serious on any level

T

tke001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basic rule of thumb: lower the stakes the looser, more erratic play. Don't be discouraged by poor results in freerolls as many players simply play like they have nothing to lose. You often get what you pay for, lol.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight for the first few levels and only play strong hands that are at the top of your range. Once you all the people who jam any two cards are out of the event then you can open your range.

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play good

Best advice ever... the more i think about it. If you want to win play the same.. i am always adjusting to the tight players and loose agressives diferently anyway. I havent played many cc freerolls yet but the $10 are a joke and treat them as such. Srry. Also.. if everyone seems to be playing the cc freerolls tight amd careful from the stsrt... guess what im going to do? Hehe

Mister Pillow

Mister Pillow

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you can win the freerolls and increase poker bankroll

for me, the start comes from freerols; i usually comb internet searching for a juicy freeroll; usually, the best ones are offered by small and emerging new poker rooms, who put a lot of money & effort into promotion bonuses; i would look for those if i were you; if you so wish, i can look around and point you to some good, new & crypto poker rooms that currently offer sweet bonuses, freerolls and hav softest player pool! you wouldn't believe how fast you can rake up decent bankroll in freerolls; don't go with big and old poker rooms - the freerolls there are lean, calculated to be the least profitable and have a ton of freeloaders after some measly few bucks :D

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Well , I try to play tight and play carefully , cause most , if not all , play like maniacs or extremely loose . But I have seen lately that this doesn't help much on the long run , so I have to play a bit more loose than the normal , see more hands , take more risks , especially if the aggressive player is known to me or if the field of players is very large .

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

It depends on how many people are in the tournament. More then two hundred you should play loose. You will be out chipped stacked if you make it to fifty then you have to make it to twenty and wont place.

Sharpie88PL

Sharpie88PL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Buy the ticket take the ride.

Doyle Brunson once said that playing a tournament is like buying a lotery ticket. The more tickets you buy the bigger chance you have of winning. In a tournament you are forced to take risks very often, not like in a cash game where the blinds stay the same.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Strategy for freerolls don't bluff because lots of loose fish that will bad beat your hands.

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each gameroom seems to attract a different type of player.

Some places have freerolls where the first five minutes are folks going "all-in". In that case, I usually wait out that time and wait for things to get serious,

Some places have nearly everyone limp. In that case, I usually look for strong hands, and watch for mistakes.

I would say it does seem like every successful ITM requires at least one or two pieces of luck (a bad bluff that paid off; an all-in that I should've lost but won, etc.)

In any case, there's enough freerolls around you could be playing one every hour of the day.

Good luck.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
freerolls you have loose players getting lucky, so I would play tight and wait for double up chances.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played a 10K Freeroll on poker stars today.Got a good stack.Was close to the prize.Dropped a pair of aces.The opponent went all in.And I did.And my pair of aces lost 2i9. Very sad.

T

tayday79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Excited to play one tonight... anyone have any particular strategy when playing freerolls...? Do you play differently from $$ entry tournaments? ive played them before but im always trying to improve my edge... this one is up above $5000.
i play tight in the beginning cause everyone is a donkey trying to get the early chip lead.

Asixx014

Asixx014

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As an avid MTT player, the freerolls I see have tons of loose fish in the first few levels that shove with trash. And since its free you should call with big hands, if you lose no sweat, if you win double up. Only in freerolls though. Buy-in MTTs have a little bit of a tighter start. I'm not saying play loose in early stages of freerolls, but calling all-ins from shove happy players with good hands is probably a good idea. Being in the top 50% of players after first break is a good place to be. After that, you can loosen up a little and play more bluff lines against players who are taking it seriously. The all-in call strat should be let go of at this point, unless you are willing to play a standard race or sucked into a AA vs KK hand. Good luck!!!

G

Goonsquad1217

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Excited to play one tonight... anyone have any particular strategy when playing freerolls...? Do you play differently from $$ entry tournaments? ive played them before but im always trying to improve my edge... this one is up above $5000.
I think I finally get to play one tonight. Trying to open a account art a site.

I

insaneiam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love playing the freerolls on acr/bcp. there not only fun but they help to give experience and skill to those of us that haven't been doing this very long.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it comes to a freeroll worth more than $ 5000, you can use the normal strategy that is played in paid tournaments.
But as people never give much value to what's free, then it should be better to play with a bit of caution in the beginning.
[emoji111]️[emoji111]️

X

xxgsaint5501xx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play freerolls kind of tight and i will place in them doing that. If i don't make too many mistakes i can do really well. Tonight I won $.75 in a $10 freeroll on ACR. Not much but the experience I gained from it was priceless I hope to build enough money to play a $1 tourney and hopefully place in that and start to build a good size bankrool

I have found that in free rolls like you are referring, the micros, a little patience can go a long way. I try to play my same, solid game no matter the stakes. I do make adjustments to compensate for the extremely loose play that characterizes the early stages of these types of tournaments, like trying to play more hands early that play well multi-way, which you tend to get, such as suited connectors.

X

xxgsaint5501xx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play tight in the beginning cause everyone is a donkey trying to get the early chip lead.

I also tend to use the strategy of "play tight, when the field is loose and play looser when then the play tightens up". I find this contra approach serves me well in cash games too.

X

xxgsaint5501xx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strategy for freerolls don't bluff because lots of loose fish that will bad beat your hands.

In the early stages of the tournament, you are absolutly right. When play approaches the money, many many successful bluffing opportunities present themselves.

Freeroll Passwords